• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raiden vs Genji (Overwatch)

Raiden and Genji are at their 8-B and High 8-C versions respectievely. Both Bloodlusted. Speed Equalized. All their arsenal included, including Raiden's Ripper Mode and Genji's Dragon Blade. Battle takes place in a forset and it's literally raining.

Who would win?

Going with Raiden here since he's easily the better swordsman due to have more experience and also his Ripper Mode easily gives him the edge as it negates durability.

Forgive me if I am blind, but Raiden doesn't have a High 8-C version. The closest to this would be 8-C Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2.

This isn't how this works. 8-C Raiden doesn't have a Ripper mode, at least not one for that key. Secondly, the dura negeting sword isn't part of Raiden's arsenal, again, wrong key. Genji practically one-shots.

Inb4 anyone says Jack has more experience, Genji should have just as much experience, given that he was in the Shimada clan, Blackwatch, and Overwatch.

Coukd go either way, essentially whoever huts first will incap and then finish since both their AP is better thsn their enemy's dura. Large building>building and city block>large building.

MGS4 Raiden would be a stomp in both AP and Dura.

But you're using a MGS4 Raiden that doesn't have Ripper mode yet. It makes no sense. ._. In fact, 8-C is MGS2 Raiden, so when you put him at that, Genji takes this fight easily due to having more experience than 8-C Raiden in MGS2. Either you use MGS2 Raiden who is at 8-C or use MGS4 Raiden who is 8-B.

Alex Night said:
But you're using a MGS4 Raiden that doesn't have Ripper mode yet. It makes no sense. ._. In fact, 8-C is MGS2 Raiden, so when you put him at that, Genji takes this fight easily due to having more experience than 8-C Raiden in MGS2. Either you use MGS2 Raiden who is at 8-C or use MGS4 Raiden who is 8-B.
I fixed that one. Raiden is 8-B and Genji is High 8-C.

Raiden wins. He's more skilled in my opinion and his blade can cut anything because it's weakens the molecules of the things it cuts.

Ok I don't think people understand what's so flawed about this matchup.

First up, Raiden's molecule weakening sword is from Revengence, not 2 or 4. Secondly, anything more than MGS2 Raiden would be a stomp in his favour as Genji can't damage a 8-B without great effort, while Raiden one-shots.

Back