• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragna the BloodEdge vs Kharn the Betrayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I actually looked at that one. Thanks to the revisions, I'm remaking it. This might be the closest match we ever get for Kharn.

Ragna his soul hax is powerful enough to affect susanoo who has nigh immunity to soul manipulation and kharn has no resistance to soul manipulation at all

Well actually, Ragna's soul hax more or less comes from him hitting things with his scythe sword. As Kharn has Gorechild so...

I reckon Khorne'll be ok with it.

Put it this way. Does Ragna get up close and personal in CQC to start using his soul hax?

If yes, Khorne is going to be fine with it.

Well then those ranged attacks probably aren't going to work.

Luckily, getting up close and attacking in CQC will. Including his soul hax.

Monarch Laciel said:

Why would soul Hax be fair?

Monarch Laciel said:

What makes you think that? All of ragna's attacks do heavy soul damage that affect characters with nigh immunity to soul manipulation kharn has no resistance to soul manipulation at all so how is ragna soul hax not going to work

Sparda.....

Do you know how ridiculously powerful Kharn's power nullification is? He has a 1B diety watching him negating every ability his opponent has that he considers unfair.

Fight starts, soul Hax is gone.

Blessing of the Blood God: Khârn is the most favoured mortal servant of Khorne, and is accordingly granted protection against witchery by his patron. This favour allows Khârn complete immunity to reality warping, mind control, psychic assaults, magic, etc. If it does not fall under honorable martial combat, Khorne will prevent it, forcing Khârn's enemies to face him on an equal playing field.

Because Kharn himself literally uses soul hax in his daemonic weapon Gorechild that can ignore conventional durability and destroy the soul of what he hits with it, and his patron god Khorne, who hates all psychers and people who don't fight fair, does not nullify Gorechild's effects.

Ragna is not ignoring honourable martial combat at all. He is getting up close and smacking Kharn with a weapon that is effectively a slightly worse version of Gorechild in martial combat, which is exactly what Khorne likes.

Well then that should be removed.

Pretty sure a 1B diety can negate whatever the hell he wants.

Sparda, I'm saying right now.

Blazblue azure grimoire magic is going to be equalised to warp psycher magic.

If you are arguing that Khorne can't negate it because it is not magic, you are objectively wrong.

How about you argue that it is still honourable martial combat instead.

From what I have read on his page he can nullify magic ragna's blazblue is not magic it is something completely different the only ones we have seen be able to use magic are Rachel,nine and celica

Ragna has fought characters who have far more combat experience then him and he has ever beaten them or fought them to a stand still

Sparda, verse equalization makes any magic the same, plus again, 1B Diety......

Oh, those guys with thousands or less years of combat experience?

People, like Laciel has been saying, it's not like Khorne wouldn't negate Ragna having soul attacks because he can't.

It's because he wouldn't have a problem with it. In b4 Azzy comes here and explains that yes he would. Ragna would be attacking in CQC normally, it's just that his scythe does the same thing Kharn's axe does.

You guys should stop thinking Khorne nullifies EVERYTHING. He nullifies what he thinks is dishonourable (though that still leaves like 97% of the hax out there in the "lolnope" cathegory). Fighting Kharn in CQC with a weapon that works like Gorechild does not fall under "dishonourable", therefore Khorne would not nullify it. What Ragna does is quite literally the exact same thing Kharn does - attack in CQC with a Soul shredding weapon.

Furthermore Ragna himself has resistance to Soul attacks so Gorechild wouldn't be oneshotting him either.

Furthermore, just making sure here: The Idea Engine prevents people from up to Low 2-C from messing with Ragna's powers. Since this fight is not taking place inside the warp, would Khorne's influence still be 1-B and affect him anyways?

Anyways, counting the votes.

Kharn: 2 (Gargoyle One, Sparda 20000000)

Ragna: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Kharn: 3 (Gargoyle One, Sparda 20000000, Monarch Laciel)

Ragna: 0

Inconclusive: 0

So far it seems like the Kharn is bringing the Kharn age against Ragna.

Oh right, i'm voting Khârn too. Is there a calc for Ragna's 5-A though? I can't find it anywhere. I have to say though, that I think that Khorne would negate Ragna's soul hax mostly because he resists Khârn's

FateAlbane said:
It's because he wouldn't have a problem with it. In b4 Azzy comes here and explains that yes he would.
swiggity swed I'm comin' for this thread

This depends entirely on context. For instance, Force weapons don't work on Kharn (they just act as normal weapons). Description of Force weapons;

"Force Weapons effectively act as deadly, psychic extensions or amplifiers of the wielder's own Empyrean-spawned powers. They are designed to allow a psyker to channel deadly Warp energies into their victim, acting as a conduit between the wielder's mind and the flesh of his target. Large alien monstrosities and daemons that are resilient to conventional weapons can be slain outright by a single wound from a Force Weapon, as their bodies and minds are destroyed by the unearthly powers of the Immaterium."

Gorechild is different. Originally, it was just a normal Chainaxe, which was broken and thrown away when Angron used it to dig himself out from underneath a collasped mountain. Kharn recovered it, had it reforged with Mica dragon teeth. Gorechild tearing through everything like tissue paper is likely due to those teeth, which almost certainly function similar to something like Genestealer claws (monomolecular edges allow cutting through any material). The soul destroying is from whatever unknown daemon seems to possess the axe now, and more acts as a "no you ******* don't" to anything that otherwise wouldn't die to a Chainaxe bisecting it. The axe itself is said to feed on carnage, so Kharn actually needs to slice people up. He can't just gently tap someone with it and soulfuck them.

Kharn FRA.

I also do not think Khorne will negate Ragna's powers because he won't find it dishonorabu. But we've come to that conclusion already.

Good match idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back