• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R2M1] 2nd Crosstier Tournament - Kira the Ghosthunter vs. Grender Supervoltix (0-0-0)

ExSENNA

Any/All
Last edited:
Kira has good resistances but little of it seems to apply to what Grender can do, and the non physical ectoplasm boost doesn’t apply either

What does she start with? Maybe she has something I’m missing

Kira will typically open with her camera, which uses soul hacks. If that doesn't work, she'll play keepaway while trying to draw her opponent to BFR them, where she mainly uses her precog to avoid attacks, her bracelet to make her opponents more passive, and her extreme drawing skills to draw the opponents incredibly quickly

Kira will typically open with her camera, which uses soul hacks. If that doesn't work, she'll play keepaway while trying to draw her opponent to BFR them, where she mainly uses her precog to avoid attacks, her bracelet to make her opponents more passive, and her extreme drawing skills to draw the opponents incredibly quickly
Shouldn’t she have soul manipulation listed then? As it stands it seems like her real hax hide in her techniques section, it seems just a bit misleading. It’s alright though, as Grender resists soul hax via not possessing one at all. Escape Teleport is essentially a precog as well so if the petrification is in play he would still be able to dodge it because he auto warps to the safest zone possible, at that point he would then begin his attack

Anyway, a keep away game is something Grender is exceedingly good at, and Kira doing so will play into his typical strategies. He always starts off by releasing Nullifixer drones, then some combo of of Volt techniques, likely being Volt Stars as Volt Mortars are activated automatically due to this being second key Grender. A danmaku consisting of a couple thousand volt stars should do well enough, especially with his monstrous accuracy

Not sure about how the bracket works exactly, but I did check the page, and a ‘calming aura’ isn’t exactly something that’ll really effect Grender either because his bloodlust was unaffected by similar emotional stuff, plus even if it worked perfectly as long as he sees her as white (which he will due to her lack of Volt energy) his bloodlust will remain, and so he will always have that intrinsic desire to destroy

Grender is a physical being, not sure how drawing him would work in that case, on top of that he has a very complex design, even with extreme drawing skill it might take a bit of extra time, and as for BFR Grender won’t get in close unless his enemy draws near first so she’ll have to approach at her own risk

Bro seems to be active but doesn't bother commenting on this match
My bad, forgot to reply

Grender seems to have far more options here in terms of offence, and due to Grender's nature & Kira's lack of actual combat experience, plus the fact that most of her abilities rely on Soul manipulation which Grender resists I think Grender would kill Kira before Kira could banish them

Kira's main thing is soul manipulation and she gets put against the 2 people in the bracket that resist that lol

My bad, forgot to reply

Grender seems to have far more options here in terms of offence, and due to Grender's nature & Kira's lack of actual combat experience, plus the fact that most of her abilities rely on Soul manipulation which Grender resists I think Grender would kill Kira before Kira could banish them

Kira's main thing is soul manipulation and she gets put against the 2 people in the bracket that resist that lol
Yeah that’s tough for her, she looks super interesting and deserves better matchups, I hope she has a real match where she can showcase those abilities soon

Unfortunately though I’m pulling Grender and myself out of the tourney so you auto advance again, I simply cannot with the drama in the other thread

Yeah that’s tough for her, she looks super interesting and deserves better matchups, I hope she has a real match where she can showcase those abilities soon

Unfortunately though I’m pulling Grender and myself out of the tourney so you auto advance again, I simply cannot with the drama in the other thread
By this point I should put supernatural luck on her profile as she got to the finals due to both of her opponents withdrawing

Sorry to hear you have to withdraw, drama always sucks, especially since this is supposed to be a site where we battle fictional characters for fun

Back