• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quote vs. Morro

I just noticed: their AP is almost EXACTLY the same (though, Morr's feat is more casual), and they both have ways to kill each other, so this seems fair (for now). Both Low 7-B and speed equalized. Morro is possessing Lloyd.

Quote render by HIT IT
EvilGreen

Quote: 1 (Starter Pack)

Morro: 1 (Yobobojojo)

Inconclusive: 0

Now this is a very interesting match. Now, let's see which of these two would likely win. And the results may actually be a lot closer than one may think.

For starters, since speed is equalized here, let's look at their strength and durability. Now, the funny thing here is that Quote doesn't actually have a Striking Strength feat, and Morro doesn't have a Lifting Strength feat. However, due to both Quote's guns and Morro's Spinjitsu, they have both been identified at around Small City+ levels of Attack Potency, so I'm gonna say that they have roughly the same amount of power behind them. And this goes for their durability as well, because even though Morro is a ghost with Intangibility on his side, Quote has been shown to hit ghosts as easily as any other monster he faced on the island. So, this doesn't really help Morro here.

Now, on to intelligence. And, in terms of both combat and overall experience, I have to give a slight edge to Morro here, as not only has Morro trained formally in the art of Spinjitsu under Sensei Wu, but he's had years of experience as a ghost and certainly more experience than a robot with amnesia. Speaking of the robot with amnesia, I am actually going to give him a slight intelligence edge over Morro, as while both can retain information they only just read and put it to practice, Quote has been shown to master foreign guns almost immediately as soon as he receives them, plus he was able to outwit Genius characters like The Doctor. Plus, Morro's arrogance will not help him in this fight.

And now, on to the specific powers each of them has over the other and see who would win. First off, to clarify, I do actually believe that Morro could potentially turn Quote into a ghost, because even though he technically doesn't have a soul due to being a robot, it has been shown in Ninjago that inanimate objects can take on ghost-like properties, so this is a real danger to Quote. And while Morro doesn't really try to turn anyone into a ghost in character, he can summon other ghosts that are more than happy to do this. Luckily for Quote, though, he can hit ghosts as I said before, and can probably take down the ghosts Morro summons fairly rapidly, especially since most of the ghosts barring Bansha and Soul Archer attack with melee attacks. And luckily these two shouldn't be too much trouble for Quote, especially with his Bubbline and Whimsical Stars blocking the arrows from Soul Archer. However, if Bansha possesses Quote, then it might prove to be a problem for Quote, since he has no resistances to this.

The precognition Morro gets from the Sword of Sanctuary will also help him, since with it, he could easily dodge quite a bit of Quote's attacks. His Air Manipulation may be able to throw Quote off and restrict his limited Flight capabilities while leaving his own Flight intact, and his lightning may prove to be a problem for Quote since it is kind of hard to dodge lightning. He can go invisible and attack Quote when he's least expecting it, his Elemental Dragon will prove to be a huge hurdle for Quote to overcome, and even if it's out of character for him to use, he can create barriers by using Lloyd's elemental powers and shoot energy with it, which Quote will have to try to dodge all of it while possibly being hampered by a storm that Morro may summon.

However, things aren't completely hopeless for Quote in this battle, as he is quite skilled at shooting with his different guns. First off, Quote would be able to learn the lay of the land fairly fast by scanning the local area and figuring out how to best utilize the local area to his advantage. His Bubbline and Whimsical Stars can reduce the chance of Morro attacking physically by a great amount, and since the ghosts of Ninjago are weak to water, Quote's Bubbline is the perfect gun for the job, since it moves in such an unpredictable manner that even the Sword of Sanctuary may have trouble figuring out where the attack will be coming from. And he also has the Blade, which will also be useful for Quote, as it has a wide area of attack and can't easily be predicted either, the Machine Gun, which will just launch a spray of fire at Morro, the Snake, which can slip through objects and catch Morro by surprise, the Super Missile, which will really hurt Morro if it hits, the Nemesis, which can play Morro's own game right back at him by shooting lightning at him, the Fireball, which could potentially bypass the Sword of Sanctuary the same way the rock example was used in Morro's profile, and the Spur Gun, which can deal a lot of damage to Morro if he gets caught in the charged laser blast.

Plus, Lloyd may end up fighting against Morro at some point during the fight, giving Quote an ample opportunity to attack. And unlike Morro, Quote can restore all of his health via the Life Pot, though only once, but giving himself that boost of vitality can mean the differnce between victory and defeat. Plus, if Quote can defeat Morro, then he'll appear in the Preeminant with no hope of escape, meaning that Quote will win via BFR.

Overall, both characters have similar stats and great advantages against each other. While Quote has a variety of useful weapons that can deal heavy damage to Morro, Morro has less variety of weapons, but more haxes. However, between the two of them, I can actually see Quote edging out slightly over Morro, mainly due to his Bubbline and Life Pot. Plus, I forgot to mention that because he's a robot, Quote does have a bit more stamina than Morro, so in an endurance competition, Quote will edge out in this. Therefore, I give this match to Quote with high difficulty, but it really is a well-balanced match and could lean eiter way depending on what exactly happens during the fight.

Winner: Quote

Thank you , I will count your vote!

Edit: Didn't notice that Morro's profile was deleted. I wonder why.

Ah, well. It probably got removed because of the poor condition it was in.

I re-made the profile, and now the conditions are far better.

Also, now that I think about it, Morro might have the AP advantage because of how casual his feat was (by basically standing there/walking), and might be able to refelct some of Quote's projectile with his Wind.

Anything to say about this?

There is also the fact Llyold really only fights back when nkthing is happening, and it's unlikely he'd do something to get himself killed

looks at Morro

low 7-B

I have several questions.

DMUA said:
looks at Morro
low 7-B

I have several questions.
I took that from Morro's old profile, before it got changed. Take anything I said like that with a grain of salt.

He was when I evaluated this fight. It's null and void now, though.

Edit: Oh, wait a minute. I just realized what I was doing wrong. My bad.

Yeah, like I said, I realized my mistake. Consider it a typo, and a blindness to not see a typo for what it was.

Yeah, I edited my main post to not be confusing like that for anybody else.

I personally vote for Morro. He has a good amount of experience, being a prodigy at a young age and being considered skilled enough to be a GN canidate. Furthermore, his powers over wind not only give him the terrain advantage, but also allow him to reflect the projectile based attacks. The Sword of Sanctuary can likely still predict his attacks. It's not some sort of probability detector, but rather a constant vision of the future which allows him to see into the future. Unless Quote has some sort of backup strategy, he can't really bypass that. Morro can also summon his elemental dragon to increase his mobility as well. Couple that with Morro's ap, and the fact that the allied armor can summon back ghosts in the Preeminent that he can summon, as well has possibly sumoning ghosts that can turn people into ghosts and passively convert electronics, I'd give this to him

Back