• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Zatanna revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired

Short and simple revision; get rid of the second key and merge it with the main one.

Change it to; "Unknown, at least Low 2C at her peak, possibly higher".

The second key redundant and unnecessary. Unless a power up was involved, which I don't recall.

Short and simple revision; get rid of the second key and merge it with the main one.

Change it to; "Unknown, at least Low 2C at her peak, possibly higher".

The second key redundant and unnecessary. Unless a power up was involved, which I don't recall.
I agree

Yeah, I cannot recall an amp, but then again, been good few years since I read it. Hope I am not wrong

They don’t exist

Revision seems fine. If that statement of her being the strongest JL member actually had a scan, I’d say that she should keep the 4-B in some way, but unfortunately it doesn’t.

But this way, it just looks messy. The profile now make it seems as if she has a power up or the story isn't canon or some stuff.

We can keep the 4B stuff if you want (which I find a bit odd since it's missing scans and all), but also merge the tier 2. It looks much better this way and it's far more accurate than the current rating.

Is the mage like, actually physically Tier 2 or is it magical shenanigans that's more context based.

This is the same character who struggled immensely with canceling out friction from the moon clipping Earth's atmosphere and was utterly unable to change the course of the shadow moon. Both of which wouldn't make sense if she was infinitely powerful.

Is the mage like, actually physically Tier 2 or is it magical shenanigans that's more context based.

This is the same character who struggled immensely with canceling out friction from the moon clipping Earth's atmosphere and was utterly unable to change the course of the shadow moon. Both of which wouldn't make sense if she was infinitely powerful.
With magic. She is a glass canon

Ok upon reading the Seven Soldiers Event I'm mostly confidant its just a amp.
Nothing in this story arc gives Zatanna a Tier 2 magic feat on her own. Also I don't even think the Seven Soldiers thing is even a Low 2-C AP feat. She just like, calls for them and does some hax stuff to set it as a stable time loop event.

So if anything the key needs to be nuked and the her first key needs actual evidence for its rating.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explaination, I admit I didn't even remember the genie. So I guess we need to mention that on her profile or as you said nuke it.

Another upgrade treat turned into downgrade. pain

Well since no one posted anything I'll actually read the claims for her rating
Street level physically. Unknown, possibly Solar System level at her peak with magic (Has been stated to be the strongest member of the Justice League. Has defeated Lobo, Despero and Mary Marvel)
Lobo - This fight comes Reign in Hell #5 & #6
  • Zatanna does nothing physical that scales to Lobo
  • All of her damage is magic based hax that ignores physicals. Like reversing physical damage or flaying him alive
  • The sole ability that could possibly scale is her block spell, but that was when Lobo was leaping and just stopping his momentum can be achieved without hard scaling.
Despero - The only fight is this one from JLA #119
  • As you can obviously tell this literally cannot scale to AP. Its just magic bs
Mary Marvel - Countdown #37-35
  • Zatanna gets physically curbstomped and wins by a fluke mirror lightning reflect that depowers Mary
  • The only thing in this fight that physically scales to Mary is Zatanna's shield.... that's easily broken by her
All in all I say we just delete the profile until work is or just make her haxed out 9-C until someone can find an actual feat to scale her off of.

I am never making another upgrade thread smh

I think deleting the profile is a bit excessive since the file is pretty well done overall. But we can leave her at 9-C, unknown with magic.

9-C, higher with magic is fine. You're probably never going to find a good AP frat since she's going to be a pure hax based character like Professor X.

Well I found this feat: 1 2

According to this website the Sun produces 1.23 x 10 ^ 35 Joules of energy in one year. Though it looks a bit... weird so using another one gets us
  • (9.192×10^10 Megatons) * 60 * 60 * 24 * 365.25 * 10 = 2.9007746e+19 Megatons or 1.21368409263999998e+35 Joules
So.. weirdly enough yeah its correct. So maybe just make her like, "5-A with magic" or something like that?

I would word it as “up to 5-A with magic” as opposed to “at her peak,” but other than that, it looks good.

Also her tier with magic shields should probably be worded as “up to Solar System level” instead of what it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back