• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Spirit Manipulation (Touhou Project) Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the page itself:
Resistance Negation: Spirit Manipulation is shown to always function on characters who have some degree of resistance to Soul Manipulation, regardless of the extent of their resistance (eg; Reimu Hakurei and Mononobe no Futo).

This isn't Resistance Negation in the slightest, just Spirit Manipulation having more potent Soul Manipulation. It would be Resistance Negation if it was outright stated that Spirit Manipulation can reduce or ignore the resistance a character has, which as far as I remember doesn't.

Agree - @ActuallySpaceMan42, @LephyrTheRevanchist, @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, @Marshadow29, @ImmortalDread
Disagree -
Neutral -

Last edited:
I agree. The statement that Spirit Manipulation always functions on characters who have some degree of resistance to Soul Manipulation does not necessarily mean that it has Resistance Negation. It is possible that Spirit Manipulation is simply more powerful than Soul Manipulation, and can therefore bypass even strong resistances.

If it was approved to be applied to the profile, that must mean there was a scan of some sort, you would have to look at the original crt and search, though.
Brotha I was literally in the CRT that was trying to make this page a thing.
You son of a bitch, I was almost scared for a second.
It's too late... I am part of the Saikou hivemind and I'm making the second downgrade thread with Dread's assistance... it's so joever for you...

Considering that a staff member and the person who invented the page agree with the OP, I'm guessing it'll be fine for me to remove the ability once 48 hours have passed?

I was literally the OP of the thread, it just means it's more layered than any other hax in the verse because nobody was shown to resist it. That isn't even accurate anymore either, since 19 will give plenty of characters direct and explicit resistances to it.

Considering that a staff member and the person who invented the page agree with the OP, I'm guessing it'll be fine for me to remove the ability once 48 hours have passed?
Anyway, you are allowed to remove the ability after 48 hours passed.

Honestly this is such a minor change, I wouldn't be opposed you applying it right now
Considering that a staff member and the person who invented the page agree with the OP, I'm guessing it'll be fine for me to remove the ability once 48 hours have passed

Oh,
wait
I need it to be unlocked first.
thumbs-up-7648171_1280.png

This can be closed since the wanked stuff are removed. Thank you for doing an honorable work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back