• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning some Captain Marvel abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Where does Captain Marvel's invulnurbility and energy absorbtion come from?

2.Why is she SOL with Photonic Blast?Is the name of the attack the sole reason for that?

3.And why does she have resistance to Quantum Manipulation?Someone seriously think the machine exploded and destroyed everything around it on Quantum Level?Just because the device allows to travel to Quantum World doesn't mean that it explodes on Quantum Level.

No sources I can find of said Invulnerability and energy absorption. If they are supported by some WoG statement, ignore them. Marvel literally instructs their crew to create hype for the new hero. Those abilities need to be nuked.

Is there a contradiction for her attacks not being photons?

Quantum resist should be nuked too.

Zark2099 said:
Is there a contradiction for her attacks not being photons?
The restraining device is even called the Photon Inhibitor, so multiple sources are responsible for it being called as such

Can't answer the rest, but for the first point, Marvel absorbed energy from the Infinity Gauntlet and slowly overpowered Thanos. The invulnerablility comes from Thanos headbutting her and doing absolutely no damage.

Well, energy absorption seems fine, but invulnerability is an exaggeration. She can still be injured. Thanos with the Gauntlet knocked her out for example.

How do you know that she absorbed the energy from IG?It doesn't look like that to me. Invulnurbility is exaggeration yes,that moment was PIS.

Only can comment once due to how busy I am.

1. Invulnerability is a no, just because she took an attack without effort doesn't mean she can't be harm. It's not like Thanos was multiple Tiers above her and she repeatedly tanks attacks far beyond her normal level. I also don't know about energy absorption since I don't remember her movie or her parts in Endgame to well so I apologize for that.

2. If it's just a name thing then I don't really think we should accept it as SoL so quickly, I think someone should check out her blasts and see if they actually follow out Lightspeed guidelines.

3. Don't know about the Quantum Level explosion thing but unless it's stated that the energy that was released destroyed everything on a Quantum Level I don't think we can assume that but that's just my thoughts on this.

Also, never mind about energy absorption then.

As a heads up, the user who downgraded the MCU characters to Low 6-B also added Invulnerability to Hulk and Thanos next to their Superhuman Physical Characteristics, this should be removed as well.

Energy absorption - There is no source for it and it was never implied for Captain Marvel.

Invulnurbility - Obviously no,never implied or shown.

Speed of Light with Photon Blast - No,doesn't meet the criteria for being SOL.

Resistance to Quantum Manipulation - Should be removed,there was no Quantum Explosion that did Quantum Damage.

All four should be removed from her profile.

I have unlocked the pages. Tell me here when all of the unwarranted abilities have been removed.

By the way,should I also edit the Lifting Strength?Since Nidavellir is now much smaller the Lifting Strength would be Class G only?

Edit: I edited Captain Marvel,Hulk and Thanos.Didn't edit the Lifting Strength though,it affects all Top tiers.

Please elaborate what you mean about the lifting strength.

https://youtu.be/O52LSzwLLXE?t=13

Here's the scene of the supposed energy absorption btw. She has no lights around her with the same colors as the IG or something like that, but she goes from being on the same level as Thanos and being able to be thrown by him to slowly overpower him and not feel an attack from him. Is there no additional statement about this?

I haven't seen an official statement but I have two explanations.

1.Thanos was very tired from fighting all of the Avengers at once,in addition to that the Gauntlet has a toll.And she didn't do much there,she used two hands to restrain one his one hand.The headbutt was clearly PIS and there is nothing in the world that will make me change my mind on that,its impossible,she didn't even flinch.

3.Girl power.

Perhaps somebody can recalculate the weight that was supported before we make any changes to the lifting strengths?

That's completely unreasonable and ignorant of what happens. Thanos could fight her mere seconds before she grabbed the thing, Thanos' not going to be suddenly very tired. The Guantlet being a toll adds nothing here. She also went to grab him to progressively completely overpower him in seconds, as if, you know, she was getting more power while having the IG.

@Eficiente

That's how I see it.She wasn't getting any power from IG.The Gauntlet beinga toll is reasonable.And Thanos was tired,he fought with many strong avengers and even got beaten by Wanda.But this is not a place to argue about that.

@Ant

Probably yes,someone should recalc the feat first.

You can close those profiles now and this thread too.

Have the associated caregories for the powers been removed?

Also, is somebody willing to get the lifting strength feat properly recalculated?

You should consult an MCU expert before removing the powers first.

@Sir Ovens

Are you willing to contact a few of them?

@Dzhind

Okay. Thanks.

Can you remind me what is left to do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back