• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question regarding Star Level rating of DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were numerous attempts to downgrade the verse.This is just a question that may or may not lead to downgrade.

Why isn't Star Level rating of DS not considered an outlier?Aside from Namless Kings 6-B Storm feat,there is not even City Level feat,no Conntient level feat,no Moon Level feat, no Planet Level feat,no Star Level feat,there are some tier 9 to 8 feats.

Many verses have multiple feats on a lot higher ratings but still no one gives them a higher tier because they are considered to be outliers.

So,what is it with Dark Souls?Is it special?Cause there is not even Star Level feat and the God tiers are 4-B.

No offence but someone is biased and wanked the hell out of DS because he liked it.

I believe the Lords of Cinder are suppose to be vastly superior to everyone else. Unless something goes against them being this powerful.

They have the feat (They literally maintain the existence of the sun iirc) and the hype tho I understand what you're saying. I haven't played any Dark Souls game in awhile so I can't recall if they got challenged by any lesser beings.

Even the weakest Lords of Cinder casually stomp the nameless kings on their own

Sure the feat is vastly higher then anything previously, but it makes sense because, like the feat, the lords are vastly stronger

The question hasn't been answered.

Why isn't it considered an outlier?There is no feat for God Tiers on that level,there is only one single 6-B feat for NK.

Even the weakest Lords of Cinder casually stomp the nameless kings on their ow

How do you know that?Cause I played DS3 for at least 1k hours and finished the campaigned at least 10 times and I don't remember such thing.

Anyone who says lords are vastly stronger have obviously no idea about consistency.

>Abysswatchers getting their power to become lords from Artorias who isn't even near the level of a LOC. This has been specifically said and there's absolutely no way you can interpret this in any other way that guarantes wanking the weaker element.

>Solaire keeping up with Gwyn even though his feats are garbage, and CU has went through a lot more. The idea of all three being eqauals is ludicrous

>Siegward keeping up with Yhorm. While is an unkindled, he's featless af

>Lothric tanking hits from near endgame ashen one

The powerscaling of the verse is wrong in this wiki.

Not every Lord is stronger than Non Lord.For example Gundir was chosen to link the flame but he was late for the ritual,it doesn't mean that Lords of Cinder are superior to him.

Kalamit is no Lord of Cinder but even Prime Gwyn is no match for him.

Linking the flame=/=getting a power up.

Souls are a show of a characters strength. In Dark Souls you need specifically powerful beings to link the flame. Otherwise they would have grabbed any random being to do it.

I know that,but this wiki considers Lords of Cinder being leagues above others when it is not true.

Well I guess it would be an outlier but I'd wait for the Dark Soul exparts.

Imo it's not of an outlier as much as it is extremely blown out of proportions and wanked.

Dark Souls has consistently City level feats, with that one storm feat which was already debunked by Monarch to not even come from NK.

Problem is that the entire feat the tiering is based upon is headcannon

The Lord's of cinder are vastly stronger than most others in the series

For Gundir he was chosen as a potential candidate to link the flame because there was no one else to

Kalameet was never stated to be above gwyn the quote is "Even the mighty Anor Londo dared not provoke his ire" that doesn't mean that prime gwyn stood no chance that means the city was afraid and who's to say that's because he would kill them all. It could just be that he would cause the city great harm

Considering Gwyn is superior the the nameless king and most Locs can someone scale to him yeah they are all stronger

Also linking the flame doesn't give you a power up but to survive the process and fuel the sun you have to be strong enough if not you burn ip for nothing

^Almost everything you wrote there is wrong.

It is off topic by the way,lets stick to the main question.

Not taking a side, but you can be "infinitely stronger" and stomp other characters and still be in the same tier.

Konaguna said:
Dark Souls has consistently City level feats, with that one storm feat which was already debunked by Monarch to not even come from NK.
1. There's only 1 tier 7 feat

2. The thread had concluded with an agreement of putting the 6-B as "Possibly" IIRC

don't know why it wasn't implemented

I wouldn't see the problem with the feat being legit if it had enough evidence to support, tho it dont

Problem is like Dzhin said, very inconsistent with the verse overall

actually the fire linking is the most consistent feat in the verse

there's like over 15 character that were able to link the fire throught the serie, meanwhile other that than there's only 2 tier 7 feat and 1 possible tier 6 feat

CU, Gwyn and the five ones in the throne.

Those are the only ones that have canonically linked the fire, that's like 7 of them and a bunch of them have counter feats which make it seem even less impressive

Not get it matters, as linking the fire itself is to vague to be taken as a DC feat even when most feats don't go above city level

The whole "Linking the first flame is star level" was created in this wiki and they instantly translated it to the AP.

Dzhindzholia said:
^Almost everything you wrote there is wrong.
It is off topic by the way,lets stick to the main question.
Can you explain how it was wrong then

Also it's very on topic because your point is that it's inconsistent because the locs have never been shown to be vastly superior to everyone else and those are the examples you used

It's not like I made an entire thread that directly addressed why weaker characters affecting LOCs make s their tiering null.

Furthermore, liek I've been repeating myself for the past year, there are no scans of actually proving what everyone who supports the rating suggest.

Inb4 someone claims I don't know what I'm talking about because: "i hAvEnT pLaYeD tHe gAmEs" I've played all of them... liek several times, rinsed and repeated them with different characters

There's also Aldia stating Age of Fire is an illusion. Aldia actually a reliable source of info due to his nature of leaving the cycle himself

What weaker characters have affect locs

Inb4 AsHeN oNe FoUgHt ThE aBySs WaTcHeRs EaRlY oN

The abyss watchers are only that powerful as the legion

The whole legion was needed to link the flame so a single abyss watcher is only a fraction of the required strength to do so

@Kona

CU, Gwyn, The five of the throne, the Bearer of the curse, The Ashen One, Solaire (WOG says he can) and the countless unnamed ones that linked the fire in the time periords in-between games.

They don't really have a bunch of counter feats since they pretty much all fought again featless characters

The linking of the fire keeps the fist flame alive, which keeps the sun alive.

and i would trust an omniscient narrator that knew even of the furtive pigmine more than Aldia regarding the age of fire

A single abysswatcher is dwarf star level which is laughable wank

That literally changes nothing, the power still came from Artorias who's a fodder, it was just divided into lots of pieces. Nothing changes the fact Artorias's Power was a must for them to link the fire.

The power of the Abyss watchers is their undead nature and the fact that they fused their souls togheter, the Blood of the Wolf was only used for the fusing process, not to boost their power

@Overlord

WOG is meaningless. Feats>>>>Statements and Solaire doesn't qualify for a lord

That's not how it works, the characters with no feats can't just be scaled based of one thing, especially when it's the most inconsistent one.

Again, scans for this?

Then Narrator doesn't really go into specific, it just presents the terms and such.

Overlord and Paul

I literally made a thread where I posted a quote directly stating Artorias's power was needed to link the fire, it was a literal confirmation from an item description. You a liar Paul.

Blood of artorias works the same way as Gael using blood of the pygmies to boost his powah. Miss me with that two sided argument

Also I'll reply later cuz got shit to do

For the fire fueling the sun you can look at various things within the games which state

Before the Lord souls were found within the flame everything was darkness

Before the age of the gods there was again only darkness and gray stone arch trees and the world was rules by the dragons

Once the age of the gods started the first records of the sun within the game appear

Once the age of the gods began to fade gwyn burns himself

Kaathe and Frampt along with many others state that once the age of fire ends the world will return to darkness

@Kona

Except there' basically no feat

There only 3 feats, one was made by Izalith burning down a bunch of stone trees, one is Nameless Kking possibly summoning a storm and the third is Ceaseless Chaos being alive.

The proof of that is that before the first flame heat and light didn't exist period, it's literally sted in the opening of the game.

and the narrator tells us that the age of fire as a real thing, not some kind of illusion.

I felt the illusion line alluded to the fact it was never a permanent thing like Gwyn said abc oblivion was just around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back