• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question on Superman's tier

I haven't read the current Justice League yet (reading Grant Morrison's JLA first), but I know the latest arc is called The Sixth Dimension and of Superman's feat, but my question is, as someone who hasn't read it yet, why doesn't this count as 6-D? (Don't really care about spoilers)

I believe thats because its unknown whether or not the breaking of the Sixth Dimension was an after-effect of the destruction of the World Forger's Anvil, or just Superman's punch.

Other than the colorist's statement, there is no evidense suggesting anything other than the new multiverse was destroyed.

I think because there are certain details to consider. The World Forger himself is Sixth-Dimensional at least, since he and the other Monitors simply reconstruct in the Sixth Dimension if killed, and are the only three beings able to access the Sixth Dimension under normal circumstnaces.

On the other hand, the Multiverse that was shattered was created by the World Forger to replace the current Multiverse. The Multiverse itself wouldn't be "sixth-dimensional"; just its maker and the realm it was made in.

Furthermore, there's the issue of terminology and how dimensions are defined in DC Comics. We know Mxyzptlk is a Fifth Dimensional Imp, but the Multiverse is comprised of dimensional branes and bulks, as shown on the DC Multiverse Map, so the Cosmology is, in part, based on the Brane Cosmology model of String Theory. Bleedspace, the Sphere of the Gods and Monitor Spheres are all Bulks containing Brane realities (Bleedspace is even called an all-encompassing Bulk).

We also know that the New Gods and their worlds reside in higher-dimensional space as well, beyond regular space and time. See here at 21:00 : -------------------------------------------->
The TRUTH Behind DC's Most Infamous Villain
The TRUTH Behind DC's Most Infamous Villai

The question is where the Sixth Dimension actually lays in the dimensional hierarchy of the DC Cosmology.

We also take into consideration that the True Forms/Godheads of Darkseid and Highfather do not exist on Apokolips or New Genesis, just their Emanations with Darkseid's Godhead fracturing during Final Crisis.

Well, I think that we can only scale from the more explicit feat itself unless we are provided with more information. Sorry.

Back