• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question on 1-A Realms

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
I'm planning on writing a story, and I'm using Christian beings in it.

And I want the Angels, Dominions, Thrones, etc to be ridiculously powerful in this story with God being Omnipotent.

So I want to make Heaven a 1-A space.

So how would one best define an outerversal realm?

Would I say something like Heaven is a "space" that is transcendent of the concept of dimensional space or something like that?

Edit: My story has Christian themes in it, but I'm not making it extremely similar to the Bible or anything like that. I'm more using the Christian beliefs a catalyst for creating my own world.

My story will be about Lucifer, and in this story, Lucifer is not cast out of Heaven and thrown into Hell, but he's relinquished of all his powers and meant to live his life in human form without any memories or knowledge of who he is on my own version of Earth, and this Earth will have an extreme fantasy setting, and because of his immense beauty and remnants of divinity, he's extremely coveted.

Unrealted question: How do you cross out text you've written here? I see people do it, and I'd like to do it, but I'm lost as to how.

Tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, in this case I'd suggest you don't mention dimensions. Would sound too pretensious and suggish.

My suggestion is to take Catholic/Indo-European cues of a conception of heaven, where Heaven is infinitely layered with more virtuous beings going on an infinitely more complex plane of existence, and the top of the infinite hierarch is where the Highest Saints go, and the Archangels themselves exist in the truest heaven which transcends this infinite hierarchy of heaven. The trinity is high 1-A, and the complete "God" is tier 0.

FanofRPGs said:
Hmm, in this case I'd suggest you don't mention dimensions. Would sound too pretensious and suggish.
My suggestion is to take Catholic/Indo-European cues of a conception of heaven, where Heaven is infinitely layered with more virtuous beings going on an infinitely more complex plane of existence, and the top of the infinite hierarch is where the Highest Saints go, and the Archangels themselves exist in the truest heaven which transcends this infinite hierarchy of heaven. The trinity is high 1-A, and the complete "God" is tier 0.
This sounds awesome, and definetly fits with my whole idea of an Infinite Angelic Hierarchy.

Thank you.

Question: Can a tier 0 character have someone '''exactly''' as strong as them with the sole difference being that the former is the God of existence while the other latter just isn't?

@Light Nope

@Varren Also, you could ask the Everlasting on the topic. He has a similar idea in Baelum in Caelum

Monarch Laciel said:
@Light Nope

@Varren Also, you could ask the Everlasting on the topic. He has a similar idea in Baelum in Caelum
What if the tier zero was the source of the latter's power. Like even though there is someone as strong as the T-0 it wouldn't matter, as the latter gets their power from God himself. Or if the latter could temporarily tap into the tier zero's complete power (with permission)

Monarch Laciel said:
Then the former would be High 1-A, not Tier 0
Ah, well see I was curious. I know High 1-A's are basically second to Tier 0s, but I was curious if you could have tier 0 power while still being High 1-A, depending on circumstance.

The short answer is: I was unsure about High 1-A power.

That lead to a good question: how one could make a setting where dimensions are not mentioned but you have characters that transcend them? I'm also writhing some cosmological hierarchies and this post made the same question I've had

Lightbuster30
tier 0's are the "supreme beings" of their own reality. People loosely refers to it as a "level" but it's not since consensus like power, comparison, are irrelevant to tier 0. It's merely a subjective derivation from the will of a supreme being.

Basically "tier 0 power" does inherently have no meaning, but i think akuto sai was demonstrated this particular way.

No, a Tier 0 isn't just the supreme being. There are many supreme beings that are FAR lower than 0. Tier 0 means you have no limitations whatsoever and are boundless beyond anything.

Well that's just some subjective correlation of this wiki or maybe yourself, which i explicitly said was to loosely given.

The Supreme is Supreme. A supreme being is independently of all said hierarchies, dimensions., etc.. and I have never used that word in some other description and never propose to do so.

That just isn't correct. Also you are clearly using "Tier 0" as in the terms of our Wiki. Zen'ō is the supreme being of the Dragonball Verse, but he isn't above all hierachies or anything of the sort. God (Digimon) is obvious the supreme being of the Digimon verse, but he isn't omnipotent, has to legitimately fight with Zeed, and isn't above dimensions.

Edit: That said this isn't the topic OP has proposed and we should get back to that.

Let me declare myself yet again, I never conceded to the term that Zen'o is the supreme being of "dragon ball". Not ever. Because he is clearly not. And secondly, he's loosely called the "king of all".

And yeah, it's clearly off-topic.

You could simply state the realm and its inhabitants to be so conceptually abstract that they cannot be measured by systems which would limit them or hinder their freedom in any way; there's really no need to mention spatio-temporal dimensions or physics at all, at least IMO, unless that's something you really want to do.

Mostly this is because you can infinitely transcend an infinitely layered system or hierarchy and still be High 1-B.

@Aeyu

Thank you for your input, I'll take it to heart.

And the reasons I was thinking of mentioning Spatial-Temporal Dimensions is that I plan for Lucifer, on his journey in his "human form", to eventually transcend it and to ascend into higher dimensions of the Multiverse to encounter new and greater threats then ever before. While Lucifer slowly but surely becomes what he once was, and what he must be again; a near perfect reflection of God itself.

And. . . I don't want to completely ignore physics in my story because, for a large part, it's focused on a more grounded understandable reality that you and me could live in and comprehend, as Heaven will not be the main area for my story.

And it always short of bothers me when authors **** with physics, but we have to go along with it because "it's fiction".

But you're right (and every other suggestion as well), I shouldn't focus to much on making it scientific, but enjoyable. This is a book that I do want others to enjoy, and for that I could (and probably should) be more abstract in my world building of the different realms occupying my story.

Sorry for the large paragraph, but once again thanks for your input.

Warren Valion said:
@Aeyu

Thank you for your input, I'll take it to heart.

And the reasons I was thinking of mentioning Spatial-Temporal Dimensions is that I plan for Lucifer, on his journey in his "human form", to eventually transcend it and to ascend into higher dimensions of the Multiverse to encounter new and greater threats then ever before. While Lucifer slowly but surely becomes what he once was, and what he must be again; a near perfect reflection of God itself.

And. . . I don't want to completely ignore physics in my story because, for a large part, it's focused on a more grounded understandable reality that you and me could live in and comprehend, as Heaven will not be the main area for my story.

And it always short of bothers me when authors **** with physics, but we have to go along with it because "it's fiction".

But you're right (and every other suggestion as well), I shouldn't focus to much on making it scientific, but enjoyable. This is a book that I do want others to enjoy, and for that I could (and probably should) be more abstract in my world building of the different realms occupying my story.

Sorry for the large paragraph, but once again thanks for your input.
Dang... That's pretty deep. I hope some day I could read that story of yours. Until today, the best interpretation of Lucifer (in my opinion) is the one from Mike Carey. But your story is something that I would like to read. Good luck with it!

@ Warren

No problem, but try to be as fully conscient to the laws of nature when realizing this world (title for the book?).

BleedingPeach said:
Dang... That's pretty deep. I hope some day I could read that story of yours. Until today, the best interpretation of Lucifer (in my opinion) is the one from Mike Carey. But your story is something that I would like to read. Good luck with it!
Mike Carey's Lucifer is one of the inspirations of what inspired me to start thinking of writing in general, but it definitely inspired me to write about the character. Another huge inspiration of mine comes from Sherrilyn Kenyon's novel Achero. I'd suggest reading it if you can stomach the dark content, and if you haven't already (obviously).

Link to her website if your interested: http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/book/acheron/

And after reading through Lucifer, I decided I wanted my own take on the character, to make him more grounded and human, and I decided the best way to do that is to make him be "human".

I wanted to make him real, make him live a life of anguish and horror, and for him to overcome the darkness that persists in all of us simple, yet also seemingly complex humans.

And I can't tell you how incredibly happy you have made me with your kind words, thank you.

I should warn you though, this story will take a longggg time to finish, as I have only recently decided to go through with creating it, and it comes to me at a snails pace. Plus I also have to figure out how to make everything work together, and stay consistent with my cosmology without plot holes, and all the while also being entertaining at the same time.

Oh. . . and another warning is that this story will have incredibly very dark themes as foreshadowed earlier in this (large) comment.

ProspectX said:
@ Warren
No problem, but try to be as fully conscient to the laws of nature when realizing this world (title for the book?).
I plan to.

The title is a work in progress depending on how the story goes.

Though I was planning on it being something like: The Coveted One (or Angel) or The Fall from Grace or something like that.

Something personifying the importance of either the main character or a main plot-point.

Assaltwaffle said:
What was said about Plato that was deemed so offensive?
The link you gave me was also one of Plato's ideas, so I stated that Plato was either a complete genius or a talkative druggie.

Though Prospect seemed deeply offended by my joke, so I thought best to remove it.

Who would feel insulted over a joke towards an ancient philosopher? Lol

But honestly Plato had some pretty groundbreaking ideas for his time. I much prefer his work to the pre-Socratics and Aristotle. As for whether he was a genius or not, he sure thought he was.

Assaltwaffle said:
Who would feel insulted over a joke towards an ancient philosopher? Lol
But honestly Plato had some pretty groundbreaking ideas for his time. I much prefer his work to the pre-Socratics and Aristotle. As for whether he was a genius or not, he sure thought he was.
That's my thought process too.

I'm pretty inclined to agree with him. He's a way deeper thinker then I'll ever be.

In the Kabbalistic philosophy that Judaism has, there are layers of Heaven, and the Throne of God is an Outerversal realm, I'm pretty sure. This is what the Throne from Dies Irae was based off of.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
"I want to make Heaven a 1-A place."
>quickly checks his own work

>1-A Heaven and Hell

Well...
I specifically said Lucifer was not (I even italicized it) thrown into Hell, but instead stripped of his powers, and meant to live a life as a human without any knowledge of who is on my version of Earth.

And I never said that Hell even a thing in my story, nor that it was a 1-A place.

"My story will be about Lucifer, and in this story, Lucifer is not cast out of Heaven and thrown into Hell, but he's relinquished of all his powers and meant to live his life in human form without any memories or knowledge of who he is on my own version of Earth, and this Earth will have an extreme fantasy setting, and because of his immense beauty and remnants of divinity, he's extremely coveted."

Pretty sure normal Christianity says the Devil isn't in hell either, he's wandering the world trying to corrupt others and will be thrown in hell at judgement day.

He just wants some buddies down there. That's all

Monarch Laciel said:
Pretty sure normal Christianity says the Devil isn't in hell either, he's wandering the world trying to corrupt others and will be thrown in hell at judgement day.
He just wants some buddies down there. That's all
I'm not religious, so I wouldn't know.

Though I always understood it as that the Devil lived in Hell, and he used his powers to access the Human World non-corporeally to corrupt Humans and spread Chaos.

And I always thought that Lucifer was cast from Heaven, and fell to Hell.

Though it doesn't really matter how it is in the Bible, as I said in my edit, I'm not intrested in following everything in it to the letter, but using it's characters and themes to build my own world.

Back