• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question for Sora

Sorry if this is too wordy; I'm naturally verbose. Hopefully this is simple and clean enough.

Please tell me if this helps clear things up.

Okay, so to understand what happened in KH2, you should understand what happened in KH1. The series isn't published in chronological order; Some games show events that take place before, during or after events of other games.

KH1 came out, then the GBA Chain of Memories, then KH2. Here, release & chonology match up; KH1's events happen before CoM's events, & CoM's happen largely before KH2. But 358/2 Days came out later & some of its events happen across those 3 games. Mostly in between. (And Birth By Sleep's events happen before KH1.)

Release=/=Chronological

So, let's explain what happened, mostly in order.

• The Heartless come to destroy Destiny Islands. Riku, set to inherit the Kingdom Key falls to Darkness. The Kingdom Key, being a Keyblade of Light rejects Riku because of his new Darkness.
  • Around this time, practically everyone on DI is gone because Darkness is destroying the world. Kairi, being a Princess of Heart, has a Heart of Pure Light. As Sora sees her in the "Secret Place" cave, her Heart takes shelter in Sora's Heart, while her body is presumably sent to another world.
  • As the point above indicates, Kairi's Heart is inside Sora's for most of KH1; This is why he sees her, her memories, etc. during KH1. It's also why a picture of Hollow Bastion (Kairi's home) on a slide in Deep Jungle feels familiar to him, but he's not sure why; Sora DOESN'T KNOW about this for most of the game.
  • This is also why Kairi is kind of comatose for most of the game; Her body's still there, but without her Heart, which is inside Sora.
  • So, remember Ansem possessed Riku? Ansem wants the Hearts of the 7 Princesses of Heart so he can use The Final Keyhole to lead him to The Door to Darkness. After their fight, Ansem reveals this to a then unaware Sora, telling him to give her back her Heart. Hence, "Kairi's inside me?"
  • Ansem-Riku has the Keyblade of People's Hearts, and because Kairi is the 7th Princess of Heart he needs, he wants access to her Heart, which was in Sora. This Keyblade is what Sora stabs himself with, quite deliberately, so as to free Kairi's heart from his body. It also frees Sora's.
  • With no Heart, he becomes a Heartless. Later, Kairi uses her PoH to restore/remake Sora's body, which his Heart goes to. The problem is, when someone loses their Heart & their Body, a Heartless AND a Nobody are created.
  • Not only that, it was Sora's Body that lost both Sora AND Kairi's Heart. Kairi produced no Heartless because she's a Princess of Heart; Pure Light Heart, no Darkness to make a Heartless. However, a Nobody is still produced for her: Namine. Because of this process & Kairi's PoH status, Namine is "special".
  • This separation of Sora's Heart & Body is also why Roxas, Sora's Nobody is created. He is half of Sora's power, at least at that time. He awakens in Twilight Town, & is around for almost a year, & is largely unknown for Sora & friends for quite a while.
  • Xion is made using Vexen's Replica making powers (Statements. Also, she is a Replica, he uses Ice, & she resembles Ice when she's disappearing at the end of 358/2 Days.) as well as Namine's powers; Namine can manipulate memories of Sora & those close to him, & Xion is made at least in part, of Sora's important memories of Kairi.
  • Between the end of Chain of Memories & the end of KH2's prologue, Sora's memories are being reconstructed by Namine; This needs to be done so Sora can wake up & it takes a year. Roxas, being Sora's Nobody, experiences Sora's memories as they return, shown in KH2's prologue & 358/2 Days's story.
  • Sora's memories connect him to those who know him. So as they're reconstructed, people start remembering him. Kairi in KH2's prologue, guessing at Sora's name as she remembers it, trying to connect with his Heart & reaching Roxas (Who practically had his own by then.), hence talking as he falls off the tower. It's also why Leon in KH2 tells Sora everybody started remembering him all at once.
  • For Sora to finish waking up, he needs all his memories back, some of which are part of Xion (Made in part with his important memories of Kairi) and Roxas (Who is half his power, & had Key memories of Sora, & is kinda Sora's body.) & hence, they needed to merge with Sora for him to wake up.
  • Roxas is eventually convinced to merge; His memories of 358/2 Days were overwritten & he was put into Virtual Twilight Town; He managed to exit from VTT into the real Twilight Town, but doesn't remember his time with Org. XIII nor why they're after him, but he knows there's nowhere left to go.
  • After a year, Sora (And Donald & Goofy) wake up. (Their pods were in Twilight Town because Org. XIII was after him, as a Keyblade Wielder, & Namine & Ansem the Wise/DiZ needed to keep him somewhere safe.)
END OF PROLOGUE!

TL;DR - Destiny Islands being destroyed & Riku in Darkness, Kairi's PoH Heart took shelter in Sora. This screwed with his mind in KH1, he didn't know about it until Ansem-Riku told him, so he stabbed self with Ansem-Riku's Keyblade of People's Hearts. Separation of Kairi & Sora's Hearts from Sora's body, unknown to most, created Namine & Roxas. Namine's memory powers were used to make Sora & friends forget in Castle Oblivion, & with Vexen's Replica-making powers, to make Xion. Namine feels bad, & at end of CoM, Sora agrees to go to sleep so she can fix his memories. Xion & Roxas end up getting memories Sora needs to wake up. It takes a year to fix his memories, in part because Xion & Roxas have to merge with Sora. Riku helps as he can with this part. During all this, Org 13 want Roxas/Sora to have a Keyblade Wielder to collect Hearts. Roxas is put in Virtual Twilight Town & brainwashed by DiZ & Namine, to hide him from Org 13. He merges at the end of the last week of his year, as Sora's memories are coming to him & Org 13 (Axel, his friend he doesn't remember anymore especially.) are in pursuit, Roxas having nowhere else to go.

And that's why KH2's prologue is how it is.

The pen or the sword said:
....I enjoy playing kingdom hearts, I will never even attempt to understand the overarching plot. I lost track around the second xehanort
Evil old man wants to destroy/recreate the universe (Or rebalance darkness and light), to do, seeks to obtain a superweapon (The X-Blade), which must be forged by a clash of Hearts: 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights.

He decides the 7 Lights can be Princesses of Heart or the Guardians of Light (Keyblade Wielders.) and 13 versions of himself.

The 13 versions of the evil old man are pretty much gathered through a combination of putting pieces of basically his soul into other people to brainwash them, and time travel.

Much more simple.

But yeah, KH is fun.

I have Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix. It took me almost a month to make the Ultima Weapon, and after I was done, I had killed so many enemies that I was nearly level 100 and defeated Sephiroth in three tries.

I've still got KH1 & KH2 for PS1. Re:CoM for PS2. Have DDD for 3DS, Re:Coded for DS, The Story So Far & 2.8 for PS4, I THINK I might have 358/2 Days.

Despite that, I only played KH1 & 2 years ago, & DDD just recently. I know most of my KH lore from KH: Timeline & such.

I remeber when I was younger spending hours on that beach grinding for no good reason lol. I left the island at level twelve to fifteen if memory serves me right.

Get to level 100 on Destiny Island by fighting Tidus, Selphie and Wakka non-stop for nine days.

That's actually how long it takes to do that, btw, nine days.

It helps if you choose the Dream Shield, so you learn Tech Boost at level 12, and instead of 4 exp, you start getting 6 exp... Yeah, it still takes forever.

Before the internet really took off I spent forever agonizing over which object to choose! Because I just couldn't figure out what the hell they did. They never explained it so I wasted way to much time on trying to figure out the effects...

Back