• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Zelda and the Triforce

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
So, the Triforce is currently High 4-C for fully transforming the Sacred Realm into the Dark World, a dimension containing a sun in the sky. That's solid enough.

My question here is; on recent and old threads about the verse's rating, we continuously rejected making Ganon and the Triforce 3-A for this exact same feat because the wording used was ambiguous and had multiple meanings in-universe, ranging from a planet to a full universe, and we chose the former to lowball.

If that's the case, why do we do this weird middle-ground thing and rate them Tier 4, if we're only considering the low-end of Light World/Dark World meaning "planet"? This sounds very contradictory.

Because World has no consistent meaning, unless it was well intended to be a trick question and you admitted in the OP that Sacred Realm's High 4-C size as a baseline is legit. I don't really see the problem other than what's already given.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Because World has no consistent meaning
...Yes, that's literally what I said

"World" has no consistent meaning, and we lowball it at Planet. Yet we rate the Triforce as High 4-C for the exact same feat we reject as 3-A because it can also be interpreted as 5-B.

This is a full, contradictory circle.

We go by what we know, World or Dimension can also mean pocket reality. And that's what we know is that there's a sun in it and it's a Realm.

We're lowballing it at Planet, rejecting it to be a universe, yet are we simultaneously allowing it to be High 4-C for no reason.

If whenever a 3-A thread pops up, we lowball the statements to 5-B, we can't pretend that those same statements indicate High 4-C

Basically, he's wondering why we don't put them at 5-B instead of High 4-C if the stuff we use to discredit 3-A is saying they could be 5-B.

No one said Hyrule is High 4-C sized, only the Sacred Realm; aka a "Dimension" which we consider Pocket Reality. The is a reason is because it has a sun in it. Also, 4-B was agreed to be downgraded to High 4-C and there was already another thread addressing that.

The reason for rejecting 3-A has nothing to do with it meaning only 5-B or High 4-C, just that the details weren't concrete enough to mean universe according to Azathoth or Matt.

While the Triforce would still be High 4-C from scaling above Majora, i still have to agree with Kep here.

There's really no reason to say the feat is High 4-C as a "middle ground" between 5-B and 3-A, for what i hope are obvious reasons.

First of all, that is wrong. The whole feat that is constantly brought up in upgrades is the feat for Ganon distorting the Sacred Realm into the Dark World. The exact feat I'm talking about in this thread.

And second, apparently I need to explain this issue word-for-word:

Statements are shit about Light World and Dark World/Sacred Realm being mirrors and all.

3-A thread pops up, we say the Sacred Realm's statements can be lowballed at planetary because of inconsistency with the meaning of Light World and crap. Hence we say Ganon-Triforce's feat can be lowballed at "warped a planet".

But then, at the exact same time, we're pretending this doesn't simultaneously go against the feat being High 4-C when it obviously does, because no single statement specifies he warped that sun in the sky.

That's not the exact word for word statement. There's no proof one way or the other that World means Universe, nor is there any proof that it only means planet as a way to hammer in the ground that they planet sized. Besides, we only said warping the Sacred Realm is High 4-C, it has nothing to do with Light World or Hyrule's size. Sacred Realm is a different "Dimension" or "World" from Hyrule.

And going by what's been demonstrated, which is High 4-C, warping the sacred Realm and scaling from other pocket reality feats that have a sun, it's High 4-C. That being said, I'm super iffy about Twilight Realm's High 4-C high end coming to those comparable to Zant.

That's not what he's talking about.

Let's make this very, very clear.

3-A Zelda thread comes up. People use this feat. Someone counter argues that this feat can be 5-B. We treat it as a inconsistency and low ball it. However, the feat is low-balled to High 4-C, not 5-B. We want to know why the feat is low balled to High 4-C and not 5-B, since that's the counter argument for when someone suggests it as 3-A.

This is not to downgrade Zelda. It has 3 other High 4-C feats. This is just about this feat.

It has something to do with the fact that he does legit warp the entire Sacred Realm, the problem is we don't know how big the Sacred Realm and only no that it has a sun. And it's for that reason it's lowballed at High 4-C.

No statements single out him warping the sun of the realm, DDM. Whenever a 3-A thread rolls out we reject it because the statements can be interpreted as Planetary (Shao Kahn's feat comes to comparison) in scale, regardless of the scale of the realm. We can't have our cake and eat it too.

@DDM

So, if i understand you correctly.

People saying the feat could also be 5-B where just a little off the mark, and instead the feat at it's minimum low-ball High 4-C? Is that correct?

Based on the profile, it does say the Triforce sustains the entire realm.

The profile that we have established to be circular, yes.

The exact statements that we interpret as High 4-C in the profile are rejected by the main staff members in Upgrades as not being 3-A because "they can be 5-B" (literal reason). We can't somehow turn 5-B into High 4-C for no reason other than "we feel like it."

This wouldn't even downgrade anything. It's just pointing out the lack of common sense and basic logic.

Giving my two cents, i disagree with the realm being at miminum 5-B when it clearly has a sun in the sky.

So while i personally think it makes sense, it's explained very poorly in the profiles.

Again, the Sacred Realm is High 4-C, it's sustaining a High 4-C realm. The reasons for rejecting 3-A doesn't come from, "Because the statement is literally 5-B" it comes form the statement is too vague or unknown. The feat itself is, not 5-B, 5-A, or 3-A or anything at all. It's an Unknow, at least High 4-C feat.

I know it's an irrelevant detail that's not downgrading everything, but that's literally the way it's being interpreted. The description is this. (Its mere existence sustains the Sacred Realm, and turned it into the Dark World which at the very least is large enough to have a radius of an Earth-to-Sun distance). I don't see the problem with this.

> Again, the Sacred Realm is High 4-C, it's sustaining a High 4-C realm. The reasons for rejecting 3-A doesn't come from, "Because the statement is literally 5-B" it comes form the statement is too vague or unknow

Literally every thread that Azzy has partaken in so far has "it can be interpreted as 5-B" as the reason, actually.

If the statements about the warping of the realm can be interpreted as 5-B, then there is nothing particularly pointing to assuming the whole thing, including the outer space, was warped. Still a circle.

Azathoth also said the Sacred Realm feat was High 4-C. I suppose you could ask him.

Saying "I don't get this argument lol" isn't exactly the best way of going against another persons argument, nor is it a good idea if you don't quite understand what the argument is.

"We're lowballing it at Planet, rejecting it to be a universe, yet are we simultaneously allowing it to be High 4-C for no reason. If whenever a 3-A thread pops up, we lowball the statements to 5-B, we can't pretend that those same statements indicate High 4-C"

"3-A thread pops up, we say the Sacred Realm's statements can be lowballed at planetary because of inconsistency with the meaning of Light World and crap. Hence we say Ganon-Triforce's feat can be lowballed at "warped a planet".

But then, at the exact same time, we're pretending this doesn't simultaneously go against the feat being High 4-C when it obviously does, because no single statement specifies he warped that sun in the sky."

The argument isn't "It's not High 4C" The Argument is "Why is everything outside planet rejected yet High 4C is okay."

Schnee One said:
Saying "I don't get this argument lol" isn't exactly the best way of going against another persons argument, nor is it a good idea if you don't quite understand what the argument is.
I mean DDM basically explained it perfectly? The "argument" seems to be that this feat can only be either 3-A or 5-B when it's not

ZephyrosOmega said:
I don't get this argument lol

Why are we even arguing about statements when it has direct showings of having a sun
Because if we go by statement, it can be 5-B or 3-A, which is the reason of this CRT.

By visual feats (Aka, the sun), is High 4-C

Kep pretty much made the thread a trick question; and anyway, it's kind of irrelevant now that Complete Triforce is 3-A now.

Back