• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Valkyria Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
Why Selvaria and Alicia are 8-B? Selvaria's profile states that it's because she destroyed several tanks easily, but tanks aren't 8-B.

Because Selvaria can casual destroy them in one shot.

Normally, tanks are something like "small mobile metal-walled buildings with big guns attached". Even light tanks has at least 9-A on dura, for heavier tanks, it's around 8-C.

If you can destroy several buildings in one attack, it's City Block level. So destroy several tanks = destroy several buildings = City Block level

Didn't Selvaria destroyed only 2 before the trench battle (in a single strike I mean)? That would be either 8-C or High 8-C. And I don't remember her destroying many tanks at once usually, more sniping them individually

That's still not 8-B though. Even if we assumed that all the tanks were baseline High 8-C, she would need to destroy 6 of them to be 8-B (City Block is 11 tons)

Tiering System is energy based. And Selvaria hasn't actually destroyed a city block. Destroying a bunch of tanks qualify only if the energy value is high enough.

I'd calc it myself, but I don't know how.

I calced the KE of the Marmota and its 8-B. I need one thing to post the blog though. Can you send me a screen capture of the glossary page with the informations about it? My laptop doesn't do it for some reasons

I ninja'd you slightly. What about the Marmota thing? Can you send me a screen of the glossary page?

It may be better to assume a lower "At least..." value, yes.

At this point it probably depends if the Marmota calculation is accepted, given that both Alicia and Selvaria scale from it. Time will tell.

@Ant

For the video that Xanxusamma posted above, would it be acceptable to use pulverization or violent fragmentation would be better?

For the time being, it might be better to downgrade Alicia and Selvaria to "at least 8-C" scaling from the feat of the Marmota.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...s_KE_of_the_Marmota?useskin=oasis#comm-767210

Reason why they should scale is that Maximilian is later empowered with that energy, but it's evidently weaker than both of them.

They should be "Likely High 7-C" with the Valkyria's flame because it is stated to be able to destroy the Marmota, which would require 102 kilotons of force as Antoniofer pointed out.

I think it seems reasonable as well, but I'd feel more comfortable with "Possibly High 7-C" since theirs a few variables at play,

Yeah, probably it's better, Selvaria's seemed more in the 7-C range

V. Fragmenting three tanks would requiere 602.35 tnt kg, however, I'm using this tank as reference and that tanks are completely made of steel. You you give me some crue about those tanks, like the model or where are they from, I could find a more accurate value.

Remember that the High 7-C value is the minimun amount of energy to shatter all the mass of the Marmota, same way that destroying an skyscraper is 8-A+ but generally destroying it would requiere less, depending of the kind of destruction.

I'm on mobile now, but if memory serves right, the Shamrock is 1,2 tons and it's made of steel.

Yeah, but we don't really have a way to calc it as it is based on a statement. And Selvaria's final flame can be calced, but it would be quite a big lowball because the explosion continues expanding outside of the screen.

So is this one, it weight 11.2 tons, so destroying them would requiere 581.58 tnt kg (Building level).

Can you show me the scene of the explosion, or if a crater were left behind, a screen shot?

EDIT: Nevermind, you aren't on a pc right now.

Mmm... no, I can't calculate it without a shot of the explosion at its peak nor a crater. Welp, its a suicide attacks, so at least someone survive to that, no one should scale (unless self-destruction is a common technic in Valkyries).

Valkyria's final flame is actually a regular technique. Alicia was going to use it against the Marmota and there are records of it being used in the past (i believe that it's what lifewiped Barious, but I could be wrong).

I don't think that anyone or anything was ever stated or shown to be able to survive it though (if the profiles aren't composite)

VR is an alternate timeline, I believe. I don't think that we can scale the characters from it

IIRC, there is an ova about Valkyria Chronicles 3. Riela, one the main female characters is also a Valkyria and she blasted several shells from a pretty good distance. She cant use her power for a long time unlike Selvaria, so she's probably weaker than her. We can use that to scale the characters

Maybe. The question is if we want to make the profiles composite or game-only. For example, the anime of VC1 is quite a lot different from the game, like the fact that Alicia survived Selvaria's final flame (can't really speak for the other two though)

According to the VC's wikia, the ovas from VC3 (not from the adaptation of the first game) takes place around chapter 13 and 14 of the game, so i think this is canon to the game.

Can't say much as I never played VC3, but if it doesn't contradict anything shown in the game scaling from it should be ok

I played it on my psp, but I can only remember some parts because I can't read japanese (I had a friend who helped me with the language gap) and I lost my psp 3 years ago. I currently don't remember anything that would contradict this, except for the part that a non-Valkyria briefly matched Selvaria until she decided to get serious and stomped that character. This might be PIS, I don't know.

If Selvaria wasn't serious it wouldn't be PIS, I think. Only if the match was actually close it would be considered PIS (unless this non-Valkyria had reasons to be absurdly strong)

Rating them as "at least 8-C, possibly High 7-C with Valkyria's flame" seems accepted. I'd like to hear the opinion of Dark and Xanxussama about the scaling from Riela before deciding about it

In the meantime, can I perform the accepted edits? Riela's feats aren't calculated yet, so the discussion here is more focused about "should they scale when Riela's feats are calculated?" than "which tier should Alicia and Selvaria be?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back