• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about the Terrarian's speed being Massively Hypersonic (Probably a "roblox upgrade or terraria downgrade" thread)

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
I've had this inquiry in mind for a while now.

Upon reading the lightning dodging feats page and looking back, I've sometimes thought that the lightning created by the lunatic cultist might not actually be real lightning at all.

The thing that makes me think of such is because of how it works ingame:

(Skip to 1:22)

Terraria - Lunatic Cultist
Terraria - Lunatic Cultist

I get the Terrarian doesn't move as fast as it (and can only dodge it atmost), but it's just how the lightning works.

Let's take another verse (Roblox - or how I'd call ,it, ro-CANCER) into play:

The KotSS Lightning Staff shoots spheres of lightning that bears similar traits to the Cultist's attack in the video above, but it likely wouldn't be considered real lightning (Except if you take into account that it travels at a similar speed and makes struck enemies fall onto the floor upon being zapped), however, the Robloxian doesn't have a MHS rating for dodging such projectiles in the first place, however, it might be due to the fact that nobody even knew of the item in the first place.

So, my suggestions are to either:

1. Replace the Terrarian's speed value with a different one.

2. Give the Robloxian MHS speed ratings (Which means I'll have to find out how fast the bolts travel from the orbs and find out how fast one point of walkspeed is in M/S).

3. Provide (a) reason(s) why the lightning in the video is cosidered real, I mean, that's why I made the thread.

EDIT PRANK GONE WRONG, IN THE HOOD, SHOTS FIRED:

So, Saikou has stated the reason it would be considered real lightning is due to the fact that the cultist's lightning bolts travels at the same speed as the lightning bolts summoned from the vortex pillar, which has the ability to otherwise create lightning bolts in the background of the map when fighting against it.

Going to leave this thread open for any further input on the subject.

Idk about you, but I disagree with MHS+ speeds based on that. What we ca scale the Terrarian to is him reacting to falling stars (Which according to a certain page, are around Mach 112), and by the end of the game, dodging light (Saikou even calced it and got 11c).

There are more feats and I'm sure of that, but it's been quite awhile since I last played Terraria.

So yeah, I propose a speed revision on the Terrarian. Downgrade for most, and a separate key with FTL+ speed for his end-game gear.

Back