• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok so what the hell is going on. Honestly I feel like the entire page for MCU is upscaled way too high for no reason. I mean maybe I'm missing something but having stuff like "captain america drew blood from thanos" or "knocking thanos off-balance" thus making him large mountain level or island level makes no sense. Especially since it doesn't actually specify how and so I'm here left thinking base captain america is that strong.
And the same goes for iron man, his feats and upscaling just makes no sense to put him where he is.

So again, either I'm missing something and someone could explain in detail on why the massive upscale or maybe if someone could make a crt that would be great. I myself don't have the time but yeah, I just want to point that out and see what others think. If someone has any questions because I might not have added more necessary details I will be glad to answer them.

Cap didn't just knock thanos off balance; he straight up sent him flying. Cap's blows were very clearly doing some degree of damage to Thanos in that fight sequence. He also tanked multiple punches and blows.

And to a bit of a lesser degree than Cap, Tony did a similar thing where he very clearly was shoving thanos back with his attacks and after Thanos got the upper hand, he proceeded to take multiple blows from Thanos and his armor managed to hold up pretty damn well until he got shot with a point blank power stone blast.

Also, they don't upscale, they downscale.

Also the fact Iron Man could make Thanos bleed whereas Thor, another High 7-A+, was unable to do such a thing on his own

Cap didn't just knock thanos off balance; he straight up sent him flying. Cap's blows were very clearly doing some degree of damage to Thanos in that fight sequence. He also tanked multiple punches and blows.

And to a bit of a lesser degree than Cap, Tony did a similar thing where he very clearly was shoving thanos back with his attacks and after Thanos got the upper hand, he proceeded to take multiple blows from Thanos and his armor managed to hold up pretty damn well until he got shot with a point blank power stone blast.

Also, they don't upscale, they downscale.
Ok so about the sending him flying part, sure. I haven't watched the movie in a while but thanks for the vid, it helped a bit. But the problem is that suddenly making him large island is that it also doesn't specify it how he did it. Like I would expect something like "with mjolnir he is insert tier"
But then again even that is kind of iffy as thanos profile imo is pretty vague when it comes to his tiering. Like for the most part it's just saying he is comparable or stronger to certain characters who are like mountain level and even they dont have proper stuff like calcs and at times it feels like it goes in circles. Maybe Im not thinking straight since its hot for me and I havent slept but the entire page just seems vague.

But the problem is that suddenly making him large island is that it also doesn't specify it how he did it. Like I would expect something like "with mjolnir he is insert tier"
Isn't Captain America already 6-C with mjolnir? Also Thanos is island level, not large Island level, and Thanos himself scales to tanking a 5 gigaton blast, which is baseline 6-C

Isn't Captain America already 6-C with mjolnir? Also Thanos is island level, not large Island level, and Thanos himself scales to tanking a 5 gigaton blast, which is baseline 6-C
Yeah I noticed it only just now. But I was more so talking about when it comes to detail in like the big section under attack potency. Also about the 5 gigaton thing, why isn't like a link and stuff added to it showing it as proof. Imo it should be kind of important considering it seems like it is Thanos main durabilty scale.(also he barely survived that as it says and also is it right to assume the ap scales to durability, idk)
Also this is mainly about the whole MCU to where I have a problem with the whole thing like where Hulk is stated to be equal to thanos just less skilled. It just lowballs Hulk to high 7-A if thats really the case or it doesnt make sense for Thanos to be that high himself(which if the 5 gigaton bomb thing is true(but doesnt have a link or nothing) should upscale Hulk.

Idk I just feel like the whole page should have some touch ups. Though Im not trying to go too deep as I might be completely wrong and Im tired so just putting out some thoughts.

Back