• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about speed

A6colute

VS Battles
Retired
If a character can casually go from an usual space-time to the place where a space-time doesn't exist which speed has this character?

Of course this character doesn't use teleportation or something like that.

Define what makes the space time "Unusual". Otherwise what you described used to be the old requirement to getting infinite speed. Now that doesn't work anymore, in order for that to happen the character in question must have either crossed an infinite distance or must have lived and breath within this place with no space time. Otherwise him goin to a place with no space time and just being in it doesn't get him anything. Now if your saying he Can move to an area with space time and no space time casually than that's a tough one to answer. Because I would need to know what kind of cosmology this verse has, if universes are capable of being traveled without any barrier crossing(since you said it isn't with teleportation.) than that would just be MFTL+. Theirs a lot of different scenarios and ideas on how to go about this but they all point to it being more either just being a Hax or likely MFTL + travel but definitely not likely infinite speed.

If it bypasses what is capable within linear time, it may even be immeasurable.

A6 said it wasn't teleportation. I assume he means literal movement.

@Sera but all he said the character did was go to an area with no space time through a means we do not know. As far as I know this qualifies for nothing but either some kind of ability or power I don't have recollection of or it's just MFTL + if the cosmology has universe's or planes being accessible through physical means. Btw we don't accept infinite for these requirements anymore just so you know.

But we've agreed in prior threads that such feats aren't quantifiable (Not expecting you to know this, just saying).

Define what makes the space time "Unusual".

Space-time destroyed and not exists anymore.

Simply speaking, character moved from a place where space-time exists to a place where space-time doesn't exist.

Theirs a lot of different scenarios and ideas on how to go about this but they all point to it being more either just being a Hax or likely MFTL + travel but definitely not likely infinite speed.

So, it may be MFTL+ in some cases?

Space-time destroyed and not exists anymore.

Simply speaking, character moved from a place where space-time exists to a place where space-time doesn't exist.

In that case than this warrants no speed upgrade. As being in a place with no space time and moving in it no longer warrants infinite speed. The character would need to have either predate time itself or just live it's whole life in a place with no space time or again cross an infinite distance to get infinite speed. If all the character did was just idk let's say was caught in some explosion that destroyed the space time of his universe and now moves around in it like his universe with space time than he still gets no speed upgrade as that is no longer the requirement due to it being a very common trope in fiction for characters moving around in a place with no time.

That's infinite. I mean it can't be MFTL+, even with the stricter definition for infinite speed.

If all the character did was just idk let's say was caught in some explosion that destroyed the space time of his universe and now moves around in it like his universe with space time

No-no-no. I'm talking about another situation.

1. Character is in a place with a space-time.

2. Character starts walking.

3. Character goes to a place without a space-time.

4. Character is in a place without a space-time.

@A6 again I have no idea how the cosmology of this verse so could you be more specific on what he's doing, where he is going. Him walking indicates to me he's traveling either through warping means(not teleporting, like warping a hole in space time and exiting to a world with no space time, which still doesn't warrant infinite speed.) or this characters verse is like marvel where Thor can travel to earth and Asgard which are considered in another universe but it's accessible through physical means. Otherwise since you haven't pointed out to me this character was born in a place with no space time or he crossed an infinite distance or on the lines of that than no other way you could put it this is not a speed feat, at least not a infinite one at least.

Why? That should be applicable to infinite speed.

Sera Loveheart said:
Why? That should be applicable to infinite speed.
Sera you must understand, that if we go with the logic you're trying to go by. Dragon ball would be infite speed than. We had a giant discussion on what qualifies as infinite and what does not for speed and this is one of them that does not.

Otherwise since you haven't pointed out to me this character was born in a place with no space time or he crossed an infinite distance or on the lines of that than no other way you could put it this is not a speed feat, at least not a infinite one at least.

How "was born in a place with no space time" can give an infinite speed?

So what, unknown then? That feels wrong. Plus, that discussion was about moving in a void without space and time not moving to a void without space and time. There's quite a difference there.

@A6 idk I don't particularly agree with this requirement either personally for many reasons but that's what's allowed to get infinite speed.

@Sera

Even before we changed our rules to Infinite speed, we agreed that doing stuff like this isn't quantifiable.

but that's what's allowed to get infinite speed.

Well, I don't see any difference between "was born in a place with no space time" and "can live in a place with no space time".

"or this characters verse is like marvel where Thor can travel to earth and Asgard which are considered in another universe but it's accessible through physical means"

Not debating here, but this is a terrible example. Thor can do this because the Nine Worlds are physically connected through the branches and roots of Yggdrasil which extends throughout the worlds. Which is why you can reach Asgard through fast-enough flight even though it's outside our universe.

It's a ridiculous requirement. I see the problem with a character just moving in a timeless void being a common thing in fiction and inconsistent with other feats but this is different. This is literally speed that goes beyond ordinary space and time.

It means you naturally live inside places without time.

And? It means nothing.

A6colute said:
but that's what's allowed to get infinite speed.
Well, I don't see any difference between "was born in a place with no space time" and "can live in a place with no space time".
There's a difference between "living in" and "traveling to".

@matt at the time I did not think up another example besides marvel coming into my head. But you get my idea that the 9 worlds can be accessed through speed and no requirements of crossing exclusively warping and teleporting

There's a difference between "living in" and "traveling to".

There is no difference. If you didn't die immediately after "traveling to" a place without a space-time then you can "live in" the place without the space-time.

What he means is there's no difference.

>Person A was born in a Tundra thus can live those conditions.

>Person B can move to a Tundra and easily adapt to its conditions and thus can live there.

Same thing. The ability to exist there (consistently).

@Grudge

I do, but that's because they are literally physically connected. Usually in fiction the minimum requirement to move between universes is Massively FTL+ and the ability to traverse Dimensional Barriers.

Or straight up Immeasurable in some cases.

I'm not going to argue with that, as it's already set by our rules for Infinite speed that we don't allow it.

Also, why would traveling to a place without space-time kill you?

Also, why would traveling to a place without space-time kill you?

If it didn't kill you then you can live in this place, right?

Back