• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question About Soul and Mind Manip

I have many qustions:

• 1. How does Mind Manip work on a non-Corporeal entity without brain? to affect it, do you need Mind Screw prowess on Consciousness and not on the brain?
  • 2. Are non corporeal entities such as "just a mass of darkness" have a soul?

There is no need for brain for mind manipulation unless writer go into detail how character(s) using the ability. Slightest mental function is enough for the mind manip, otherwise use the ability on a rock there is no difference.

I understand, but manipulate a human = / = Manipulated a brainless entity, so most feat or someone Mind Screw a person is not guaranteed to walk if the entity does not have a body? (unless feat shows that it works on the conscience)

Since when does having a brain mean anything? You're Manipulating a consciousness you can do it.

What character are you talking about? Metalia?

Unless a character's mind manipulation shown to only work if there is brain or other things-like in code geass, geass directly effect brain/nervous system, in Naruto, Sharingan requires opponent to have an eye- there is no need for a physical brain or other physical matter. Human or Conceptual Entity only thing that matters it mind manipulation's hax level.

It's like mind controlling a normal human and commanding him/her to run faster than light it's impossibe, but, if we look characters from fictions if controlled entity have the correct power -creation, reality warping- he/she simply create a body and walk.

Gargoyle One said:
Since when does having a brain mean anything? You're Manipulating a consciousness you can do it.
What character are you talking about? Metalia?
I speak in cases where the Mind Manip affects the brain as in Naruto ect ...
Yes, I'm talking about her, it's just a mass of darkness.

@Mindovin You have entered my point Thank you for your reply

Mind hax has to be taken into context depending on who's doing it.

If having a brain is a limitation for their mind hax, then it should be on their profile. If it isn't, then we can assume that they can mind hax ghosts.

Non-Corporeal entities are not a "mass of darkness" unless otherwise specified.

Gargoyle One said:
Lemme guess Metalia vs Nihilus?
Nope soul is just a question I've been asking myself for a while
and the Mind Screw came to me when I saw Luke Vs White Face

Luke, along with pretty much every Star Wars non fodder, is capable of Mind Haxing robots and non-sentients

I still wonder why we consider mind haxing robots as impressive even if your mind control method doesn't involve a brain/nervous system.

Kaltias said:
I still wonder why we consider mind haxing robots as impressive even if your mind control method doesn't involve a brain/nervous system.
I think it has to do with like, consciousness, or something, idk.

Because robots usually don't have a brain or "mind". Though it's usually less "impressive" and more like a confirmation that it doesn't require a brain.

I'm not really all for the idea of assuming that mindhax can mindhax anything by default. It implies that every verse has a concept of "mind" that differs from the existence of a brain even when nothing hints at it.

The thing is that not having a mind/nervous system is the only big difference between the "mind" of a human and a robot.

If you need a brain, obviously it wouldn't work. If you don't, the only big difference between an AI and human is how smart they are.

Is it really mind hax if you're mind controlling a machine? Even if you don't need to target a brain to mindhax a living sapient being, I doubt whatever non-corporeal component that they'd need to target would exist for a robot by virtue of it not being alive and being, you know, a robot. If they've shown the ability to mindhax machines, that's cool, but I'd still list it as Technological Manipulation on the page.

Back