• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

QUESTION ABOUT SBA AND HAXES

Not really it's just Genjutsu and Gentle Fist that get f'd up by this as they require a different circulatory system
arbiter-were-it-so-easy.gif

On the contrary, people usually bring up the "difference in energy" only when the character they argue for loses because of the verse equalization.
Rightfully so.

It would be weirder not to be annoyed at the fact your character lost a match up due to being affected by something that shouldn't be able to affect them in the first place

I don't see it as a handicap, we equalize universal concepts of energy of different fictional verses. It makes battles possible
The battles would still be possible without equalisation.

could just say "Ki doesn't affect Naruto, it's a Dragon Ball concept and Narutoverse doesn't have such energy therefore it can't interact with them"
Oh God of course you brought that up.

No. That's not how it works Ki in Dragon Ball doesn't kill opponents because they also have Ki.

And Moves Like Chidori or Rasengan don't hurt opponents due to them having Chakra.

It hurts because they are attacks none reliant on opponents having a specific quirk.

So Goku can still use Kamehameha on Naruto and hurt him. However, he can't use Instant Transmission to blitz him.

Itachi can use everything else and not is his Genjustsu being taken away from him, it just doesn't work.

Lemme give you an example.

Vader fights a Robot but he can't Force Choke him.

Should we give the Robot lungs just so he can fight him on equal grounds?

Or a Character lives in a Verse where 99% of the human population have the XvgY Gene.

And a character has a power that kills anyone with the XvgY Gene with just a thought.

Someone puts the character in a VsB.

Against a character from another verse.

Should we give the character from a different universe the XvgY Gene just so they can harm each other?

Chakra in Naruto has its own Origin Story.

I repeat the Story gave literal Energy its own Backstory and Circulatory system.

It's far too unique from other Energy systems to be "Equalized".

But if What Berkenstall tolisif true and we are allowed to specify "Energy oneaualised" then it's cool.

Bump
Rightfully so.

It would be weirder not to be annoyed at the fact your character lost a match up due to being affected by something that shouldn't be able to affect them in the first place

The battles would still be possible without equalisation.

Oh God of course you brought that up.

No. That's not how it works Ki in Dragon Ball doesn't kill opponents because they also have Ki.

And Moves Like Chidori or Rasengan don't hurt opponents due to them having Chakra.

It hurts because they are attacks none reliant on opponents having a specific quirk.

So Goku can still use Kamehameha on Naruto and hurt him. However, he can't use Instant Transmission to blitz him.

Itachi can use everything else and not is his Genjustsu being taken away from him, it just doesn't work.

Lemme give you an example.

Vader fights a Robot but he can't Force Choke him.

Should we give the Robot lungs just so he can fight him on equal grounds?

Or a Character lives in a Verse where 99% of the human population have the XvgY Gene.

And a character has a power that kills anyone with the XvgY Gene with just a thought.

Someone puts the character in a VsB.

Against a character from another verse.

Should we give the character from a different universe the XvgY Gene just so they can harm each other?

Chakra in Naruto has its own Origin Story.

I repeat the Story gave literal Energy its own Backstory and Circulatory system.

It's far too unique from other Energy systems to be "Equalized".

But if What Berkenstall tolisif true and we are allowed to specify "Energy oneaualised" then it's cool.
Good example

I don't even know anymore that is why I have refrained from vs threads, I thought universal energies of verses verses equalized but turns out it is not true, and those universal energy must be the same thing e.g. must be magic, e.t.c

I kinda skimmed through but let's say Ichigo is invisible since he's a reaper, would verse equalization make it so that he can be seen by other people? I've seen people say yes so that a fight can happen but legit it just seems unfair that you take 1 of his "abilities" away and then the other opponent has also dur negation.

Bump

Good example
Thanks. The whole Arguments been going on long enough.

I just assume if it isn't mentjontioned that a character has Chakra (or anything else) then that means Genj Won't work.

But if it is stated then I don't mind. But I do wish this Wiki had an option to remove it on the site.

So basically, gejutsu would not work on people that dont have a very similar system (their chakra nervous system) to them which allows them to use chakra?

Were Chakra a kind of spiritual/vital energy that inhabitate living beings? I recall not working in the resurrected Kages that, since they were undeads, they were affected by genjutsu. This would suggest that, in or to genjutsu to work, the target should be alive. The origin of the force/energy is not that relevant, just what individuals possesses them under the verse standards.

Let me address this quickly, sharigan genjutsu does not require your opponent to have chakra
Who said that?????
Were Chakra a kind of spiritual/vital energy that inhabitate living beings? I recall not working in the resurrected Kages that, since they were undeads, they were affected by genjutsu. This would suggest that, in or to genjutsu to work, the target should be alive. The origin of the force/energy is not that relevant, just what individuals possesses them under the verse standards.
they have chakra and nobody ever used Genjutsu against them

Really? I recall they were immune to that Sharingan draw in the moon or something; but as you may notice, I'm not knowledgeable in Naruto, and only watched pieces of chapters cuz someone close to me watched it.

Either way, if chakra does not have that kind of limitation, then nI guess there's no reason to assume genjutsu wouldn't work on people from verse where chakra does not exist (naturally, immunities/resistances to illusions still apply). Has been anyone in the verse that had chakra within itself?

They put chakra in the chakra pathway system that flows through their brain, difference
Well it is up for debate actually, and I am not really that interested in naruto to say much about it
Maybe since they don’t have a pathway system while dead? They are fully dust
Nope they do have pathway system it did not work for some reasons that I can't remember or was not stated

If you mean the Itachi novel, it says something completely different
He said his mangekyou Sheridan allows him to side step the need for the flow of chakra so it means chakra is not needed at all I was a bit wrong

This is dumb.

Genjutsu should work if the energy is similar enough in a broad sense.

The whole cerebral nervous system is only relevant in understanding how Shinobi conflict works because most times when your implementing Genjutu it's against an Organic being.

Genjutsu has affected a wide variety of animals with entirely different Physiologies and cerebral structures, it has worked on dead people made up of nothing but DUST, it's worked On The Tailed beasts, things entirely made up of energy.

He said his mangekyou Sheridan allows him to side step the need for the flow of chakra so it means chakra is not needed at all I was a bit wrong
It says that it sidesteps the need of staring into their eyes for a long period of time, noted by the fact that he was focusing on the portion about the gaze
This is dumb.

Genjutsu should work if the energy is similar enough in a broad sense.
I agree with this
The whole cerebral nervous system is only relevant in understanding how Shinobi conflict works because most times when your implementing Genjutu it's against an Organic being.

Genjutsu has affected a wide variety of animals with entirely different Physiologies and cerebral structures, it has worked on dead people made up of nothing but DUST, it's worked On The Tailed beasts, things entirely made up of energy.
I might have to disagree with the bijuu though, because they've been given physical form and it's shown that they have intestines and such, wouldn't be too farfetched, and it's shown that they mold chakra as well which is a direct product of the physical energies from the body's cells (which they wouldn't have if they didn't have chakra). Most likely, they have a similar pathway system.

And the animals, nada, which is why Sasuke's hawk could get hit with gentle fist techniques which targets the chakra pathway systems.

And sorry if this has been stated in the manga, might've just forgotten it (even though I said it above, my apologies for the false info), but does it ever say that they're created out of dust? Cause the dust can transform into regular organs and such (which is how the Edos like exhausted Minato can breathe)

It says that it sidesteps the need of staring into their eyes for a long period of time, noted by the fact that he was focusing on the portion about the gaze
"For the visual jutsu of a normal sharingan, your gaze has to intersect with the gaze of your intended target to some degree. You need that direct action, and the flow of chakra. But the Mangekyo sharingan allows me to sidestep all that"
Then he further said in the next page, that he simply do not need to look them as he can pour his chakra in

Then he further said in the next page, that he simply do not need to look them as he can pour his chakra in
He doesn't need to keep eye contact, says it on the first page. All he has to do is look at their eyes, even if they don't look at him.

It's like when Madara hit Ay with Genjutsu, he needed to stare at him and maintain eye contact. Shisui doesn't need to do that.

I might have to disagree with the bijuu though, because they've been given physical form
Their Physical form is entirely made out of chakra, which is why eating parts of their body literally gives you chakra, which is how Kinkaku and Ginkaku are able to get chakra from Kurama.
and it's shown that they mold chakra as well which is a direct product of the physical energies from the body's cells (which they wouldn't have if they didn't have chakra). Most likely, they have a similar pathway system.
There's no evidence that Tailed beast mold chakra anyway like humans do, considering the fact the only notable times they mold chakra is when they don't even have a physical form.
And the animals, nada, which is why Sasuke's hawk could get hit with gentle fist techniques which targets the chakra pathway systems.
The Chakra pathways isn't a specific thing, it's as the name implies a part of the body where chakra flows, this is going to change depending on the anatomy of the animal as nervous system's don't translate Linearly.
but does it ever say that they're created out of dust? Cause the dust can transform into regular organs and such (which is how the Edos like exhausted Minato can breathe)
there is no evidence that it recreates regular organs, there is no blood when they get damaged for one and having organs that are made out of dust doesn't really change anything, they would still be artificial and MADE OUT OF Chakra, otherwise the TSB wouldn't have been able to Nullify them.

He doesn't need to keep eye contact, says it on the first page. All he has to do is look at their eyes, even if they don't look at him.

It's like when Madara hit Ay with Genjutsu, he needed to stare at him and maintain eye contact. Shisui doesn't need to do that.
I know, if mentioned two conditions for genjutsu.
1. Eye contact
2. Flow of chakra

And he said the MS allows him to side step all that

Infinite tsuk Didn't go after the edo because its targets those with a life forces which is why it went after bee more heavy. We know GJ works on edo but since are basically immortal zombies they were immune

Back