• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about outliers

Dose the logic of the following statement hold up?

Saitama best feat was Multi-Continent Level, until a Planet Level statement appeared, the Gems from SU had their best feat placed at Mountain Level, until an Small-Island Level feat happened, Beerus' best feat was Multi-Solar System Level, until a Universe Level feat happened. Just because the new feat is superior to the older ones, it doesn't mean it's an outlie, there for a character with many building/Large Building feats and 1 town level feat as an adult doing a City/Mountain level feat as kid would not be an outlier.

I think it depends on if the feat is not heavily contridicted, its backed up by statements or more feats. But if its contradicted many times then its an outlier.

Is the kid stated to be weaker as an kid then an adult if so the yes its an outlier.

Unless the adult did that stuff very casually then its not an outlier if his kid self did it.

Then its an outlier

If at the age of 10 I destroyed a city in one blast. Then at the age of 30 struggle on a consistent basis to destroy buildings and I'm no weaker then when I was a kid. The City feat would be an outlier for sure.

That's a cartoon, you know the thing that vary episode to episode like spongebob

He was saying the Island Level feat was an outlier, then I showed the City/Mountain Level feat, and he said that one was also an outlier, and that the difference was too big, and then I gave some examples of characters simply gaining higher feats and not being outliers (Beerus, Saitama, etc.), and then he made this thread.

I Literally copy past what you said I put it here because you were complaining the other one was inative.

Oh ok well Darkmon CNS you should know that cartoons vary episode to episode so I don't think its a problem with how cartoon characters are rated

@Paulo I however wouldn't us those other guys as examples since there more about consistency and cartoons are not.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Oh ok well he needs to know that cartoons vary episode to episode so I don't think its a problem with how cartoon characters are rated

I however wouldn't us those other guys as examples since there more about consistency and cartoons are not.
No it's a cartoon that relates more to Avitar the last air bender and max steel then to Looney Toons

MLP is kind of in the middle, actually, it does have continuity to some extent, but it is full of anti-feats (there's a scene is which two Star Level characters are struggling to disperse a storm).

Do the characters vary from episode to episode? If so its a cartoon like spongebob

Then we have problems

If the MLP characters consistently struggle to destroy buildings like in 99percent of their episodes and don't go through power ups then somethings up unless the verse is a cartoon like spongebob.

I am not knowledgeable about the verse so I cant say much about its consistency hopefully someone who is looks at this thread.

"If the MLP characters consistently struggle to destroy buildings like in 99percent of their episodes"

From what I remember that's not really true.

Well, it can be a little inconsistent from time to time (Star Level character struggling to disperse a storm, Relativistic character isn't fast enough to save all the people inside a collapsing building, Island Level character breaks a bone after a simple fall, etc), but there are some episodes in which they reference things that happened previoulsy on the show, so, it does have some continuity.

The Everlasting said:
"If the MLP characters consistently struggle to destroy buildings like in 99percent of their episodes"

What do you think of the statmen in the OP?

@Paulo

To be fair, those latter two are very common PIS in fiction overall (Fiction never seems to learn that long falls are Wall level at best).

Paulo.junior.969 said:
MLP is kind of in the middle, actually, it does have continuity to some extent, but it is full of anti-feats (there's a scene is which two Star Level characters are struggling to disperse a storm).
As long as scenes like that don't happen 90percent of the time then it should be fine.

The Everlasting said:

Oh I didn't mean they do struggle always, I said If they do then we have problems

The Everlasting said:
@Paulo

To be fair, those latter two are very common PIS in fiction overall (Fiction never seems to learn that long falls are Wall level at best).
What do you think of the OP?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Do you still think a abonch non casual of bulding and large bulding level stuff and 1 non casual one town level feat as a adult can make 1 casual city/Mountain level feat as a kid consistent?

Well, by your logic, there are a lot of characters that should be downgraded, since a lot of franchises out there are pretty inconsistent, so...

I don't know why it was esepted but you think a town level feat can be used to make a city/Mountion level feat consistent which simply doesn't work.

I don't know why it was accepted but they pretty much say that I was right and you were not when it comes to how outliers work

I don't know I have been trying to avoid MLP stuff on this Wiki sense they started using comic stuff.

They don't, that's why Discord isn't Massively FTL+ anymore, plus, I don't know why you brought the conversation here if you want to avoid MLP on this wiki, but, anyway, if everyone on the staff agreed that the Island Level feat is an outlier, why is she still Tier 6?

1 like I said I've been out of the loop.

2 I don't know why they agreed to it I guess I could ask one of them for the original upgrade thread.

I'LL be honest I stoped caring about the MLP stuff a while ago what I care about now is that your idea of an outlier is vastly different from this wiki's idea of an outlier which is where the other wiki's idea of an outlier comes from.

Back