• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about one shotting and speed blitzing with unknown stat gap

What you mean yes? That makes no sense...
Usain bolt is 43.99 kilometers per hour
Average human speed is 9.4 kilometers per hour
Thats 4x... he can't blitz...
Or
Average Human 18 - 27.72 km/h
Subsonic (Faster than the Eye) 123.48 - 617.4 km/h
Which is around minimum 10-15x faster

Tho that might not be how it works but logically 3x is not even close to blitz... People can fight people that are 2x faster than them 3x wouldn't make much of a difference... Also it also depends on distance So I assume above 5x personally
Boxers have 15 m/s punching speed on average (2.3x lower than Subsonic's starting point), 20.1168 m/s is the world record, and most people have slightly higher reaction speeds, the absolute best fighter pilots have 1/220ths of a second reactions. If you really wanted to blitz them you'd need to move faster than they can percieve.

Dang I didn’t see a thread like this was already made. I think that if character A one shots what character B scales to then character B should be one shot (like why won’t they; they are exactly the same as the other person who is instantly destroyed). Also should apply to cartoonishly small gaps like .1 to .4. I don’t see how being 1.1 times better would save you when 1.1 times weaker is instantly wrecked. Though when you get to actual whole number increases then yeah character B would absolutely have the ap advantage. It won’t be anywhere near as bad as when character A doesn’t have a scaling chain. And most versus matches are actually pretty lenient with it (I’ve seen a 7 times ap advantage be treated as not instant annihilation due to the other character upscaling from their feat quite a bit).

Dang I didn’t see a thread like this was already made. I think that if character A one shots what character B scales to then character B should be one shot (like why won’t they; they are exactly the same as the other person who is instantly destroyed). Also should apply to cartoonishly small gaps like .1 to .4. I don’t see how being 1.1 times better would save you when 1.1 times weaker is instantly wrecked. Though when you get to actual whole number increases then yeah character B would absolutely have the ap advantage. It won’t be anywhere near as bad as when character A doesn’t have a scaling chain. And most versus matches are actually pretty lenient with it (I’ve seen a 7 times ap advantage be treated as not instant annihilation due to the other character upscaling from their feat quite a bit).
This discussion is a tragedy, there are no guidelines for such an important freaking concept in vs matches, that 50% of vs matches have dudes who have light years long scaling chains above their opponent but the gap in AP being treated as freaking 2x because that's the value gap and the upscaling completely ignored and the other 50% being the opposite, this literally makes the majority of vs matches invalid due to something that should be trivial.

Boxers have 15 m/s punching speed on average (2.3x lower than Subsonic's starting point), 20.1168 m/s is the world record
Monkey no m/s.
and most people have slightly higher reaction speeds
🤔 I guess but boxers mostly predict where the punch will go to dodge... So I would say if your whole body were moving a little bit above the speed of punching, you would probably blitz them

There are a ton of things on this site that unfortunately are very poorly explained at times. And it’s not even the pages or peoples fault, it’s just this site isn’t a hive mind so obviously different people have different opinions on subjective matters.

This discussion is a tragedy, there are no guidelines for such an important freaking concept in vs matches, that 50% of vs matches have dudes who have light years long scaling chains above their opponent but the gap in AP being treated as freaking 2x because that's the value gap and the upscaling completely ignored and the other 50% being the opposite, this literally makes the majority of vs matches invalid due to something that should be trivial.
Oh yeah, reread that. That is my biggest problem with this site. When the opinions on things vary so widely that a thread or verse can be the exact opposite depending on who you ask.

Well... Just be cautious with at least ratings 🐵

AP seems to mostly be covered, for Speed it is usually treated as a case by case basis, generally X3 is a super solid advantage, with higher than that generally being considered blitzing territory

Back