• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about non-linear time

"would a universe with nonlinear time still be 4-dimensional?". I came across 2 definitions of nonlinear time:
1. Time is not divided into past, present and future. Everything happens at the same time, so there is only 1 moment (I think in this sense the universe should not be low 2c)
2.The progression of time is not uniform or predictable in the traditional sense, so it does not follow a linear sequence. That is, in linear time, events occur in chronological order, one after the other, without any deviation or change in the flow of time. But in a non-linear time frame, time can exhibit irregularities, loops or variations that deviate from the traditional linear order.(but I think this is still enough for the universe to be low 2c)

If we just know that time is non-linear without extra context which of these two should we use?

Non linear time would just not contain things in linear order but it would still have uncountable snapshots or just whatever but obviously not enough to downgrade a entire universe below L2-C, more context or evidence needed to say it's not.

Non linear time would just not contain things in linear order but it would still have uncountable snapshots or just whatever but obviously not enough to downgrade a entire universe below L2-C, more context or evidence needed to say it's not.
So if we don't have enough context, we should just use second variant?

So if we don't have enough context, we should just use second variant?
In case Universe exist and spacetime has been mentioned then it's L2-C, regardless if time is non linear, static or whatever, thry all will qualify, unless they have properely explain as to why they shouldn't.

In case Universe exist and spacetime has been mentioned then it's L2-C, regardless if time is non linear, static or whatever, thry all will qualify, unless they have properely explain as to why they shouldn't.
I get it.Thank

Back