• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

question about illusions and sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.
my question is very straightforward. characters who can sense energies should have limited resistance to visual illusions, no? because they can sense whether the illusion is emitting energy or not, they can tell if it is real or not...

Antoniofer said:
In short, yes, has sense.
Is that really how it works? I don't think someone for example who sense ki, can necessarily sense illusions, plus not all illusions has an "energy". Illusions comes in many forms.

if the visual illusion does not have energy signature, and that is the case in most cases, then those who can sense energy can tell it is not real.....like how gohan and piccolo were able to tell that the shadow clones were illusions because they were not emitting energy....

if i create some visual illusions of myself around you, you will fall for that, no? but anyone capable of sensing life energy can tell them apart because the illusions will not be emitting any energy while my real self will be...

No... That was not how they find out they were illusions. Piccolo tried punching one of them, and he couldn't hit them and then he said "So they're illusions",

that particular example is a little off because universe 9 guys cannot be sensed in the first place lol

but the second example is still applicable

I think that it depends on what types of illusions they are.

HrishikeshM said:
if i create some visual illusions of myself around you, you will fall for that, no? but anyone capable of sensing life energy can tell them apart because the illusions will not be emitting any energy while my real self will be...
That's a fair point but

Antvasima said:
I think that it depends on what types of illusions they are.
What Ant said. Even if it counts as resistance, it's very limited. And only applicable for visual illusions of this kind.

Since the question has been answered, should we close this thread?

I don't think that it counts as a resistance. The illusion is still 100% affecting you (you still perceive it), you can simply tell that it's an illusion.

Resistance would be not being affected in the first place.

Illusion bypassing then. Pretty much every DB character needs this illusion bypass ability, I once discussed this in the past, these characters can actually see through after images by ki sensing.

If seeing through these kinds of illusions classifies as illusion bypassing, then I am fine with it.

It's like, common sense. It's like adding "invisibility bypassing" because if they fight an invisible enemy they still sense it.

I don't think that adding anything is necessary.

Naruto, Dragon ball, and maybe bleach need this.

It's going to have to be added to naruto's profile, as he saw madara's limbo clones, though not with sensing, just sight.

@AKM

It's basically the enhanced sight thing listed.

Even then, it doesn't necessarily help against illusions. The fact that your regular senses are tricked can be already enough, unless you are using only your sensing ability.

Thebluedash said:
Is that really how it works? I don't think someone for example who sense ki, can necessarily sense illusions, plus not all illusions has an "energy". Illusions comes in many forms.
Welp, if someone that can sense energy or stuff like beatings, and it doesn't sense it from an illusion, the character can hunch that those are illusions. Of course, character can be confused, and that only would work in visial illusions; illusions that affect the other sense (aka Scarecrow's gas, or Lilith Temptation's Kuchinashi) would still affect said character cuz the brain is being affected.

"if i create some visual illusions of myself around you, you will fall for that, no? but anyone capable of sensing life energy can tell them apart because the illusions will not be emitting any energy while my real self will be..."

i still stick by my point. but you all can decide what is the conclusion here

I still think that this has been sufficiently answered, and should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back