• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about high dimensional AP

Can someone with 4D AP kill someone with 3D immortality without having any immortality neg?

So can he achieve this by destroying the 3D plane with just the 4D AP?

Immortality isn't durability, it's the superpower to not die. Some types of immortality can be circumvented with sufficient 3D power, and some immortality can overcome an opponent using higher-dimensional power. However, a character having higher-dimensional power may imply that they have other capabilities that could help them circumvent their opponent's immortality.
yes the guy with 4D AP nukes the cosmology and wins
gg
That's only the case if the character has the sufficient range in addition to their power and if it's in character for them to cause mass destruction.

The only thing I'm curious about is 4D AP vs 3D immortality.
What type of 3D immortality? If it's the first type, "eternal life", then an opponent could kill them as if the immortal character weren't immortal, without dimensionality being very important. If it's the fifth type, "deathless immortality", then the concept of death doesn't apply to the character, so sheer power alone won't be enough to kill them, and the opponent would need to use the power to destroy 3D existence if they can and would, which implies more than just power and is a requirement.
What do you mean by mass destruction, is the 3D plane something that needs to be destroyed?
A character with 4D power, if they have the will and range, could destroy the 3D plane for there to be nowhere for the character with 3D immortality to use that immortality. This may be necessary if the immortal character can come back after complete destruction of their physical body, or if they don't die even if their physical body is destroyed.

This may be necessary if the immortal character can come back after complete destruction of their physical body, or if they don't die even if their physical body is destroyed.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Can the immortality of a character like Aizen or Zeref, who can come back after being completely destroyed, be overcome only with 4D AP? Can someone do this with plane destruction?

Type 8. For example, I'm talking about something like Aizen or Zeref's profile.
The eighth type of immortality, "reliant immortality", is when a character is immortal because they benefit from "a certain being, object, place, and/or concept", and often overlaps with other types of immortality. If the character with 4D power can destroy the thing that the immortal character benefits from, then they can overcome the immortality.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Can the immortality of a character like Aizen or Zeref, who can come back after being completely destroyed, be overcome only with 4D AP? Can someone do this with plane destruction?
I'm not familiar with either of the characters, so I'll be basing my answer on my brief looks at their VS Battles Wiki profiles.

According to the VS Battles Wiki profile of Sosuke Aizen, he is immortal because of "the Hogyoku embedded in his chest". Assuming that "the Hogyoku" is something physical and 3D, then a character with 4D power could destroy it along with attacking the body of Sosuke Aizen. If the Hogyoku is spiritual, then the character with 4D power would also need something like non-physical interaction to truly destroy it.

According to the the VS Battles Wiki profile of Zeref Dragneel, he is "able to reincarnate without retaining his immortality after around one year of being dead". He wouldn't be killed permanently the first time if his physical form were attacked directly with 4D power, unless the 4D power includes something like immeasurable speed to also attack in he future.

In both cases, the character with 4D power would win immediately upon destroying the 3D plane of existence, unless the immortal characters can come back to life in a different world that wasn't effected by the destruction. Once the immortal characters would get destroyed, they'd have nowhere to reappear in the world that was destroyed.

Can someone with 4D AP kill someone with 3D immortality without having any immortality neg?
Depends.

You can usually overcome Immorality type 3 with a higher dimensional AP. Or even Type 5 in very rare cases, if your AP is higher enough to serve as a existence erasure.

But in general, just because your AP is higher dimensional doesn't mean that you can negate all immortalities.

Last edited:
Back