• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Heavenly Record Eater

After rereading vol 3 of instant death,I can't find any statements about sea of nothingness beyond space-times(and HRE gained immeasurable speed due to this).So where's that from exactly?

Space-Time is literally stated to be part of the HRE. And it eats space-time universes (Heavenly Records, which are actually unquantifiably larger than normal Low 2-C space-times), so it would have to exist beyond it.

Heavenly Records are floating all about in the sea of nothingness.

Heavenly Records contain space-time universes as an aspect of itself.

Therefore the sea must exist beyond the space-time universes; and as a result, so does the HRE.

Edit:

Don't get "existing beyond" confused with "Transcend" though. They don't transcend it, because technically they still exist in the same dimension unless proven otherwise.

Think of a universe as like a drop of water in the sea and the HRE as a fish which is constantly drinking more water without later throwing out waste.

I mean space-time is part of infinite zamasu and he doesn't have immeasurable speed
Technically, Zamasu does have immeasurable. Or at least that he would eventually reach immeasurable.

There's not an actual difference speed-wise between immeasurable and being completely omnipresent across time and space.
Although technically in Zamasu's specific case it isn't provable that he had fully merged with the past, present, and future of the timeline; or that he could ever even successfully do that.

But I won't argue Dragonball ratings.

but how could we know that time doesn't exist in sea of nothingness?From what I know I don't think existing beyond universes is enough

Time does exist... It's within the Heavenly Records. That is flat out stated on multiple occasions.

If you're talking about higher dimensional time or something like that, it really has nothing to do with any feat in question here.

Edit:

Also like I said, Zamasu pretty much has immeasurable for similar reasons and even more shoddy feats, that can't even be proven as legitimate feats.

“Ha?” (Heavenly Record eater)

Without being able to understand at all, the Heavenly Record eater just became overcome with surprise, wasting about 2 seconds of the its precious remaining time.
For an existence like the Heavenly Record eater, space-time was a part of itself. The surrounding space and time were within the range that it could be controlled with its own will, and predicting the future and the like were simple, but it had become unable to predict the future of after 10 seconds.

======

The Heavenly Record eater manipulated time. If it was a unit of several seconds, things like going back in time were simple.

Back