• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about future GT Goku unknown rating

Why is current/future GT Goku rated as unknown? Shouldn't his base form be universal for being above the events of Shadow Dragon Sagas which includes the likes of SSJ4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron, the Dragon fist,.....?

I believe it's because there's too much unknown, and not really much in depth demonstrations of his physical stats. Seems assumptive for base form to be above SS4 Gogeta among other things though. I wouldn't be surprised if he was above Omega Shenron.

I believe it's because there's too much unknown, and not really much in depth demonstrations of his physical stats. Seems assumptive for base form to be above SS4 Gogeta among other things though. I wouldn't be surprised if he was above Omega Shenron.
I mean that's how dragon ball always worked though so I don't see what's the problem, "at least 3-B, possibly 3-A in base , much higher with super saiyan transformations, higher with the Dragon fist " should be fine, no?

I personally don't get why we have that key. Like, that Goku appears only for a few seconds on some very vague scenes that never explain what's actually going on with him after the battle with the Evil Dragons ended, or how he's back to being an adult and alive after 100 years. It's just such an odd thing that's never explained at all and lacks any kind of feats, so what's even the point on having it?

We don't even know if he trained or how much, there is no reason for him to scale to anyone or anything other than being unknown, and we sure as hell won't give him 3-A because of a bunch of assumption.

Dbz working like that only justifies the characters actually doing the feats, if they don't do shit then there is nothing to justify and thus they get nothing

In dbz not training can also make you super weak.

In dbz not training can also make you super weak.
It doesn't, it just makes you rusty. Vegeta referred to adolescent Gohan as out of shape, and the Daizenshuu notes that his power stagnated as a result of not training between the Cell Games and the Majin Buu Conflict. And, between the Majin Buu Conflict and the Golden Frieza Saga, Gohan once again neglected his training but was capable of defeating Tagoma, whom he stated was comparable to himself at his peak. It can be assumed that Goku did not get to train between the 23rd Budokai and the events of the Raditz, but he was still more powerful than Piccolo was, despite Piccolo training extensively.

But, I agree with Ionliosite. This future Goku appeared one time in GT's final episode and one time in
A Hero's Legacy, with no feats, no explanation as to how he is there, and barely any dialogue. There is no reason for his key to even exist given the amount of unknown unknowns. Also, unless I'm missing something, there is no evidence to suggest that this Goku is "above the events of the Shadow Dragons Saga".

Honestly, if we base it on the shown increases he gets after 15 years from Z to GT, which saw his base surpass his old SSJ3 self, then yeah his base is probably above his old SSJ4 self from Shadow Dragon Saga after 100 years of training, likely even above SSJ4 Gogeta if we assume his growth rate is even close throughout, but unfortunately we never see him fight or get a direct statement about his power. We do know that Vegeta feels he is going to train, which fits his character so he most likely is, I could see "At least 3-B, possibly 3-A" based on conservative scaling. Realistically though I don't blame people if they want to leave him as unknown though since it's all implied scaling.

I really do wish they would do a special or something on him after GT. Would be fire to see him train after the Shadow Dragon Saga, maybe meet a new enemy even stronger than Omega Shenron.

I still think we would be better off by just removing it since we don't really know what this is, since GT never explains how Goku is an adult, alive after 100 years, or why does he has those flickers of suddenly appearing and disappearing. It's just a huge mystery filled with vagueness.

Back