• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

┬┐question about featherine and The Creator?

it's Featherine "Creator" or not? or The Creator is a "Omnipotente" being in Umineko?

because she create the Umineko Tale....and in some traduction Featherine is the "only creator"....

plz, give me answerd about that, whit scans from the Visual novel and manga adaptation

I'm not an Umineko expert, but from what I heard, Featherine is not a Creator and is only limited by the Creator.

Reppuzan said:
I'm not an Umineko expert, but from what I heard, Featherine is not a Creator and is only limited by the Creator.
so, if this is true, hera Have feats, scans, mentions, quotes, etc from Manga adaptation, Visual Novel and the Creator of the Work?, because the "notes" of the Tow here does not convince me at all, y w ant a explanation for this... :/

its a doubt, because even in the wiki in english, spanish (or japanes) Featherine not have this title of "creator"....but some places or users (im not mention or link of this) say that shi is "the creator" which, Maria (whitch of origins) follow her and metion in "plural" (featherine) in the manga, and other things....

PD: thx and sry for my bad english :p

"Featherine isn't "a" Creator. The English translation says something like "Featherine transcended the level of witches and became a Creator". However, the Japanese version stated that Featherine transcended the realm of witches and reached the realm of the Creator, but she only touched the last boundary. Anyone who actually becomes part of the Creator is completely erased, due to loss of all restrictions, including life, death, and meaning. This also explains why "Creators" does not make sense. The Japanese version has no plural."

As stated on her page.

Promestein said:
"Featherine isn't "a" Creator. The English translation says something like "Featherine transcended the level of witches and became a Creator". However, the Japanese version stated that Featherine transcended the realm of witches and reached the realm of the Creator, but she only touched the last boundary. Anyone who actually becomes part of the Creator is completely erased, due to loss of all restrictions, including life, death, and meaning. This also explains why "Creators" does not make sense. The Japanese version has no plural."
As stated on her page.
scans for this? :/

Well, we got the information from DarkLK and the Anime Characters Fight wiki, so I do not think that we have the exact scans available.

Or rather, we used to link to several of their scans regarding the issue, but then they deleted them, out of annoyance with western fans, who did not properly understand the terminology.

DarkLK has stated that he is unwilling to provide us with new ones:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/485946

If it's of any help, this is why Featherine =/= The Creator.

The reason Featherine is so powerful is due to essentially touching the barest portion of the Creator's realm/true self, but now fully entering so as not to be consumed by it. Featherine is still limited by a sense of self, which one loses when they become part of the Creator, since you are no longer you, but merely another part of something greater. Sort of like reaching Nirvana. This stops her from fully having the powers of the Creator, because if she did, she wouldn't be Feathrine. Featherine would no longer be.

I believe "The Creator" is just a metaphor for the concept of imagination. Due to the connections between the Umineko story and the novel creator Tohya Hachijo, and how the Umineko stories themselves may not be real in its own verse (hard to explain this properly) and merely a story, I think that "The Creator" is simply supposed to represent Tohya Hachijo's imagination/the author's imagination, and Featherine/everything else would be a product of it. This explains how it is boundless and above all. You could perhaps think of Featherine as Tohya's/the author's projection onto the story.

LoliPower said:
"The Creator" itself does not need to be a distinct entity in and of itself, but is more a concept such as Nirvana. Regardless, it would still be the verse's supreme "being", and the source of all there is.

Back