• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Duality

Should two concepts be dependent on each other like night, day and life, death to be classified as part of duality? If so then what about space and time? Are they not dependent on each other because they are the same(space-time)? The concept of dimension as well, what concept is its opposing force or what concept is it in dual of?

Need evidences from philosophy papers or links.

Note: There's no "duality" page here so I just pick "transduality" as the topic

Although they are technically "the same" in the sense that they are interconnected and one is required for the other one to exist, space-time govern different dimensional axis. Space is spacial axis like height, width and depth which Time is it's own temporal axis.

There's much debate over this ideaology, for example, I am of the opinion that Space and Time are a dichotomy but not a Duality.

Space is much "stronger" than time, as Space can exist without time, but time cannot exist without space, An example, if I removed time from the Universe, there would still be a Universe, it's just that nothing would happen, however, if I did the opposite, remove space and kept time, nothing would be there, as Time is merely the measurement of Change within space.

As for Dimensions, they're just vectors of movement, higher dimensions aren't the same as fiction portrays them, Higher dimensions just allow for different levels of movement, which is also why I disagree with people say Higher Dimensions bypasses Type 5 acausality or Transdualism:

Because no matter what level of movement you have, as that is all that higher dimensions are, if I punch you, you will still be hurt by it, cause and effect don't change as you go into higher dimensions, nor does Duality, in higher or lower dimensions, light and dark are the same, good and evil are the same and so on.

But in the end, it's up for you, you should go out and use some critical thinking and develop your own ideas, expand your mind.

Back