• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about calc stacks.

If X dodges Y at a speed that, through calculation, would need to be 4x the speed of Y's attack, and this isn't contradicted over the course of the series, could we scale X to a value of 4x Y in terms of overall speed?

I understand that this would lead to a flood in the CRT section, and be a nightmare to edit in, but are there other issues?

I think that would be calc stacking, yes. At least, if the speed of Y you're talking about here is something that's been calculated, then yes using the result of a calc (that isn't something like the size of an object) to then do another calc is stacking.

I think that would be calc stacking, yes. At least, if the speed of Y you're talking about here is something that's been calculated, then yes using the result of a calc (that isn't something like the size of an object) to then do another calc is stacking.
No, the calc isn't being used to do another calc. It's a separate calc to determine how much faster than Y X is.

No, the calc isn't being used to do another calc. It's a separate calc to determine how much faster than Y X is.
Stryker basically said what I mean. If Y has a stated speed (or you pick a speed based on reasonable assumptions) it's fine. If you use the result of an existing calc to then determine how much faster X is, then no that isn't allowed.

Stryker basically said what I mean. If Y has a stated speed (or you pick a speed based on reasonable assumptions) it's fine. If you use the result of an existing calc to then determine how much faster X is, then no that isn't allowed.
No, I mean a calc devoid of actual values, like "X has to move at 3x Y's speed" which could apply at literally any speed Y has.

No, I mean a calc devoid of actual values, like "X has to move at 3x Y's speed" which could apply at literally any speed Y has.
I think that's allowed? The closest thing I can think of that you could use for a precedent is Sonic's Spindash Amp Calc which pretty much just measures the distance characters moved on screen in a given timeframe, and then divided them to get a multiplier.

umm its fine to calc as like a general thing if x moved 4x faster than y but if you are trying to get something accepted it has to have like a final value/speed i think.

Funilly enough 2 days ago i did a calc finding minatoes speed for flicking a kunai to ay. lmk if you wanne see it

Back