• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about adding Destiny characters to the wiki

I mean, but there are a couple statements on it, and the second one blatantly states it as being "infinite-dimensional functional space". Seeing as it was Hilbert space, I don't think it is too absurd to assume it functions too much different than three-dimensional Euclidean space.

"Hilbert-space" is the transcendence of finiteness, but maybe we should find more statements for the basis of their Tiering, not that I'm against the initial one.

Also, can't believe I skimmed over this the first time, but they pretty explicitly refer to this Hilbert Space as a "Functional Space".

This isn't inaccurate. The problem is that function spaces aren't real, physical things. Hence why infinite-dimensional function spaces often appear in mathematics, but we don't treat the universe as having infinite spatial dimensions.

It's just a case of "use mathematical/scientific terms as scifi jargon".

"You should now be entering Hilbert space, if the Taken have not misaligned the Pyramidion's base geometric intuitions."

"I did not sneeze, you fool. It is an infinite-dimensional functional space, the Vex often - Oh, why am I wasting my breath!"

Well, there's an exclamation from a separate character in between them, but you could say that. I don't see why the statement wouldn't be acceptable. Though, I will study it more to see what other statements there are regarding higher dimensions in Destiny. I watched further in the video and they mentioned an "interdimensional terminal".

I agree with Azzy and Everlasting afn, wouldn't be surprised though if the opposite was true considering Destiny's lore.

Also yes, it'd be nice to continue solidifying stats such as tiers for the characters with everyone on the same page with the info we have, otherwise it could be unnecessarily hard to make a profile.

Back