• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about adding Destiny characters to the wiki

Are the abilities of the Templar and Atheon limited to the Vault of Glass?

"The Templar and the Oracles guard the way into the deeper Vault. Legends say that the Oracles foresee what is to come, a world as the Vex desire it - and that the Templar has the power to shape reality to match the Oracles' design, expunging any threats."

The inside of The Pyramidion was stated by Asher Mir to be an Infinite Dimensional Hilbert Space.

Source

(Skip to 7:13 and read the dialogue, yes, I know its a letsplay but its the only video I could find with the dialogue in it.)

So.....High 1-B Atheon, Panoptes, and Brakion then, as the Vault of Glass and Infinite Forest should have an indiviual pymardian powering them (according to this , if I'm reading it correctlly), which would also scale to Ociris and thus the Traveler and Darkness....interseting to say the very least.

Holyhotsauce said:
Careful, as it stands there are no other statemments nor feats that would suggest anything above Multi-Universe Level, maybe even lower.
Technically there's the Infinite Forest containing simulations of infinite universes, though I haven't played Curse of Osiris.

I was about to get to that, the exact number is a bit shady but Osiris both says it Simulates Trillions upon Trillions of realities and other times he says it simulates infinite realities. However, there are indications to the number being infinite with the name being 'Infinite Forest' and Panoptes' epithet being 'Infinite Mind'.

Here is a statement about the Infinite Forest from Osiris:

"An infinity of possible worlds, so perfectly simulated as to be indistinguishable from the experiences I once called "reality." I can touch them, taste them, pass lifetimes in them! They grow within this machine like fruit upon a tree — no, a forest of trees, its fractal expansion nigh unmeasurable. (...) What an awful, destructive machine this is. I must know everything about it."

Osiris

To be fair the statement was told by Asher, who is likely more reliable then most in the Destiny verse (although it is possible he was just using word salad, like he usually does).

I lean towards the Infinite Forest and the destiny verse in general containing infinite realites personally given what the game and grimore cards say, though they do consistentally say "trillion" as well when on the subject.

The Everlasting said:
Holyhotsauce said:
Careful, as it stands there are no other statemments nor feats that would suggest anything above Multi-Universe Level, maybe even lower.
Technically there's the Infinite Forest containing simulations of infinite universes, though I haven't played Curse of Osiris.
As someone who's played CoO, it does (at the very least trillions of trillions). We could also use the Vex feats from the Book of Sorrows to help with the gauge of Vex scaling. Im just happy this is receiving more and more attention lol

So if someone were to transcend all of space and time in Destiny, would they be 1-A?

https://www.destinypedia.com/Darkness

"What if I told you that eons beyond the void lie worlds that do yearn to aid in our struggle? What if I told you there is a way to grant them passage into your mind, to let them guide your eye against our one true enemy? That they have told me that the dusk of the pyramid draws nigh? Would you believe me?"

—Eye of Another World descriptio

"The Darkness is a powerful, paracausal alien force inimical to the Light.

https://www.destinypedia.com/Light

"The Light lives in all places, in all things. You can block it, even try to trap it, but the Light will find its way."

—The Speaker.

From the sound of it, the Darkness exists beyond causality and the void that predates though pyramids that have infinite-dimensional, functional Hilbert space, and the Light(the main weapon that the characters fight with), exists within all things as another force beyond causality.

To me, this sounds like a case of "At least High 1-B, likely 1-A(The Darkness exists beyond the void that predates infinite-dimensional space, as a force that is beyond causality. | The Light exists within all things, which the verse has a place beyond the void that predates infinite-dimensional space, and is a force that is beyond causality).

This is a very old thread. Perhaps it should be closed?

Okay. I will move it to general discussion.

@Hadou Hold it, it is highly unlikely for the majority of those to wield the light or darkness to be using the full potential of the light or darkness as if they did, they would've destroyed the Vault of Glass and Infinite Forest, which are both powered by Pyrimadions, without trouble which was not the case, as the bosses in said areas couldn't be harmed by the guardians unless they fulfilled a certain task beforehand. So I wouldn't go assuming everyone who weilds the light/darkness is 1-A.

Oh.... my apologies, I was just a little concerned and got assumptive (the irony there tho)

Though about what you've said, a good contender of someone hat could scale to this would possibly be Osiris, as he has had decades of experience with the light and was able to fight back against Panoptes, who had control over the Infinite Forest, for a long enough time to make Panoptes vulnerable to the guardian's attacks.

Going to echo my sentiment from another time about not jumping the gun on the single High 1-B statement, considering not only does the area not function at all like higher-dimensional space, but the characters using it do not have sufficient resources or tech to carry out their plan of fully merging with the universe's space-time, yet.

The infinite forest was made by those same characters, by the way. Make of that what you will when determining how much the simulation scales to anything.

I do agree with Azzy. As much as I'd absolutely adore High 1-B Destiny (And it is basically a legit feat at least), I'd really rather we analyze everything Destiny actually has (Which we don't seem to be doing) than jump on a single statement.

@Azzy

To be fair, do we even know how higher dimensions are supposed to work? Or do you mean something more specific?

Ah, I see.

Like I said, Destiny is a very large and honestly confusing verse in terms of the lore.

I'd really prefer we have one or multiple users research it and come to a consensus, rather than just find a random statement and use it as the basis for everything.

Back