• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about 2 abilities Laharl is listed as having

Okay. I will remove the two abilities.

Resistance to Amnesia ailment in general (which is canon, remember that Item world is tied to the main story ever since the first Disgaea) would be enough to qualify.

Why was his resistance to soul manipulation removed as well? Not only does Deprave qualify in much the same way, basically every character can expend their mana to create new units, soul and all, in the Dark Assembly, and on top of all of that soul-feuled attacks/items are spammed to next Friday through basically the entire series.

ThePerpetual said:
Resistance to Amnesia ailment in general (which is canon, remember that Item world is tied to the main story ever since the first Disgaea) would be enough to qualify.
Why was his resistance to soul manipulation removed as well? Not only does Deprave qualify in much the same way, basically every character can expend their mana to create new units, soul and all, in the Dark Assembly, and on top of all of that soul-feuled attacks/items are spammed to next Friday through basically the entire series.
arn't the attacks used magic though?

Or is magic tied to the soul I guess that's why it would be put as SP

Also how does the Depaved States effect count as soul manipulation

@ThePerpetual Okay. You can restore them if you wish.

I remember distinctly that several soul-based abilities inflicted Deprave at some point. Furthermore, since leveling up/obtaining resources is part of the canon proper, and mana: the raw energy obtained from defeating an enemy that makes up a unit created in the Dark Assembly (including its soul): is such a resource that Deprave would prevent one from obtaining. Thus, resistance to Deprave = resistance to one's soul being blocked from accepting mana, a form of manipulating the soul (and we know that demons do have souls, the whole Red Moon arc proves that much).

If all of this still isn't enough, there's probably a lot to work with in Phantom Brave (where Laharl and the gang made appearances), though I'd have to go back and search for specific instances.

@Antvasima Alright.

@Perpetual fair enough

but you mentioned that there were soul-fulled attacks I don't remember any

But then again I tend to forget a lot of stuff

however Magichange IF the Evility's that buff magichange are anything to go by Is also a form of soul manipulation also i'm guessing Laharl gets Teleknises from his meteor impact considering he doesn't create the meteor and he doesn't physically rip it out of the sky

ANd i just realized that Nipponverse characters in general can Confine their soul's to objects (the entire plot of makai kingdom is somewhat based around this)

Back