• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PvZ: Speed Revision

Reasoning

The verse is filled with many lightning-based characters, with some being able to perform cloud-to-ground lightning feats (these are described as storm clouds) and even Power Chomper has a speed upgrade called "Lightning Speed" that lets him move nearly at this speed of lightning". This should consistently make lightning based plants like Lightning Reed and Power Chomper Massively Hypersonic+.
Added on by @JustANormalLemon:
I mean, we already have consistent Hypersonic speeds with the likes of meteor flower attacks
And electricity based attacks are very common on the franchise
Other examples of lightning that actually naturally comes from the sky
And we also have more meteor action

How this affects the scaling

All lightning based plants would get Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed. Power Chomper has Massively Hypersonic speed, due to his previous statement about being near the speed of lightning (should be >50%) with the other heroes, spawnables and bosses scaling comparably to him.

(Only counting staff votes)

Agree: Sir_Ovens, Dereck03

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Do we know if these cloud to ground lightning strikes are natural?

the conjured ones are 100% not natural lol.

But I would say chomper ability + the sheer amount of eletricity based attacks in the franchise makes up for that

Not really knowledgeable on PvZ but that lightning speed statement is pretty blatant
I mean, we alread have consistent Hypersonic with the likes of meteor flower attacks
And eletricity based attacks are very common on the franchise

I wouldn't say It's that much of a outlier

other exemples, thouse are lightning that actually comes from the sky trough

we also have more meteor action

any way, hypersonic and massive hypersonic isn't a water PvZ never stepped the foot on

Thinking now, thw addtions are probable fine for projectile and attack speed, but do we have any other evidence of movement speed and reaction speed?

Thinking now, thw addtions are probable fine for projectile and attack speed, but do we have any other evidence of movement speed and reaction speed?
The heroes can react to every electric attack in the game when they use the super block meter, electric attacks being all the plant/zombie cards and Electric Boogaloo

The heroes can react to every electric attack in the game when they use the super block meter, electric attacks being all the plant/zombie cards and Electric Boogaloo
Do we know if the super block is automatic or not? and they can be aim blocking too(also, eletric Boogaloo can't attack the oponent direct with any of his superpowers)

not to mention they need to be hitted at least 3 times before beinga ble to block something with the super block meter

other exemples, thouse are lightning that actually comes from the sky trough
Can anyone react to these attacks in the game?

I think i can agree with "Possibly/Likely Massively Hypersonic+"
I disagree, this should just scale to the verse projectiles and attacks sinse mostly all attacks in the verse travel at similar speed and in the shooters you basically can't really dodge projectiles and there is basically no "dodge" mechanic in any of the games, so ever attack being to fast for anyone to react makes sense to me(trough this would obviousl only apply to PVZ heroes and the shooters)
The characters have animations guarding themselves to form the super block meter, this is a reaction speed feat
Aim blocking then

I disagree, this should just scale to the verse projectiles and attacks sinse mostly all attacks in the verse travel at similar speed and in the shooters you basically can't really dodge projectiles and there is basically no "dodge" mechanic in any of the games, so ever attack being to fast for anyone to react makes sense to me(trough this would obviousl only apply to PVZ heroes and the shooters)
DId you quote the wrong person or....

This isn't aim dodging, the animation happens after the attack has been done

Okay, game mechanics then
Maybe? I'm not too, sure since it's not in anything outside of the game apart from promotional material like trailers, but still idk. I think just having hero/gw characters have MHS speed by being comparable to Electric Chomper is good enough, and only have electric based characters have their attack speeds at MHS+

Last edited:
Back