• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Punch Out Discussion Thread.

As the name applies, discussions solely for Punch out.
little_mac_by_kien_biu_dens2mv-fullview.jpg

Oop, the one I posted was redundant. To repeat stuff I said there though:

Found a bunch from the Wii intros. Soda Popinski pulling a truck was calc'd already. Also mentioned in that blog's comments, but the soda he was using gave him stat amps too cause science.

Was interested in doing some calcs and stuff for the others though, like Bear Hugger hauling a bear and sled with supplies up a steep incline (less lifting strength than Popinski, but still is something for him besides 'him training with bears'), Bald Bull seeming to have trained to withstand the charge of a bull, and doing so without so much as being knocked down, and a recalc of Don Flamenco punching a bull out of the ring.

Also, Great Tiger has floating. Seems to attune with various forces of nature (water, frost, and nature/flora) too. Idk what to do with that, but good on him for accomplishing those things.

Average Bull weight: Between 500 and 1,000 kg, so I'll be using a low and high end here, since there's no specific weight given.

The top speeds of a Bull clock in at 35 mph, or roughly 15.6 m/s.

KE Formula (low end): 1/2 * 500 * 15.6^2 = 60,840 Joules (Wall level)

KE Formula (high end): 1/2 * 1000 * 15.6^2 = 121,680 Joules (Wall level)

About what I was expecting.
Damn that was fast. Good supporting feat.

Found a bunch from the Wii intros. Soda Popinski pulling a truck was calc'd already. Also mentioned in that blog's comments, but the soda he was using gave him stat amps too cause science.
I discussed with Neko and this is actually more powerful then it is: JUST ONE BOTTLE amped him to pull a truck already, and Pops actually doses on this much daily (Yes, they are also official)... So he's FAAAAAAR STRONGER then a 10 as he just keeps getting more powerful with all those consumptions, the monitor even says 100 percent and was braking, 100 percent according to Neko is 2x the amount. The rating will actually be astronomically higher not just LS, but AP and Speed too, thanks to the amounts he drinks on a daily basis, and those who scale/upscale. We just have to count how many bottles he drinks on that comic panel.
Was interested in doing some calcs and stuff for the others though, like Bear Hugger hauling a bear and sled with supplies up a steep incline (less lifting strength than Popinski, but still is something for him besides 'him training with bears'), Bald Bull seeming to have trained to withstand the charge of a bull, and doing so without so much as being knocked down, and a recalc of Don Flamenco punching a bull out of the ring.
There are also these other comics to take into account and Flamenco says it's a casual feat for him.
Also, Great Tiger has floating. Seems to attune with various forces of nature (water, frost, and nature/flora) too. Idk what to do with that, but good on him for accomplishing those things.
I'll think about that.

I discussed with Neko and this is actually more powerful then it is: JUST ONE BOTTLE amped him to pull a truck already, and Pops actually doses on this much daily (Yes, they are also official)... So he's FAAAAAAR STRONGER then a 10 as he just keeps getting more powerful with all those consumptions, the monitor even says 100 percent and was braking, 100 percent according to Neko is 2x the amount. The rating will actually be astronomically higher not just LS, but AP and Speed too, thanks to the amounts he drinks on a daily basis, and those who scale/upscale. We just have to count how many bottles he drinks on that comic panel.
That's worrying. Not for the verse; this is great. Just reminding me of a Jack Hanma kind of deal.
Hope to at least try and calc this before someone beats me to it lmao

OK...

Amongst the things worth noting for now: I recall that the Wreck It-Sandman building busting feat came out as Small Building+ but apparently it's just wall?? That can't be, even being aware of the whole "We don't know exactly how long it took to do it" Ordeal (I say its still higher, considering he still caused bigger cracks on the building and I swear guys, it looks like Sandy is also shaking it regardless, and it's wide as **** in the end). Sandman has a much higher speed rating, considering that the dude is SO FAST that he creates a brief framed flash of light, and Mac can still best him (the verse is already absurd as it is, so I'd give it a shot). Mac's LS is far more then the current measly rating, considering Mac sent flying a focking Cracked Out Popinski that pulled trucks with nothing but his teeth and keeps getting stronger from the immense amount of Monster drinks he consumes as seen in the comic, its daily (Popinski drank A TON of these sodas mid battle, and yet Mac STILL SENDS HIM FLYING XD).
There are other useful abilities to take into account for Mac too, the ones I can name:
There is more I missed. Specifically Super, and other potential connections to Punch Out.

Amongst the things worth noting for now: I recall that the Wreck It-Sandman building busting feat came out as Small Building+ but apparently it's just wall?? That can't be, even being aware of the whole "We don't know exactly how long it took to do it" Ordeal (I say its still higher, considering he still caused bigger cracks on the building and I swear guys, it looks like Sandy is also shaking it regardless, and it's wide as **** in the end)
Did it take a few punches to destroy the building? If so, then that's like 9-A.

Sandman has a much higher speed rating, considering that the dude is SO FAST that he creates a brief framed flash of light, and Mac can still best him (the verse is already absurd as it is, so I'd give it a shot).
SOL Punch Out when?

Looking at everything else, and...

Wow. The Punch Out verse was missing a lot.

Did it take a few punches to destroy the building? If so, then that's like 9-A.
It seems like it was more than a few punches. Like a lot. But then again, he wasn't fatigued, seemed like the few punches we do see in the third panel did have massive repercussions on the small building, and he does turn it into rubble by the end of his angry.
(I say its still higher, considering he still caused bigger cracks on the building and I swear guys, it looks like Sandy is also shaking it regardless, and it's wide as **** in the end).
Also, having the still, yes, the 'motion' effect that's seen in various others (notably when don flamenco is punching the bull) is in fact on the building.
Wow. The Punch Out verse was missing a lot.
Yup.
TY

Okay, I'm back!
It seems like it was more than a few punches. Like a lot. But then again, he wasn't fatigued, seemed like the few punches we do see in the third panel did have massive repercussions on the small building, and he does turn it into rubble by the end of his angry.
Also, having the still, yes, the 'motion' effect that's seen in various others (notably when don flamenco is punching the bull) is in fact on the building.
So, yeah... This was crucial, yet it was not taken into account until now. It's definitively not 9-B, but much higher considering SHAKING A FOCKING BUILDING as it is, obviously requires much more force considering the magnitude it will take to do such (It's not even a house per say! It's a pretty WIDE urban building as agreed upon).
Wall level never felt right.
This lad gets it too amongst others, yes, 9-B also never sat well with me. At the very least I expect 9-A again via the violent magnitudes Sandman does, and thanks to Stretch, there is A LOT of motion going on after all.

(I swear this is some TF2 nerfing logic all over again, that is festering for the future too).
good idea! I can make my Weight lifting blog for the weight lifting feats of punch out!
So yeah Neko, this is a really good one here regarding the magnitudes shaking of the building in general.

Not only that, but also these to take into account of course:
I discussed with Neko and this is actually more powerful then it is: JUST ONE BOTTLE amped him to pull a truck already, and Pops actually doses on this much daily (Yes, they are also official)... So he's FAAAAAAR STRONGER then a 10, as he just keeps getting more powerful with all those consumptions, the monitor even says 100 percent and was braking, 100 percent according to Neko is 2x the amount. The rating will actually be astronomically higher not just LS, but AP and Speed too, thanks to the amounts he drinks on a daily basis, and those who scale/upscale. We just have to count how many bottles he drinks on that comic panel as that is how much he consumes daily, which grows the power which one already does by pulling trucks.
Sandman has a much higher speed rating, considering that the dude is SO FAST that he creates a brief framed flash of light, and Mac can still best him (the verse is already absurd as it is, so I'd give it a shot).

Okay, I'm back!

So, yeah... This was crucial, yet it was not taken into account until now. It's definitively not 9-B, but much higher considering SHAKING A FOCKING BUILDING as it is, obviously requires much more force considering the magnitude it will take to do such (It's not even a house per say! It's a pretty WIDE urban building as agreed upon).
Yall alright if I go for a recalc of Mr.Sandman, both the still showing damage, and the still with damage and shaking?
This lad gets it too amongst others, yes, 9-B also never sat well with me. At the very least I expect 9-A again via the violent magnitudes Sandman does, and thanks to Stretch, there is A LOT of motion going on after all.
Wall level seems fine for the mid tiers (Don Flamenco calc I did was consistently wall level for each low and high end), but the higher ends definitely seem higher, especially factoring in Donkey Kong of all characters.

Totally unrelated but does anyone know the actual formula or method of calcing an explosion? Yield and Radius pages confuse the shit out of me and am trying to calc explosions in Steven Universe lol

Last edited:
Yall alright if I go for a recalc of Mr.Sandman, both the still showing damage, and the still with damage and shaking?
Wall level seems fine for the mid tiers (Don Flamenco calc I did was consistently wall level for each low and high end), but the higher ends definitely seem higher, especially factoring in Donkey Kong of all characters.
I don't know if Neko already did it unless Neko has a say. Maybe ask the user idk, but the verse is still much more then 9-B regardless of the tiers. the multipliers that are yet to be counted and applied will genuinely help with the scale/upscale to 9-A or an 8-C even XD.

For DK's case it would be interesting, sadly may doubt that we are going to get a 6-B Mac (though I dare say, Louis references Nintendo Club every time).
Totally unrelated but does anyone know the actual formula or method of calcing an explosion? Yield and Radius pages confuse the shit out of me and am trying to calc explosions in Steven Universe lol
At some point I remember SU having some MFTL+ speeds (Spinel is MVP and it would be awesome to see her at that level)

At some point I remember SU having some MFTL+ speeds (Spinel is MVP and it would be awesome to see her at that level)
There are numerous times they react to, and dodge light based attacks. They seem to be consistently relativistic in calcs I've seen.

I'm just... I've tried across multiple calcs to wrap my head around the two pages on explosions mentioned, and at this point I just feel like there's got to be a better or simpler way to understand/calc explosions that I'm just not understanding. Not confident in the results I've gotten across those multiple calcs.

The explosion stuff isn't really that complicated when you get around to it
just take the appropriate formula and slap the values in the right place
"Using the formula from the explosion yield calculations page, R = Y^(1/3)*0.28, where Y is the yield in kilotons and R the radius in km, so that:
  • Yield*2 ==> Radius*2^(1/3) = Radius*1.26
  • Yield*5 ==> Radius*5^(1/3) = Radius*1.71
  • Yield*10 ==> Radius*10^(1/3) = Radius*2.1544
Since the calculator didn't give results below 1 kiloton, the above would be useful; using these lists we will find the required area."

"W = R^3*((27136*P+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2, where W is the yield in tons of TNT, R is the radius in meters, and P is the shockwave pressure in bars, where we generally use 1.37895 bars or 20 psi of pressure. For this specific formula, there is no need to divide the result by 2.[2]"

Good guidance, but which? And if the first, what does the Yield*2/5/10 mean?

Back