• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psylocke vs Sans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the case ends up being, I put them 10 meters apart in the OP. I'll let y'all decide if it's still a stomp.

I, though, am going to unfollow the thread for the time being.

So...

the only way sans can win is if the enemy acts OOC.

I guess I'll put a random haxless 8-C and say he can win if sans doesn't use his hax, so it's fair to add.

Sorry Ricsi, but the bias is really showing here. I will just point you to a match you did yourself. Cough. If you can explain me how, going by your own arguments on why this is a stomp, the match you created was not one then go ahead.Sans has clear ways to kill her here. Just because ones on thought compared to the others dosnt make it an stomp.

For the time being i vote Anne FRA

Yes i did the joke again. Psylocke FRA

There are several ways the protege could have won. All he needed to do was litirally sdit back, increase in power and proceed to laugh at zenos erasure due to being higher D.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
There are several ways the protege could have won. All he needed to do was litirally sdit back, increase in power and proceed to laugh at zenos erasure due to being higher D.
So its a OOC win. Nice hypocrisy here.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No...
That is what he was planning to do against TOAA and the tribunnal.
Implying that Zeno would wait that long. I referred to Zeno when i talked about OOC. You want to tell me that the match is fair because Proteges only way of winning is waiting till he growed to high for Zeno? Yeah no. If the Zeno match was fair, then so is this match.

Zeno only erased the universe when he had actual reason. Also gonna point out that his erasure isn't instantenious, so the protege could litirally erase him back.

Right so i can assume that your Zeno match is spite because apperently Protege can fight back but better not mention it so Zeno can get a win?

It just came to mind, actually. (Well, just a few minutes ago)

It wasn't added yet, so I'll probably bring it up there.

Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that sanses only way to win relies on his enemy doing something they don't do.

I don't agree with this being a stomp for the same reason that I didn't agree with Flagg VS Hatchworth being a stomp.

A character being able to clunk their opponent with exactly one ability shouldn't qualify a match as a stomp when the enemy has multiple ways to win and the match comes down to a "who hits first?" scenario.

9 times out of 10, people don't even make this claim unless this kind of scenario leads their preferred character losing, or a character they dislike winning.

That isn't the problem here.

This isn't a who hits first scenario. Sans is litirally unable to hit before he is tought to death.

I wholeheartedly hate sans, mostly due to the fandom behind him, but I believe I always disagreed with wins that litirally have one character think while the other can only attack normally.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
That isn't the problem here.
This isn't a who hits first scenario. Sans is litirally unable to hit before he is tought to death.
Because he isn't fast enough? Yeah, that was my point.

Because of range and SBA? Literally just ask the OP put them within range of each other. Problem solved.

If, say, her mindhax or TK were done through handwaving instead of on tought, then I would agree that this isn't a stomp.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
If, say, her mindhax or TK was done through handwaving instead of on tought, then I would agree that this isn't a stomp.
So you're saying it's a stomp because it's a "who hit's first?" scenario that Psylocke wins because she can activate faster.

Again, my point. Those reasons by themselves don't qualify the match as a stomp at all.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
So you're saying it's a stomp because it's a "who hit's first?" scenario that Psylocke wins because she can activate faster.

Again, my point.
no....

I just said that the problem is that sans has litirally nothing fast enough to hit her. It's not that she is more likely to hit, it's that she is assured to hit faster than he can even activate his attacks.

If she did it through, again, something like handwaving then I would simply vote her because sans doesn't start with stuff that kill her while she does.

Facepalm3
So in other words, everything he has can one-shot her, but she wins because she has exactly one go-to power that activates faster than his attacks do.

That is the epitome of my point. Something like that does not constitute a stomp unless it's passive, which in this case, it's not.

She has multiple go to abilities and what he starts with does't one-shot her.

My problem isn't "she shoots faster", it's "she shoots an undogable bullet sans has no way to dodge and is faster than anything he can activate."

Sge could also simply stop all of his attacks with TK, as she can predict everything with telepathy and none of his abilities can get past being simply stopped.

His normal attacks, that she can predict by rteading his mind, stop with telekinesis, and throw back at him?

Ricsi-viragosi said:

She has multiple go to abilities and what he starts with does't one-shot her.

My problem isn't "she shoots faster", it's "she shoots an undogable bullet sans has no way to dodge and is faster than anything he can activate."
AKA: She hits him before he can hit her.

She has never stopped lasers or soul-TK with her telekinesis, and both of those one-shot her. Meanwhile her only go-to ability that actually outpaces his attacks' activation time is her telepathy. That's it.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Sge could also simply stop all of his attacks with TK, as she can predict everything with telepathy and none of his abilities can get past being simply stopped.
What someone does and doesn't do in-character shouldn't constitute a stomp either. They're not losing because there's nothing they can do; they're losing because they failed to do the thing that wins them the match.

AKA: She hits him before he can hit her

Yes. You say it as if being able to one-shot the enemy before they can do anything is not a stomp. Even if sans had full knowledge and was bloodlusted he still wouldn't be able to even scratch her.

She has never stopped lasers or soul-TK with her telekinesis, and both of those one-shot her. Meanwhile her only go-to ability that actually outpaces his attacks' activation time is her telepathy. That's it.

She doesn't need to stop lasers, only the blasters. And soul? They are perfectly physical.

Wait, really? Her only power that she can activate on tought is telepathy? Not mind-hax?

What someone does and doesn't do in-character shouldn't constitute a stomp either. They're not losing because there's nothing they can do; they're losing because they failed to do the thing that wins them the match.

I assumed she can mindhax at tought, which I'm pretty sure others agreed on above, which as I already said he cannot do anything about, no matter what he starts with.

But if she can only do something non-lethal on tought... then how does Gar's vote count? He's vote relies on her using a tought based killing move before he uses TK, which he believes one-shots her.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Wait, really? Her only power that she can activate on tought is telepathy? Not mind-hax?
Her telepathy is where her mindhax comes from...

Then she still mindhaxes before sans can do anything.

Even if he was bloodlusted and given full knowledhe, she would still kill him before he can do anything.

All of his attacks either habe charging, or need to travel at least a meter to hit her.

Mindhaxing someone before they can pull off an attack that one-shots you does not constitute a stomp.

I'm going to keep saying this until it takes.

How does killing someone faster than they can do anything not a stomp?

Also, can't she just create forcefields to stop the attacks?

The operative there was "before they can pull off an attack that one-shots".

This (which is most likely what she would use to block a projectile or whatever) does not stop him from TKing her. Only this would save her from something like that, and as far as my recollection goes, she's only done it once, when she was being attacked from all sides and had to protect someone else as well as herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back