• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Protagonist tier list

The real cal howard said:
I like hearing rants, so yes (and this is actually me being sincere rather than sarcastic or baiting lol)
which tier falls Sockpuppets under, out of these categories?

Okay, time for Gurren Lagann gushing.

Simon is phenomenal. He starts off as a scared little kid, but luckily he has Kamina to cover up for him. That is.... Until he dies. Then, Simon is sent into an emotional crisis, because he thinks he's nothing without Kamina. However, eventually, he learns to man up after he gets some encouragement from Nia, and he eventually grows into Kamina's shoes.

Oh also he kills a god. But eh, details.

@DMUA. What I find really funny is that I really relate to Simon. Also, Kamina steals the main protagonist's love interest as well as his attention, and Nia is just the rebound girl and this is total bait

Simon is the equivalent of Japanese Superman, I think.

The real cal howard said:
I like hearing rants, so yes (and this is actually me being sincere rather than sarcastic or baiting lol)

"So, to review, Rey's literal flaws are: she wants to find people to love and give her guidance, she believes in the good in people even if they're evil. There is nothing wrong with this heavenly creature, no hardship or cross she has to bear. She's not greedy, prideful, self-centered, emotionally stunted, emotionally unstable, selfish, reckless, overconfident, naive, blinded by love, womanizing, stupid, psychopathic, self-righteous, narcissistic, inexperienced, overly ambitious, narrow-minded, morally ambiguous, or arrogant. She has no vendetta, addiction, superiority complex, bloodlust, jealously, or lust for power, she is a person with no flaw that could be considered something to work on personally while being incredible at every activity she engages in. This, in common analysis, is known as a Mary Sue. As much as people fight the tide on this, it is exactly what Rey is, she is a classic example, it has nothing to do with her being a girl. A Mary Sue character isn't good for a story because there's no room to grow, to learn, to change, she's already made it there, she's already better than Luke, Poe, Kylo, Finn, and the rest of the characters as they have a semblance of a flaw that is utilized in the film. But not her, she is perfection, while going through no hardships or tough lessons. In fact, she imparts lessons to far more experienced characters regularly. And I find myself watching her story unfold and thinking 'How can I relate to this?'. I am not, nor have I met, perfection, I didn't know it existed, so I don't believe in her, or root for her, as I am reassured that the writing will take good care of her, and I'm just here for the ride."

Darkanine said:
I will never, ever get why people say Superman is overpowered.

EU Luke has the same problem.

People keep calling him "overpowered" but, from why they say that, it sounds like they never actually read an EU story.

He repeatedly struggles with enemies for one reason for another. Hell, even when he was near the peak of his powers, he almost died fighting Shimrra Jamaane.

This is in addition to his repeated failings at saving those he cares about, either from death (Such as Chewbacca and Mara Jade) or falling to the Dark Side (His many students, including his nephew).

From a moon falling on the planet he was on no less.

He sacrificed himself to save Anakin Solo (Third child of Han and Leia) from the destruction of the planet Sernpidal.

Luke and Han are, expectedly, very torn up by his death.

Let's not forget she beat Luke Skywalker, LUKE SKYWALKER, in a duel. Jedi Master, rvevered as a Legend, started his own Jedi school.

Yeah, that Luke.

Going purely by the numbers, **** Tier, as he's literally "Lol I want to fight stuff".

As for preference, I find him as a meh. He's decently developed, as he got more mature and learned stuff as he grew up, therefore fixing his dumbness.... Until Super came along and ruined everything.

Back