• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Proper Sans match: Sans vs. Rogue

Does Immo 4 work after soul destruction?
doubt it, but sans needs to hit him first since Rogue is basically the most evasive character in Soul Knight, a game full of characters who constantly deal with near-tohou level danmaku spam.

doubt it, but sans needs to hit him first since Rogue is basically the most evasive character in Soul Knight, a game full of characters who constantly deal with near-tohou level danmaku spam.
He doesnt have instictive reactions it seems like so how can he dodge the surprise bones at the start?

I can see sans' telekinesis taking rogue by surprise... but after that nothing really happens.

sans can shoot with soul attack but, soul knight characters are very good at dodging danmaku, rogue is one of the best in that aspect lol.

so i can see this as the genocidal route only rogue does it the first time and without taking damage.

and also... since soul knight characters can interact with intangible things I see him perfectly capable of deflecting and bouncing bone attacks towards sans himself.

He doesnt have instictive reactions it seems like so how can he dodge the surprise bones at the start?
there are attacks in Soul knight that are similar to undertale in that aspect, as in, a circle or line appears indicating where an attack will hit like sans' yellow square line with the exclamation mark that indicates where the bones will appear. Rogue deals with bosses that constantly use similar attacks while filling up the room with endless spam of danmaku.

Additionally Rogue has a few things that can help him. First up he would likely lead with his signature roll dodge which is a quick roll that let's him get away from the place that he was, evading all damage. Additionally he has the shield which is basically a separate health bar that regenerates relatively quickly.

Can it stop intagible attacks? Anyways can I see a scan of a boss fight with the danmaku?

this is an example. It's hard to find proper fight videos at times due to people just posting videos showing off how they kill it super fast with some weapon+buff combo

here's another one

and here's a huge one.

Thing is, according to ingame achievements, any of the characters can beat up a buffed Boss (like any of the above) barehanded. The fights I showed above were just people with weapons that have large range and even danmaku, but canonically you can beat any of the bosses barehanded which means you'd have to get up close and personal with the boss while they are spamming danmaku, yes, that includes the devil's snare, who also has a second phase where it puts puddles of poison all around itself in addition to the colossal amount of danmaku shown.

To add to the point, he can also fight through the volcano area, where enemies like the wasps spawn who, if they are elite, can spam over a dozen human-sized projectiles flying in a non-specifc patter at the player. This isn't just a single character either since there is a good chance that there's a solid dozen or more enemies around firing guns, sniper rifles, machine guns, meteors and fire puddles at you while the floor also turns into lava at times and burns your feet.

Question does the character have speed advantage over them? (Also forgot how based this game was gonna download it tomorrow)
varies from danmaku to danmaku. For example the UFO has about the same or close attack speed as the player and it has some of the hardest danmaku.

yeah I can only see blue attacks changing this match right?
do you mean the blue soul attacks? Because the blue bones will also be evaded or destroyed via NPI

The blue soul attacks would be useful if Sans throws the rogue into walls, because otherwise he'd dodge.

They are extremely large and not sure about NPI since they are fast and tbh touching them is enough to damage you
well... it's not like the rogue is going to touch it with his hands haha.

unless you mean that for some reason the soul extends to your weapon.

They are extremely large and not sure about NPI since they are fast and tbh touching them is enough to damage you
The rogue uses throwable knives which do not drain until he runs out energy. A single precise throw would deal with them and if he decides to use them in close quarters he could legitimately deflect the bones back at sans

Then how can sans win? They seem skilled enough to merg through sans
I could arguably remove his buffs but i doubt it'd do much since that only removes the part where he reflects the attacks and a few additional buffs. Otherwise...i guess this might actually be a skill stomp.
Should i request to close this?

SK character pulling up ******* 20 meter long sword:

Back