• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think we should try putting Sakamoto Taro against Angelica or Roland, as a matter of fact.
...oh, they're 8-A.
How about the Claw?

Here's the thing: I have the strong feeling that even if Taro gets matched in raw power, he's far too skilled and intelligent to be handled by someone his level who isn't crazy good. I'd dare say that in terms of sheer skill level, Sakamoto Taro is on par with a Grade 1 Fixer, losing only to Colors. I don't think that in an "all stats equalized" fight he'd lose to anyone in Limbus Company other than Vergilius, even if every single other character shown in the game jumped him simultaneously. I also don't think typical "all stats EX, ALEPH-equipped" nuggets compare to him in actual skill when their only experience is within LobCorp itself.

You'd want someone like Mirinae to go against him.

I'm currently working on Elena, Eileen, and Tanya's profiles and I was wondering: Are all of The Reverberation Ensemble's Empowered Distortion forms 4-A or is it just Argalia?

I'm currently working on Elena, Eileen, and Tanya's profiles and I was wondering: Are all of The Reverberation Ensemble's Empowered Distortion forms 4-A or is it just Argalia?
You might have to go digging, but those Elena and Pluto should be since they're able to fight in the same Reception as Distorted Argalia.

Her "Likely 8-A" rating is only for her exoskeletons(which she used to match the artificial distortion in Chapter 9), and her E.G.O. (which allowed her to take multiple hits from Vespa in Chapter 20) so I don't see any issues with it.
What about this then?
8-A is reserved for only the absolutely highest in the verse, Vespa and anyone shown in DD aren't close.

Didn't know they made a CRT for it. It's still 100% BS and just the natural changing of backgrounds that occurs in the Library (think any boss fight). Nobody's doing a domain expansion there, so we shouldn't assume that this attack is special. I'll find time to change it back later.

Didn't know they made a CRT for it. It's still 100% BS and just the natural changing of backgrounds that occurs in the Library (think any boss fight). Nobody's doing a domain expansion there, so we shouldn't assume that this attack is special. I'll find time to change it back later.
You literally posted in that thread

8-A is reserved for only the absolutely highest in the verse, Vespa and anyone shown in DD aren't close.

Vespa is Grade 1 and an ex Taboo Hunter so he has some arguments there. Although he gets matched by a Sottocapo I think

Background changes caused by E.G.O and Distortions happen in Limbus too and Yuria + others in DD show this is a literal thing. Limbus also informed us that Abnos in the Library altered the environment within their books to fit their needs so environment changes are in their power too.

I find 4-A questionable as I said back then but not impossible. The Ensemble were all in a unique state called the "Apex" as they and Carmen (Dawnclair uptie) mention which helps the case + the Light was empowering everyone (although I can't remember how accurate that justification is) and that is somewhere in tier 2.

Last edited:
You literally posted in that thread
My opinions and procrastination haven't changed.
Vespa is Grade 1 and an ex Taboo Hunter so he has some arguments there. Although he gets matched by a Sottocapo I think
Again, Grade 1 is meaningless in this case. Dong-Hwan is a grade 1 to. There is no way he scales remotely close to an Arbiter or those comparable.
Background changes caused by E.G.O and Distortions happen in Limbus too and Yuria + others in DD show this is a literal thing. Limbus also informed us that Abnos in the Library altered the environment within their books to fit their needs so environment changes are in their power too.
First off, those are relating to fathoms of the EGO in every case, and always have set backgrounds that do not change until the fight is over. Secondly, the books are tailored to the Abnos, not the other way around. Thirdly, the library's scenery constantly changed from floor to floor. EGO pages change the background too, but we don't count that as 4-A because it's clearly just the Library phasing it into existence for the attack and then it dissolves back into light. The same occurs with Argalia's attack, so I find it absurd we're pretending Argalia just summons and destroys a starry sky for a single attack when it's clearly not the case. Fathoms of the EGO don't change unless the person is defeated or the distortion is solved.
I find 4-A questionable as I said back then but not impossible. The Ensemble were all in a unique state called the "Apex" as they and Carmen (Dawnclair uptie) mention which helps the case + the Light was empowering everyone (although I can't remember how accurate that justification is) and that is somewhere in tier 2.
"Light-empowered" is meaningless. We know that is concretely let Roland fight Argalia for a week straight. The "Apex" just means that you can a "stronger when Light empowered" to their tier. Sin uses light and isn't tier 2. Unless we're arguing that the Ensemble and everyone in the Library was taking a Library's worth of light during their battle (they weren't, everyone in the city was getting it as well), I don't see how light empowerment gives them a tier.

I've said my piece, I don't think I'll respond about this topic again rn. Technically due to the CRT anyone in the library at that time is 4-A, so go ahead for now. Ezra really shouldn't be 8-A though.

Again, Grade 1 is meaningless in this case. Dong-Hwan is a grade 1 to. There is no way he scales remotely close to an Arbiter or those comparable.

"Light-empowered" is meaningless. We know that is concretely let Roland fight Argalia for a week straight. The "Apex" just means that you can a "stronger when Light empowered" to their tier. Sin uses light and isn't tier 2. Unless we're arguing that the Ensemble and everyone in the Library was taking a Library's worth of light during their battle (they weren't, everyone in the city was getting it as well), I don't see how light empowerment gives them a tier.

I've said my piece, I don't think I'll respond about this topic again rn. Technically due to the CRT anyone in the library at that time is 4-A, so go ahead for now. Ezra really shouldn't be 8-A though.
According to the Scaling Aid The Pianist, Vespa, and the Sottocapo's all have the same rating(which is At least 8-B, Likely 8-A). With that said, the artificial Distortion that Ezra fought was stronger than a Grade 4 fixer(and was implied to be a lot stronger than her base strength) while also being stated by Moses to be similar to The Pianist, so I think it's safe to say that she wouldn't have stood a chance if she used anything besides her exoskeletons, which would imply that it's above her usual gear. While E.G.O. is consistently shown to give a significant boost even if it's only a partial manifestation,.

Well the Reverberation Ensemble didn't just get a small amount of light they got enough for them to further distort, which seems to imply that they were getting a greater boost since they were at the epicenter of the Light.

By the way, shouldn't Binah's Librarian key also get a "possibly 4-A rating" for the same reason?

Last edited:
After checking the profile I think I'm gonna have to agree with Mand21 on this one, his skill level seems like it might be too high for Rose to take on.
I think Mirinae is a really good bet on someone who can take on Sakamoto!

Angelica would kick his ass. Oh, maybe Moses will be great for Sakamoto once her profile is done!

I'd like to start with Mirinae, though. Should I make that post myself?

I think Mirinae is a really good bet on someone who can take on Sakamoto!

Angelica would kick his ass. Oh, maybe Moses will be great for Sakamoto once her profile is done!

I'd like to start with Mirinae, though. Should I make that post myself?
If you want to then be my guest, also once I'm done with Elena I'll work on Moses and YuRia.

Would Wild Hunt/Erlking Heathcliff if they left Wuthering Heights into the main City be able to qualify for Star of The City? With his ability to revive the dead I think he can but what are your thoughts?

Would Wild Hunt/Erlking Heathcliff if they left Wuthering Heights into the main City be able to qualify for Star of The City? With his ability to revive the dead I think he can but what are your thoughts?
Maybe? Urban Nightmares are a wide category and are very dangerous at the top.

The Crying Children killed tens of thousands and was still considered an Urban Nightmare. Erlking is probably somewhere in the Urban Nightmare class of enemies considering the Canto he's in but his endless hordes could make him a Star of the City overall.

But then again, something like a Section 1 or 2 Association branch would probably have the numbers and power to power through the horde and get to him. Crying Children fell that way against Liu Section 1 and he was just an Urban Nightmare.

Idk, maybe, maybe not.

Stars of the City are also the greatest Urban hazard so that needs to be considered. In that sense, an endless horde that grows with every kill becomes quite a hazard to City life.

I'm currently working on Moses' profile and I was wondering should her prosthetic arm have an "8-B possibly 8-A" rating since it was given to her by Dias(i.e. the person who owns the Grade 1 office Udjat), and is noted to be highly durable as one of it's features, or would a "likely far higher, possibly 8-B" work better?

Sorry I didn't comment. I don't know of Moses' feats or where she seems to be, but isn't 8-A the scaling for Grade 1 and above?
Nope, apparently according to the Scaling Aid the weakest Grade 1's are a solid 8-B, and I' don't think one can say she's 8-A seeing as she was outmatched by two Grade 1s (Vespa and Edgar).

The justification seems to be that Moses should be Grade 1 level due to being a former Udjat (Grade 1 Office) captain.

However, this was a long time ago. Characters like Salvador have dropped dramatically in the same period of time.

The justification seems to be that Moses should be Grade 1 level due to being a former Udjat (Grade 1 Office) captain.

However, this was a long time ago. Characters like Salvador have dropped dramatically in the same period of time.
Which is why the rating is only a "possibly". Actually I'm assuming that in her current state, she could scale to a Grade 3 Fixer like Salvador and Oscar.

Salvador and Oscar are already supposed to be 9-A in their current state and 8-B in their prime, rather than just one tier that encompasses both. Grade 3 fixers in general are supposed to be handled on a case-by-case basis unless they have no solid showings apart from being Grade 3.

This would also mean Ezra should just be 8-B flat out, she's explicitly physically high end for a Grade 3.

Salvador and Oscar are already supposed to be 9-A in their current state and 8-B in their prime, rather than just one tier that encompasses both. Grade 3 fixers in general are supposed to be handled on a case-by-case basis unless they have no solid showings apart from being Grade 3.

This would also mean Ezra should just be 8-B flat out, she's explicitly physically high end for a Grade 3.
Well there is also the fact that Moses managed to withstand getting slammed to the floor by a berserk Ezra in Chapter 12 so there is the possibility of her downscaling from Ezra, which I'd say is enough to justify a "possibly" rating alongside the other pieces of evidence.

Back