• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Darth Vader (Soul Calibur)
Dude is a non canon guest character made to promote Star Wars: The Force Unleashed; he never appears in the actual narrative of the game and virtually nothing separates him from his Canon (Legends I guess) counterpart except for the arcade ending giving him Soul Edge and Soul Calibur (neither of which he actually uses meaningfully)

We deleted the Mk Universe's guest characters for the above reasons (and iirc Ezio from SCV) so why is he still here?

Speaking of he's treated as "higher with Soul Edge and Soul Calibur) when he already scales to them tanks to killing Algol which makes no sense.

Darth Vader (Soul Calibur)
Dude is a non canon guest character made to promote Star Wars: The Force Unleashed; he never appears in the actual narrative of the game and virtually nothing separates him from his Canon (Legends I guess) counterpart except for the arcade ending giving him Soul Edge and Soul Calibur (neither of which he actually uses meaningfully)

We deleted the Mk Universe's guest characters for the above reasons (and iirc Ezio from SCV) so why is he still here?

Speaking of he's treated as "higher with Soul Edge and Soul Calibur) when he already scales to them tanks to killing Algol which makes no sense.
I delete the page.

Saman mentions his powers are distinct enough but he doesn’t follow up on the thread and the other character’s endings completely disregard him

I’d also note being in his own bubble isn’t justification; most guest Characters (like Spawn, Jason, etc) are and yet we deleted those profiles all the same so why is this different?

Those seem to be the only arguments against its deletion and they’re hardly compelling

I’d also note being in his own bubble isn’t justification; most guest Characters (like Spawn, Jason, etc) are and yet we deleted those profiles all the same so why is this different?
I don’t know how other profiles are handled or their situation. All I know is that a thread was made with several staff members participating and Ant accepted it to stay.

A Quote:
“If Vader is his own canon with his own story that doesn't contradict anything from the main story, I see nothing wrong with his profile.”

From what I’m seeing with the existence of the thread, Darth Vader’s profile deletion might’ve been hasty. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong but that’s how I currently see it.

I don’t know how other profiles are handled or their situation. All I know is that a thread was made with several staff members participating and Ant accepted it to stay.
And that’s why I’m bringing it up here
A Quote:
“If Vader is his own canon with his own story that doesn't contradict anything from the main story, I see nothing wrong with his profile.”
literally any guest character would be accepted with this reasoning

Him being his own canon means nothing if said game gives you nothing to distinguish him at all. So either he stays deleted to be consistent with what (to my knowledge) seems to be our current standard; or we make an addendum accepting more pages

There’s no two ways about it

Again, it was accepted in a thread dedicated to Vader’s continuous stay. I think that warrants discussion.

@SamanPatou What are your thoughts? You were originally one of the supporters for Vader’s profile.

Again, it was accepted in a thread dedicated to Vader’s continuous stay. I think that warrants discussion.
And it’s deletion was accepted and carried out here; I’m really not seeing anything to discuss

If Saman has new arguments for its remaining I’ll hear it out tho

Me and Starter Pack were working on a revision for the crossover rules, but we both eventually forgot about it.

Our/my argument for Vader was that he was distinct enough from the original (has the soul swords, his own little story, different ratings) and thus he deserved to stay, even if he wasn't canon, with the rule of scaling no one from him.

We wanted to establish rules for non-canon guest characters, which basically were about them needing to meet some requirements, like being different from their original selves in a significant way and having at least a bit of story, and scaling them to other characters they fought or feat they performed was fine, but not the other way around, as they are not canon.

And yes, it is possible to restore deleted pages, I'm still with Vader being allowed to stay, as well as other relevant guest characters.

Me and Starter Pack were working on a revision for the crossover rules, but we both eventually forgot about it.
Eh I can support that
Our/my argument for Vader was that he was distinct enough from the original (has the soul swords, his own little story, different ratings) and thus he deserved to stay, even if he wasn't canon, with the rule of scaling no one from him.
The thing is he gets the Swords at the very end of his arcade story; as his prize for defeating Algol
He boasts about the power now at his disposal and then walks through a portal
The whole thing is about a minute and a half long and he does precisely one thing with those blades; his pre-existing moveset is just standard stuff we can expect from his canon counterpart such as Telekinesis, Force Choke and powerful Lightsaber strikes.

He's pretty clearly just Vader with different ratings and I'm fairly sure ratings being different isn't remotely enough of a distinction for these characters being on the Wiki. It's not like Killer Instinct's Arbiter who's a composite of several characters; has his own lore and ultimately has several unique abilities.

This is normal Vader in all but franchise, what narrative he does have is fairly insignificant and I don't see why we'd keep him. Revisions for the standards could be neat but that's a topic for another day

Last edited:
His unique powers were more those granted by the swords, which I believed were enough to make him different, tier and story are more support elements (although both of them are necessary to justify his existence)

Again tho those would surely clarify more as a key right?
He doesn't have them until the final cutscene where he wrecks the Hero King Algol; most of the story is with his standard moveset based on the Force and Lightsaber skills

And again, we never see him use them in combat so we have no idea what he'd go for in character

Last edited:
Not necessary, it's fairly common to list characters at the end of their story unless there are substantial reasons to split their profile in more points in time, and I think Vader's profile could just list him at the end of his journey.

Not necessary, it's fairly common to list characters at the end of their story unless there are substantial reasons to split their profile in more points in time, and I think Vader's profile could just list him at the end of his journey.
The problem with that is I feel we'd be getting some misconceptions about the character; besides it's there for indexing purposes to show he didn't always possess the blades. And, again he doesn't even use them

We can split his profiles into keys if necessary, but I think the second key justifies his existence, as the swords grant quite some powers.

I hate to disagree here. But I don't think Vader deserved deleting personally, just because he doesn't fit into the canon of the game he appears in, does not mean he's invalid for a profile, we literally have a non canon category on the wiki.

He also does vary from his source material, his additional abilities/weapons/story/etc are more than enough to validate him under our current standards. Just because he looks the same and acts the same doesn't mean he is the same.

I think his deletion was not necessary personally and believe he should be undeleted.

Back