• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Professional Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Should be something like this:

• Empowerment (Can gain momentum/strength from the crowd when they're cheering him/her on)
I can't add it to their profiles, as the website is blocked currently, so it'd be great if someone can do it.

I'll link the profiles so it'll be easier.

I have a question:

During many matches, the crowd will often cheer on the babyface, and then that said babyface will gain momentum from the fans, making them have the advantage in the fight.

Is this some kind ability WWE wrestlers have?
I think that’s just standard Human momentum when you have a crowd on your side, It’s why home teams in football are generally expected to do well, because the vast majority of the crowd is cheering them on. It’s just something anybody has, so not really Empowerment

I think that’s just standard Human momentum when you have a crowd on your side, It’s why home teams in football are generally expected to do well, because the vast majority of the crowd is cheering them on
"Empowerment is the ability to strengthen oneself due to various circumstances and outside forces that may or may not be under their control. Unlike Statistics Amplification, empowerment is often involuntary and inherent to each character rather than an activated ability."

The wrestlers, when they're struggling, the crowd cheers them on, and then they strengthen theirselves, gaining more momentum.

"Empowerment is the ability to strengthen oneself due to various circumstances and outside forces that may or may not be under their control. Unlike Statistics Amplification, empowerment is often involuntary and inherent to each character rather than an activated ability."

The wrestlers, when they're struggling, the crowd cheers them on, and then they strengthen theirselves, gaining more momentum.
Literally every human would have empowerment if getting momentum after being cheered on by a crowd counted, it’s something you or I could do under the same setting and is in no way a unique ability that can/should be documented

I made a draft profile for CM Punk (which I'm surprised we haven't considered sooner 👀) but it's really bare as I haven't put time into researching feats and the such to add to the profile. Help would be very appreciated!
Honestly I don’t think Fourth Wall is valid given it’s a TV Show in-verse, that’d be like saying the Office breaks the fourth wall for those interview segments.

A Fourth Wall Break in WWE’s context would be some wrestler bringing a copy of the script to reaffirm his win over another, or something like that.

Don’t expect much wrestlers to have shit beyond baseline combatant combo, focus of WWE is on their personality and skills, sometimes strength, any non-standard abilities are basically flavour text, which only some get.

Honestly I don’t think Fourth Wall is valid given it’s a TV Show in-verse, that’d be like saying the Office breaks the fourth wall for those interview segments.

A Fourth Wall Break in WWE’s context would be some wrestler bringing a copy of the script to reaffirm his win over another, or something like that.

Don’t expect much wrestlers to have shit beyond baseline combatant combo, focus of WWE is on their personality and skills, sometimes strength, any non-standard abilities are basically flavour text, which only some get.
Fourth Wall Breaking does exist in WWE, it's just the way they do it is very confusing.

Well, not really. The separation between the characters and the real world (i.e CM Punk and Phillip Jack Brooks) is considered the Fourth Wall in the WWE verse.

A prime example being when John Cena referenced the Usos getting arrested. That's Fourth Wall Breaking by WWE logic, as the lines between reality and fiction start to blur.

CM Punk legit acknowledges he's breaking the Fourth Wall here.

Jericho mentioning Punk's father and his alcohol addiction, as well as Punk's sister and her substance abuse, are more examples of Fourth Wall Breaking.

Hope you understand better, now.

Fourth Wall Breaking does exist in WWE, it's just the way they do it is very confusing.

Well, not really. The separation between the characters and the real world (i.e CM Punk and Phillip Jack Brooks) is considered the Fourth Wall in the WWE verse.

A prime example being when John Cena referenced the Usos getting arrested. That's Fourth Wall Breaking by WWE logic, as the lines between reality and fiction start to blur.

CM Punk legit acknowledges he's breaking the Fourth Wall here.

Jericho mentioning Punk's father and his alcohol addiction, as well as Punk's sister and her substance abuse, are more examples of Fourth Wall Breaking.

Hope you understand better, now.
Matter of fact, can someone add Fourth Wall Breaking to Cena and Jericho's profile? I can't do it, as the website is blocked right now.

Plus, we need to make a powerscaling page for this verse.

In case anyone knows more abilities of Finn Balor you can always mention here

In case anyone knows more abilities of Finn Balor you can always mention here
I believe we discussed about Balor having Type 4 Immortality.

Let me check right quick.

Demon finn should scale to the God tiers in terms of AP, Dura, and Speed, in his match with Roman he kicked out of a spear which is already a god tier worthy feat considering it can put down most top tiers, and was attacked by the Usos mid match, blindsided by Reigns with a spear through the barricade and could still keep fighting. He basically no sold most of Romans's early offence in their match. Roman also didn't kick out of the first Coup de Grace and had to be saved by the Usos.

His LS shouldn't given the match and commentary made it clear Finn couldn't overpower Reigns in terms of physical strength.

Its stated multiple times that finn balor resurrected himself after that spear so he might have type 4 immortality lol. He also should get Teleportation for this. he also explained that that Demon comes from Rage and cannot be controlled so Rage Power, Bloodlust, and Transformation given he transforms on screen. He should also get light manipulation as he changed the lights red.

As for Reigns in that match it was stated that some supernatural force intervened to save Roman from the Demon, so he should get Blessed and Supernatural luck
Here it is.

So Type 4 Immortality and Teleportation for Demon King Balor.

Roman needs a profile, too.

I know about all these just isn't sure that it fit's the wiki standards you can add those to his profile if people agrees with it.

I believe we discussed about Balor having Type 4 Immortality.

Let me check right quick.
Aw. Kinda wanted to make that one but I was pretty slow on the draw tbf

shouldn’t Bálor and the Demon be different keys? Even if it’s just 9-B | 9-B and also of course the talked about stuff with immortality etc

Aw. Kinda wanted to make that one but I was pretty slow on the draw tbf

shouldn’t Bálor and the Demon be different keys? Even if it’s just 9-B | 9-B and also of course the talked about stuff with immortality etc
Yeah. There should be different keys for Balor and the Demon.

I want Theory to beat Finn for the US title, but I have a feeling that they will let Finn win so the fans won't get mad.

Theory needs the win more than Balor tbh.

I want Theory to beat Finn for the US title, but I have a feeling that they will let Finn win so the fans won't get mad.

Theory needs the win more than Balor tbh.
I’m ngl I am one of those fans what the hell was that

WWE just won’t let Bálor climb past a certain point on the ladder, and when he finally gets a belt, it’s taken off him in 2 months by some kid they’re trying to build up to be the next big name only for him to flop, all the while Bálor is trying to get back into the main event picture again for about a year.

Here it is.

So Type 4 Immortality and Teleportation for Demon King Balor.

Roman needs a profile, too.
Agreed with Teleportation
Disagree with Type 4, He never died in the first place he just took beating from Roman Reings got hurt laid down on the floor and got back up when his music started playing and attacked Roman relentless, That's more of Rage Power + Instinctive Reaction he did not die in this match, So what Commentary is saying that he ressurected himself is just them contradicting what's going on
Monkey does getting up from being beaten is Type 4 17:22 I don't think so ? or am I wrong ?

In my honest opinions I'm sketchy about how wrestling profiles are treated in general, What if Bray Wyatt shows up in AEW and does all kinds of hax with his new gimmick how are we supposed to treat that ?
Cause these are WWE profile whatever they did in WWE counts not elsewhere and Pro wrestlers tends to leave and go to promotion to promotion we can not make multiple profiles for the same character for other promotions either with some abilities here and some abilities there, So I was thinking about this and for that I have an idea.

Just like we have The_Real_World similarly we should have a page on this website called "Professional Wrestling" in which all superstars who went to WWE, AEW, NJPW or ROH whatever they did in those companies should count,
That way we would not be limited to counting their run in WWE but rather follow their entire careers as a whole, This would make great profiles with tons of abilities and information about their Stamina, Matches, Feats, Powers etc and we don't have to be limited to only WWE.

Monkey does getting up from being beaten is Type 4 17:22 I don't think so ? or am I wrong ?
You would need more proof… him being resurrected I think doesn’t mean you are immortal… if he can do it all the time then maybe yes but still need more info and proof and stuff

For me I agree with type 4 immortality, I think taking the commentator’s word is fair enough and in this case it is the Demon resurrecting themselves, which counts for Type 4 Immortality

In my honest opinions I'm sketchy about how wrestling profiles are treated in general, What if Bray Wyatt shows up in AEW and does all kinds of hax with his new gimmick how are we supposed to treat that ?
Cause these are WWE profile whatever they did in WWE counts not elsewhere and Pro wrestlers tends to leave and go to promotion to promotion we can not make multiple profiles for the same character for other promotions either with some abilities here and some abilities there, So I was thinking about this and for that I have an idea.

Just like we have The_Real_World similarly we should have a page on this website called "Professional Wrestling" in which all superstars who went to WWE, AEW, NJPW or ROH whatever they did in those companies should count,
That way we would not be limited to counting their run in WWE but rather follow their entire careers as a whole, This would make great profiles with tons of abilities and information about their Stamina, Matches, Feats, Powers etc and we don't have to be limited to only WWE.
I… don’t really see the point of this (for now), it’s a complete revamp of a verse still trying to land on its feet and get properly started, it’s a good idea for documentation, but it makes things complicated in a way that the verse doesn’t need right now. Could defo be implemented down the road, it defo has its uses, but it shouldn’t be high on the priority list. As for how we treat wrestlers feats after leaving/before joining WWE, I think using them as feats as long as they don’t directly contradict what we generally know for the character is fine, it’s the same character, just a different verse they’re in before coming to a new one, no changes attached.

What commentator is saying doesn't make sense because he didnt die ? How can you be Type 4 when you don't die
Tbf we don’t have anything that strongly suggests the contrary, technically Reigns could have murdered the Demon 🤷‍♂️

It was a really heavy blow after a gruelling match from one of if not the strongest characters in the verse at that time, if the commentators say the Demon was resurrected, it stands to reason that all the criteria that needs to happen before resurrection i.e. death was met.

Back