• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problems with tiering some of my characters.

Peppypony

She/Her
Here's a large amount of Válfá Ábeldottir's backstory.

"When she was on holiday with her father Ábel in Insomniopolis. Valfa's father had a meeting inside the Centre Tower which was the tallest building in the Onlea Isles. But then suddenly there was a massive explosion from the base of the tower. Valfa watched the tower collapsed with her very own eyes. She was devastated and heart broken because her father was also inside of it. And then suddenly members of Green Civilization Army started running out from the smoke that had been left over from the destruction. They were out firing with machine guns. She thought that there was too many soldiers to hold off all by herself. But she also wanted revenge. She didn't know what to do. So she decided to stay in a hiding spot which was crammed between different buildings. But it was also so hot that day, she decided to go inside one of the nearby buildings for shelter. But suddenly, she was suprise attacked by three Green Civilization soldiers who wielded swords and two soldiers further back armed with machine guns. But she was still able to take them down. The two soldiers left with machine guns managed to get some shots into her, but not many."

The Centre Tower is based off one of the Twin Towers. According to my research, "The major structural material employed in the towers was A36 structural steel, although higher strength steel was used in the lower elevations of the structure. Except for some selected floors, for which normal strength concrete was employed, the compositeslabs were made of a 21MPa (3ksi) lightweight concrete."

They demolished by tower by causing an explosion in the basement. It caused the tower to collapse via causing it to collapse into rubble. But the explosion only managed to demolish the tower by hitting the tower at it's base.

WTC base size

According to Google, they were this big in size. This wasn't a nuclear explosion, so according to this I'm gonna guess that it's 8-B. But I could still be wrong. Althoug there is one issue, we don't know on whether the soldiers themselves used the weapons that they used to attack many parts of the city to cause the explosion or did they just detonate a bomb there? Also, does that mean every soldier from the Green Civilization are just as powerful as each other?

Barrow

So there is also this amount of destruction left over from an explosion that was caused to the Desolate Museum which is based off the Iñupiat Heritage Center in Utqiagvik, Alaska. Which is why I used that for reference, especially since the Desolate Museum building is shaped just like the ñupiat Heritage Center. According to Google, it is around 35 metres across. Both Minna and Válfá encounter Vixi who was responsible for the attack on the Desolate Museum. Although there is still a probem. We don't know on a bomb was detonated or not. Also, we haven't seen her use any explosives in combat. Same with the soldiers too.

If I can't scale my characters to any of these feats. Then I'll have to scale them via this.

It caused an explosion at the base, right? You can calculate the explosion. I'd just need blast radius to get going.

Ehhh.... We don't actually see the explosion. We just hear a bang, see the entire tower collapse into rubble, smoke comes out from the destruction and then we see the soldiers running out from the smoke.

Sorry I took so long to respond. I was trying to figure out what to say and I also forgot about this thread. xD

Then there's nothing to really calculate, if we don't see how much is destroyed

Well if it caused the entire tower to collapse, we've got the area of the tower since it's based one of the Twin Towers, the height of them were 413.m (Which I believe is about four city blocks) then should we just assume it's 8-A?

Well, causing something to collapse isn't the same as destroying it.

Destroying a 9-A bit of stone from the bottom would cause it to tumble over easy.

Back