• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problem with BDE type 1 and 2

So in this i just think that BDE type 1 and 2 is have a problem with what they give to character that have it or they benefit to character

In BDE type 1 it write
Type 1: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features without necessarily being superior to any of them. As a result they aren't limited to existing within spatiotemporal realms and are often unaffected by Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation or can at least defend against it by leaving spacetime at will. They are usually Acausal (Type 1) as a result of being outside of regular time.
And BDE type 2
Type 2: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features and being superior to them in nature. These characters aren't necessarily superior to spacetime on every level, but just within the scope which they are shown. Due to transcending this spacetime they are immune to Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation of it. They furthermore inherit any benefits of Type 1.

Lacking space time it self will give that character a immunity of space and time manipulation, it exactly write in the resistence page. So by default type 1 is immune to space and time manipulation

The problem is if type 1 is already immune to space time manipulation, type 2 it self will not have a superior benefit above type 1

So why even in first place we need type 2??? It not have any different from type 1

Or are lacking is not necessary immune?? Because i also think that lacking something is just yeah empty without further context, it not defend the character from a offend attack that give a atribute of something, yeah like empty glass without water you cannot drink the water inside it because there are no water, but you still can pouring water inside it and then drink the water

Alright,

In scenario 1 (Bde 1), you have resistance to spatial-temporal attributes (such as space-time manipulation, spatial manipulation, and so on). This means that you can withstand the effects of such abilities but do not possess immunity against them.

In scenario 2 (Bde 2), you are both transcendent and devoid of spatial-temporal attributes, which grants you immunity to these manipulations.
The difference between immunity and resistance is as follows:

If you have resistance (Bde 1), I can inject you with space-time and eventually cause your demise. However, characters with immunity (Bde 2) are completely protected against all layered effects of such abilities.
Having resistance means you have a level of durability against these effects, but it doesn't guarantee that you will withstand them in all circumstances.

I hope I've been able to explain it clearly.
I forget if this thread exist

Well in our standard, lacking something mean immunity to whatever layer of that ability, not just resistence

Type 1 can be bound by spacetime because they are not superior to it yet they can simply leave spacetime at will and can exist without it. they are unaffected in a way that they are like timeless void.

Type 2 cannot be bound in any way to the level within their scope. this immunity is not about because they completely lack it but rather because they completely transcend it so even if you try to constrain them to spatiotemporal existence it will not affect them in anyway

Take it like Type 1 can still be affected by space-time hax if it can be forced upon their existence where in Type 2 is completely immune by becoming completely unbound and superior to space-time thus no amount of time or space hax on their level will affect them

Back