• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prismatic Stone Warriors (Chromastone vs. Gigalith)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically that would actually be more in favor as it would move gigalith away from using moves hat Chromastone would be able to absorb and instead focus on non-energy based attacks
I think the poor visibility of a Sandstorm would discourage recklessly running around trying to do melee attacks, just as much as it might energy attacks. Given energy attack's wider AoE, it could be possible it makes them more likely, & many of Gigalith's entries go on about it using energy attacks.

Also, the point of what I was saying is it's repeatedly pointed out that Gigalith needs sunlight for its energy attacks. Which the sand would hinder the use of, since less sunlight would be coming in.
Obviously, it has benefits like better Non-Physical Defenses & Sandforce boosted Speed, but the energy accumulation hindrance aspect remains.
Both Smack Down and Gravity would cancel out Chromastone's flight
The former requires hitting Chromastone, & the latter may not be used if Gigalith can't see Chromastone flying.
Funnily enough due to Weak Armor Gigalith will be getting faster and faster the longer the fight goes on and it has Automatize to make that happen even faster, so the longer the fight goes on Gigalith will bcome more mobile than Chromastone
Assuming it thinks to use Automize. Also, Weak Armor has only been shown (In the games, AFAIK.) to trigger from Physical attacks, rather than the energy attacks Chromastone often uses.
Also theres the fact that Chromastone's attacks are made of Ultraviolet light, the same kind of light that Gigalith absorbs, meaning Chromastone's main method of attack will be equally useless here
Do we have any basis for how much such light or energy Gigalith can absorb, safely or otherwise?

I think the poor visibility of a Sandstorm would discourage recklessly running around trying to do melee attacks, just as much as it might energy attacks. Given energy attack's wider AoE, it could be possible it makes them more likely, & many of Gigalith's entries go on about it using energy attacks.
Okay but Gigalith has moves like Rock Slide, Smack Down, Rock Blast, Rock Tomb, and Stone Edge that have equally as much and in some cases more AoE that its nergy attacks, and th fact that not only is it indoors but obscured by a sandstorm means that it will lose the ability to use energy attacks whether it likes it or not
Also, the point of what I was saying is it's repeatedly pointed out that Gigalith needs sunlight for its energy attacks. Which the sand would hinder the use of, since less sunlight would be coming in.
Yup, the fact that theyre inside an enclosed building too
Obviously, it has benefits like better Non-Physical Defenses & Sandforce boosted Speed, but the energy accumulation hindrance aspect remains.
Against an opponent whose entire schtick is absorbing and redirecting energy i wouldnt really call that a hinderance
The former requires hitting Chromastone, & the latter may not be used if Gigalith can't see Chromastone flying.
Lock-On
Assuming it thinks to use Automize. Also, Weak Armor has only been shown (In the games, AFAIK.) to trigger from Physical attacks, rather than the energy attacks Chromastone often uses.
Given that Gigalith can very well absorb Chromastone's energy, he may have to resort to physical attacks here
Do we have any basis for how much such light or energy Gigalith can absorb, safely or otherwise?
Enough to blow away a mountain, or within the ballpark range of Chromastone's AP

Both Smack Down and Gravity would cancel out Chromastone's flight
Tbf Ben didn’t realize Chromastone even had flight till season 3 of Alien Force some time after he fought Vilgax, so he’s definitely not reliant on it for combat. Gwen has also used a gravity spell on Chromastone before, something he very quickly reacted to by turning around (with his torso) and shooting a beam at her, practically catching her off guard. Now if Gigalith can absorb his beam that might be a problem but he can potentially work around that by shooting the terrain under him to knock him back or destabilize him.

Tbf Ben didn’t realize Chromastone even had flight till season 3 of Alien Force some time after he fought Vilgax, so he’s definitely not reliant on it for combat. Gwen has also used a gravity spell on Chromastone before, something he very quickly reacted to by turning around (with his torso) and shooting a beam at her, practically catching her off guard. Now if Gigalith can absorb his beam that might be a problem but he can potentially work around that by shooting the terrain under him to knock him back or destabilize him.
Okay but Gravity isnt something that Gigalith needs to constantly use in order to affect its opponent, it uses it once and thats that, shooting gigalith wont cancel it out

Gigalith also has a forcefield that blocks aoe attacks so trying to shoot around it wont work either

So to summarize this match:

The initial fight would be a ping pong match of energy attacks, gigality using power gem liberally and chromastone spamming UV rays, but neither would affect the other due to their energy absorption. Due to both the environment and the passive use of Sandstorm, gigalith would quickly lose the ability to use its energy attacks, as well, meaning that this will quickly turn into a slugfest, which gigalith wins relatively easily due to its initial advantage in ap and durability which can be boosted significantly by its stat amps as well as its speed which would be passively amped every time chromastone lands a punch. Moves like Lock On, Gravity, and Smack Down hard counter Chromastone's flight advantage, and Gigalith has multiple stat reduction moves that can make chromastone weaker, slower, and less accurate, even less accurate than he already would be fighting an opponent in a blinding sandstorm.

Wouldn’t sandstorm also affect Gigalith’s aim?

I’d argue Chromastone scales somewhat to Vilgax in skill by the end of UA, so maybe I’d say incon, because Ben is still more resilient towards damage I think and more intelligent + flight or a bullrush could let him take the fight outside of the gym if it were to benefit him.

Does Gigalith also absorb the move solar beam btw?

Wouldn’t sandstorm also affect Gigalith’s aim?

I’d argue Chromastone scales somewhat to Vilgax in skill by the end of UA, so maybe I’d say incon, because Ben is still more resilient towards damage I think and more intelligent + flight or a bullrush could let him take the fight outside of the gym if it were to benefit him.

Does Gigalith also absorb the move solar beam btw?
Gigalith has moves like Lock-On that make its attacks homing, as well as AoE attacks like Rock Slide, Earthquake, Magnitude, and Bulldoze that hit the whole battlefield

Chromastone is more skilled but that's about it. Gigalith has moves that reduce the opponent's durability and speed and stuff like Gravity would prevent Chromastone from flying without even needing to hit him directly

Yes

Lock-On that make its attacks homing, as well as AoE attacks like Rock Slide, Earthquake, Magnitude, and Bulldoze that hit the whole battlefield
Forcefield and punching the ground to create shockwaves if he has no other options (jumping). Any rock thrown at him gets shot down by a beam, after all Chromastone can still hear them coming and I don’t think sandstorm is gonna bother Chromastone much more than Gigalith.

Also gravity isn’t gonna take effect the entire fight right, usually those wear off right?

Also if Chromastone gets destroyed, I feel like a dick for arguing this, he can resurrect into Diamondhead as applied on his page. At which point it’s gg.

Also Vilgax is much more skilled than Gigalith but I also feel like a dick arguing Chromastone scales to it when he basically never H2H’s someone even when he logically should scale in skill.

Last edited:
Forcefield and punching the ground to create shockwaves if he has no other options (jumping).
Gigalith has both of those too and even jumping gets nulled by Gravity
Any rock thrown at him gets shot down by a beam, after all Chromastone can still hear them coming and I don’t think sandstorm is gonna bother Chromastone much more than Gigalith.
I mean Gigalith gets a passive amp due to the sandstorm, Chromastone doesnt
Also gravity isn’t gonna take effect the entire fight right, usually those wear off right?
It wears off eventually but it lasts quite a long time
Also if Chromastone gets destroyed, I feel like a dick for arguing this, he can resurrect into Diamondhead as applied on his page. At which point it’s gg.
Would it be gg tho?
Also Vilgax is much more skilled than Gigalith but I also feel like a dick arguing Chromastone scales to it when he basically never H2H’s someone even when he logically should scale in skill.
I mean no one is doubting that chromastone is more skilled but skill will only get you so far against an opponent who has every other advantage

Gigalith has both of those too and even jumping gets nulled by Gravity

I mean Gigalith gets a passive amp due to the sandstorm, Chromastone doesnt
Technically, two: Rock types get +50% Sp. Def during Sandstorm (So stuff like the lasers/energy beams are less damaging.) as well as the Doubled Speed from Gigalith's Sandforce. (A speed boost which may further be increased by Automize &/or Weak Armor, I guess. Although, the mention of Weak Armor may be erroneous; The ability is found on Gigalith's pre-evolution & replaced with Sand Stream (The ability that causes the sandstorm.) on evolution.)
Okay but Gigalith has moves like Rock Slide, Smack Down, Rock Blast, Rock Tomb, and Stone Edge that have equally as much and in some cases more AoE that its nergy attacks, and th fact that not only is it indoors but obscured by a sandstorm means that it will lose the ability to use energy attacks whether it likes it or not
Losing energy supply faster is worse, though.
That requires Gigalith think to use it. This decision-making is impeded by the visual & likely auditory obstruction the Sandstorm it would provide; Both combatants likely have a worse idea of when they hit each other if they're afar.
Though, I can see it thinking to use Lock-On into Smack Down if it really wants to ground Chromastone that bad.

It is noted that Gigalith's energy blasts can blow away a mountain, & that it does absorb sunlight, which is very much alike to Chromastone's beam attacks....
But that doesn't give us a timeframe for absorption, the processing it's noted as doing, nor the maximum energy input (As opposed to maximum capacity, which we have more of an idea of.) that it can absorb at once.

Losing energy supply faster is worse, though.
? Last time i checked Chromastone doesnt have the ability to steal energy directly like Feedback so i dont see why Gigalith would lose its energy supply when it generates absurd amounts of energy on its own
That requires Gigalith think to use it. This decision-making is impeded by the visual & likely auditory obstruction the Sandstorm it would provide; Both combatants likely have a worse idea of when they hit each other if they're afar.
Though, I can see it thinking to use Lock-On into Smack Down if it really wants to ground Chromastone that bad.
True, though stuff like Rock Slide would work just as well, maybe stealth rock too given how its shown to work in the anime
It is noted that Gigalith's energy blasts can blow away a mountain, & that it does absorb sunlight, which is very much alike to Chromastone's beam attacks....
But that doesn't give us a timeframe for absorption, the processing it's noted as doing, nor the maximum energy input (As opposed to maximum capacity, which we have more of an idea of.) that it can absorb at once.
Fair enough, though it should still be abl to absorb a good amount of his attacks and survive the rest given th inherent dura advantage coupled with dura amps

? Last time i checked Chromastone doesnt have the ability to steal energy directly like Feedback so i dont see why Gigalith would lose its energy supply when it generates absurd amounts of energy on its own
I mean that a building with windows allows in more sunlight than a building with windows obscured by an indoor sandstorm. & that's not ideal energy gathering conditions.
Missed energy attacks, times where it isn't absorbing attacks from Chromastone, & other uses of energy/stamina likely contribute to this expenditure.
True, though stuff like Rock Slide would work just as well, maybe stealth rock too given how its shown to work in the anime

Fair enough, though it should still be abl to absorb a good amount of his attacks and survive the rest given th inherent dura advantage coupled with dura amps
Fair, I think.
A shame we don't have more information on Gigalith's energy absorption capabilities.

Last edited:
Would it be gg tho?
Probably yeah, Diamondhead could just point at him and incap him with crystals encasing him (but Chromastone getting destroyed probably doesn’t happen in a lot of scenarios)

If Gigalith can absorb all of Chromastone’s energy attacks then I’d vote him for your reasons, however there still seems to be some discussion on that so I’ll hold off for now.

Also Chromastone scales higher above 352 megatons than Gigalith does above 531 I think.

Is he? Unfortunate. Gonna lock the thread, in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back