• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
About Emerl, couldn't he not handle the Emeralds, which kinda killed him? I don't think his body was capable of wielding their power.

The real cal howard said:
About Emerl, couldn't he not handle the Emeralds, which kinda killed him? I don't think his body was capable of wielding their power.
The FEB did that.

The real cal howard said:
No, that was the FEB which overloaded his processing, what actualy killed him was Gerald's program that he installed in case Emerl got overloaded

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

I mean, Sonic could have been sandbagging against Blaze like he did with everyone in battle until the final battle.

He tries to calm her down during the fight, which he rarely does to anyone.

If he was sandbagging her he would have won even when holding back, and Knuckles isn't some fodder character, he has been fairly consistantly portrait and stated as a rival to Sonic so i do think that we have enough evidence to say Blaze is close enough to Sonic. And it's not out of character for Sonic to reason with people even without holding back in a fight since he did the same to Merlina, who stomped him before he turned Excalibur Sonic.

Theuser789 said:
Ok so, Emerl and Sonic obviously Battle and beyond Chaos 0 for being able to fight all seven emeralds Emerl, Forces Knuckles and Silver and hold back a Sonic punch. Gemerl is a maybe via being a reconstructed Emerl, but he also could be weaker than the original. Silver in 06 should scale, Mephiles and anybody who fought him (mainly Shadow and Omega), Blaze if she truly was equal to Sonic in Rush, Knuckles in Rivals for being able to keep up with Sonic, Shadow and Silver, Metal in the same game as well. In Rivals 2 Ifrit should scale, idk about the side characters like Tails, Rouge and Espio in that game. Base Dark Gaia if he already doesn't and the Egg Dragoon. Dark Merlina and Excalibur Sonic even though they should be 3-A. And finnaly the Nega Wisp Armor
I mean, I already gave a list of who scales

He only tried to reason with her before the fight, didn't listen to her and just fought her until he beat her as Excalibur.

With Blaze he did it in the middle of a fight. Besides Knuckles was like fodder to Sonic around Battle (he even comments that his moves are easy to read).

IDRC if Blaze scales or not anyways.

Even if Knuckles is fodder to Sonic by this point he is also just fodder to Blaze here (in the context of the scene, she treats him as a mild annoyance after she effortlessly stomps him). She also fights the same machines throughout Rush AND Rush Adventure that Sonic does with the same level of difficulty/ease as Sonic does. Plus, if Eggman Nega (who is Blaze's arch-enemy) is smarter then Eggman and can build machines at least as strong as those of his ancestor then i think it's reasonable to scale Blaze to Sonic in a similair fassion. The only times she gets stomped in the series is against opponents that would also stomp Sonic and require using superforms for both characters to combat (like the Egg Salamander).

"smarter than Eggman" is something I really doubt buut this is neither here or there.

Anyways, proceed with the discussion, I may make a thread about Blaze scaling once this revisions are done and over with.

It's mentioned on Eggman Nega's profile that he's smarter then Eggman. He's basically a bloodlusted Eggman, seeing as, unlike Eggman, Nega is perfectly willing to destroy the very world(s) he's trying to conquer if things don't go his way (as shown in Rush Adventure where he's willing to blow up the planet just so he'll kill Sonic and Blaze despite knowing it will kill him, which Eggman actually calls him mad for. He also said to Blaze that he doesn't care what happens to her world before the battle between her and Sonic).

All right, so we know that Blaze has fought Eggman Nega before on multiple occations and we know that Nega can create machines at least as potent as the ones that Eggman can make. With this in mind, we do see both Sonic and Blaze fight pretty much the same machines and Blaze destroys every machine she fights with just as much ease as Sonic does, while also being shown to stomp Knuckles and Eggman was surprised by how powerfull she was by the time they met in Dead Line (she had defeated him 6 times by that point) while also stating that she and Sonic might take eachother out when a conversation escalated in a fight. Sure she did get stomped by the Egg Salamander before she turned into her burning form, but since that thing posseses 2-C level power it's safe to say that Sonic would've gotten stomped by that thing if he fought it by himself in his base form as well.

Bloodlusted=/=smarter, this is also the same guy who thought drawing his own ancestor from history would clean his family reputation without any hint of awarenesses of what it would mean for his entirey family tree.

But anyways, this isn't about how smart he is, IG it's fine that Blaze scales.

Supersonically said:
ok cuz hes definetly stronger than 5-A
This CRT is more about Emerl being stronger then he's currently said to be by the wiki and upgrading characters who reasonably scale to him along with it such as Blaze, Metal Sonic 3.0 and Silver probably gets his 5-B key removed if this checks out.

By the way, i propose we could give Emerl two keys: one for incomplete Emerl and one for Perfect Emerl, as it's clearly established that the seven chaos emeralds together are far superior to just six and Emerl only has all seven in the endgame of Sonic Battle, so i still think we could keep incomplete Emerl at 5-B.

Emerl would have two keys, normal and overloaded, the emeralds only unlock Emerls already existing power, they don't actualy amp him, and Shadow stopped the Gizoid from using them after his full revival with a Gerald program, which Eggman broke by overloading him

Theuser789 said:
Emerl would have two keys, normal and overloaded, the emeralds only unlock Emerls already existing power, they don't actualy amp him, and Shadow stopped the Gizoid from using them after his full revival with a Gerald program, which Eggman broke by overloading him
This ***** scaling so much lmao.

Amy, Cream and Chaos Gamma are fodder so they downscale from base Emerl for sure, Knuckles, Chaos, Rouge and to a lesser extend Tails are a bit more debatable (Rouge held her own against Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all at once, tho this can be argued as an outlier or PIS). Shadow was in a weakened state in that game, which is the direct justification for him losing most if not all of the fights he lost there so he should still be comperable to Sonic and Emerl.

It should be noted that after a training session with each character, the only one who says Emerl still has to improve is Sonic, everyone else says "holy shit you're strong as ****"

Base Emerl is only 5-B, only Ultimate Emerl is 5-A because he was overloading, Sonic even went to get the Master Emerald to deactivate the emeralds, nobody outside of Sonic scales to 5-A Emerl in Battle

I specifically meant scaling those characters to 5-B Emerl. I mean, Shadow is debatable in the 5-A scaling because he was in a weakened state, but i agree that no one else in that game other then Sonic should scale to 5-A Ultimate Emerl.

Yet only one game later he goes back to being able to beat Sonic again and in a later game he beats a guy who almost killed Sonic. Regardless of his appearance in Battle he still ties into the scaling here.

What about Black Doom and Imperator Ix? Their games came after Battle and they gave some of the toughest characters trouble so shouldn't they scale as well?

Ok fair. I guess King Arthur (aka the Black Knight) should probably scale as well, or at the very least his durabillity should scale since Sonic couldn't harm him without a sacred sword. Lancelot should probably scale as well and maybe Erazor Djin could scale as well.

King Arthur doesn't really scale to Sonic's full strength cause in the cutscenes after their first fight he is healing himself with the scabard and Sonic comments he is been doing that through the fight.

Basically the only reason Sonic didn't kill him the first time is cause the immortality, if it wasn't for that the game would be much shorter.

Back