• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dude, Sonic can fight other characters without caliburn, he did it in the opening as well, Sonic only used him cause one:it was the rules of this world and two:he needs caliburn to bypass his immortality, not his strength.

Heck Sonic in their first fight sucks ass at swordsmanship and he still caused the Fake Arthur to heal several times.

This is why i said his durabillity should still scale: regardless of how much raw strenght the Black Knight has, Sonic can't hurt him without a sacred sword. It's specifically stated the "he cannot be wounded" (healing doesn't prevent one from being wounded, it just patches wounds up quicker then someone who can't heal) and Sonic needed Caliburn to bypass this. The Black Knight never actually healed during the fights with Sonic, only afterwards, which is how Sonic was able to stop his healing to begin with. And just because Sonic could fight Arthur's minions without Caliburn doesn't mean he could do the same to Arthur himself since said minions are never said to have the same immortality. Plus Arthur should be massively superior to them anyway.

Sonic literally states after their first fight that he is been healing over and over during their fight, given he is immortal of course Sonic wouldn't kill him without the sacred swords (I should have said immortality rather than healing, my bad).

Can't hurt him Is a strong word, several times Sonic has been able to hurt him before wiping out the sacred swords, he even knocks him flat on his ass in their second fight before he uses the other swords.

I checked the cutscenes again and it pretty much spells out Arthur is only not dead cause the scabbard.

-Sonic ask Merlin's why is he invincible and she tells him it's the scabbard

-The cutscenes after their first fight has Arthur healing himself, crouching on the ground, Sonic comments they been doing this over and over, implying Arthur has been doing this the entire fight.

-Merlina says "as I thought, as long as he has the scabbard he is invincible"

Nothing about his own abilities aside from his swordmanship maybe (in comparison to Sonic's anyways), just the scabbard.

BlastX said:
I checked the cutscenes again and it pretty much spells out Arthur is only not dead cause the scabbard.
Just because it's the scabbard that doesn't change anything. That's like saying Infinite shouldn't scale because the Phantom Ruby does all the work for him. It doesn't change the fact that Sonic needed Caliburn to defeat him, he still couldn't take him out on his own.

There's a difference, the PR actually amped Infinite's capabilities while the scabbard only made Fake Arthur immortal.

The two are very different things.

The only thing Sonic needed Caliburn for was bypassing his immortality, he did not make Sonic stronger in any way.

I think it's shown in the opening cutscene where he pulls that sword out of the scabbard, that thing is clearly way too big to fit in that scabbard by itself. Not to mention if the sword is indeed produced from the scabbard then that means King Arthur does draw power from the scabbard rather then just using it to make him immortal.

It's not mentioned that the sword came from the scabbard, he just pulls it out of hammerspace like Sonic and go pulls out the emeralds or hammers.

It's not mentioned, but if you pay attention to the cutscene then you see he pulls it right from where he had the scabbard. Not to mention Merlina uses the same swords when she draws power from the scabbard.

I don't think it's ever shown where he keeps the scabbard and even then, he could just summon the sword from Hammerspace, Merlina's...stand IG looks like Fake Arthur in general so she probably made it like that for symbolic reason.

And even if he was drawing power from the scabbard, It's noted time and time again in the story that the only reason he isn't dead from the get go is cause he immortality the scabbard gives to him, not because it makes him too strong.

Back