• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prime Soul King Profile Additions

bring about an effect similar to that of the Hogyoku.

A device that manifests the desires of those around it

it basically means that thanks to the fragments they have those powers

Yes, I do not deny that.

But why are you assuming the abilities that are developed based on each individuals attachment are inherent to the shards themselves.

Yes, their desires are explained by Chad and Ginjo. The desire is their attachment to their Fullbring, the actual object.

However, just as explained by Ginjo in the manga already, the attachment to their Fullbring is only an extension of the base Fullbring ability, the manipulation of the soul of the object.

It's just a better version of Fullbring in an object of their desire and attachment.

Correct the basic functions of a Fullbringer is the ability to manipulate the souls of objects.

But what you are claiming, to reference my above examples:

The shard of the SK in Giriko inherently posesses an ability based around time.

The shard of the SK in Jackie inherently posesses the abiity tp increase it's power the more filth that covers it

The shard of the SK in Yukio not only inherently posesses the abilitty to create pocket dimensions, but also bases the functions of those pocket dimensions around video games.

Yes, exactly what I mean, the basic functions of Fullbringers is the ability to manipulate the souls of objects and they can put steroids on this with their desired object.

Although I wouldn't say Yukio's is based around video games, it's just how he uses it all pixelated when we saw with Chad he could make realistic dimensions.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Yes, exactly what I mean, the basic functions of Fullbringers is the ability to manipulate the souls of objects and they can put steroids on this with their desired object.
Meaning that even if this is the case, the SK would absolutely need the objects in question in order to use the abilities associated with it.

And back to my planned out/coincidence point.

Giriko just so happened to have bonded with a clock

Jackie just so happened to have a back story about keeping her boots shiny

Yukio just so happened to want to immerse himself entirely into his 'virtual reality'

Added Orihime Inoue's Causality Manipulation for the time being into the OP, thank you for pointing it out yet again

Why would the SK need the objects in his prime?

The SK would have Aura's basic Fullbring abilities which is equivalent to having all objects with a soul be her Fullbring at once. He's also blatantly superior and not limited like them.

Wait, wait, when you say that Fullbringers can manipulate the souls of objects to a greater degree, do you mean to say that it is the object's soul that gives them their abilities? Otherwise I'm not sure where you are going with that.

The bond between a Fullbringer and their object can't be just an expansion on the basic ability of Fullbringers. Because if that is the case then you are saying that the abilities they use come from the soul of the object in question, and not from the Fullbringer themself, or the shard of the SK inside them.

I think I disagree with this bit too:

> Durability Negation and Damage Reflection - Gerard Valkyrie is the Soul King's Heart, and as such he embodies all the abilites that Gerard's 'The Miracle' bestow upon Gerard (Already on Gerard's profile - If Hoffnung is damaged, the person who damaged it will suffer injuries in return)

Hoffnung is Gerard's weapon. Gerard being the 'Soul King's heart' doesn't imply that the Soul King can create/use Hoffnung at will.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
M11UTD said:
Actually it is. Also SK was stated to be omnipotent and omniscient, why wouldn't he be able to do something that an inferior being with similar powers to his but on a smaller scale can?
.....I really hope this argument is not serious.
I doubt you even understood this comment tbh.

Damage3245 said:
Hoffnung is Gerard's weapon. Gerard being the 'Soul King's heart' doesn't imply that the Soul King can create/use Hoffnung at will.
The damage reflection bit is part of Gerard's base ability. It showcases itself via his weapon, sure, but the weapon and ability come from being the Soul King's Heart.

This is splitting hairs.

@Xulrev; it may be nitpicky, but seeing as Gerard only showcases this ability through his sword, giving it to the Soul King without any sign of the Soul King using the same sword is unwarranted.

Damage3245 said:
@Xulrev; it may be nitpicky, but seeing as Gerard only showcases this ability through his sword, giving it to the Soul King without any sign of the Soul King using the same sword is unwarranted.
Gerard directly states it's his 'Miracle' ability that creates the effect, not Hoffnung. It merely expresses via that route.

Link Eternal said:
That still implies that Hoffnung is required to use that aspect.
Required is not the correct word here I assert. The ability itself belongs to Gerard via his being the Heart of the Soul King. Covnenient, perhaps?

The ability belongs to the Soul King's heart at the end of the day.

Who may or may not posess Hoffnung, the only object that this particular aspect of The Miracle was shown to work through. Asserting that the PSK could definitely use this apect without the sword (yes, he probably can) would be an assumption that isn't proven.

I read above that Aizen used the SK nail to make the Hogyaku, can someone explain this with more details?

The sword is an extension of Gerard's power due to being intrinsically linked, then, by this argument. So it still is part of the Heart's power for the Soul King.

Still disagree, we do not know if Hoffnung is a sword born from The Miracle or not, yes the Miracle can be channeled through it, but that does not mean that the functions of the sword are intrinsic to the heart .

It does. Gerard states it as a function of his The Miracle.

Ignoring factual evidence given to us by the character isnt a good basis for disagreement

It is a function of The Miracle but the actual application of it appears to depend on Hoffnung.

If the Soul King doesn't have Hoffnung, then he wouldn't be able to do the exact same feat as Gerard, right?

This like Yhwach doesn't get Jugram shield which is part of his Balance ability. Can't he just add that ability to another sword & shield?

I'm sure he could, but the only weapon we know he has for sure is a Bow

Edit: Actually nvm I could of sworn that I read that he killed the Hollow with an arrow, but it just said that he destroyed it... so as far as we know he has no weapon

Soul King is a Quincy and they have the ability to make energy swords, bows, arrows, etc and solidify weapons such as bows, guns, crossbows, shields, miniguns as well.

At the end of the day, PSK gets Hoffnung's hax. As a Fullbringer, he can also just make stuff with soul manip. Most of the SK's stuff is redundant tbh and only serves as a wall of shit that doesn't even serve a purpose beyond page accuracy.

Still disagreeing with that Schrift stuff.

Don't the Fullbringers need to form attachments to certain objects in order to draw out powers from them?

Could the Soul King really create a video game pocket dimension before video games were invented?

Damage3245 said:
Don't the Fullbringers need to form attachments to certain objects in order to draw out powers from them?
Could the Soul King really create a video game pocket dimension before video games were invented?
Yes. According to Ichibei he was aware of Ichigo's existence.

"By controlling Reishi which dwells in matter, a Fullbringer is able to distort and manipulate the matter itself, and at times, even the laws of physics. Moreover, they can invoke their very own abilities through the transfiguration of an object in their possession which they hold a particular attachment to. However, that isn't the case for this individual." CFYOW Vol. 2 Chapter 10 part 2

The distinction to make here is that while it is the shard of the SK that gave them the capacity to achieve this, the abilities they invoke are not innate to the shard itself. Thus it is not an ability the SK held while whole.

When Ginjo stole Ichigo's Fullbring (his Shard probably) he was able to give his ability to all other So it kinda shows that it comes from shard itself Cause other wise it would have been a simple boost which is not what Yukio said when he got it

Dazai is 100% on the money here. If the shard were not what created their specific powers then every Fullbringer would have simply gotten a raw stat boost. This was not the case. The power is from the shard thus it belongs to the SK

Back