• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lou_change

He/Him

Introduction​

Hello this crt will go over ever pre hardcore character except the player focusing on ap, abilities, and summons.

So the AP justification is a bit odd for pre Wall of Flesh. First the calc isn't even on the verse page it is only linked on two pages King Slime's and Eater of Worlds's with the on page justification's being "Can easily survive an explosion from dynamite" and "Can easily dig through Ebonstone, which takes no damage from explosives such as dynamite" respectively with both linking the the calc the thing is the both refer to the wrong explosive device, dynamite only blows up a 7 block radius. The item the calc uses is the explosives which are an item that prior to defeating Skeletron and meeting the mechanic can only be found and activated by preexisting traps that can easily one shot a late pre-hardcore player, without damage reduction, doing 500 damage. The Terrarian can hardly even use them at this point in the game since they don't have the ability to interact with wires. Saying that the Terrarian should back scale since they can harm bosses that survive those explosions seems rather disingenuous given those bosses aren't one shot with hardcore weapons, I mean king slime can reappear with slime rain post moon lord and still not be one shot by most weapons.

The calc also claims the explosion destroyed 948910000 centimeters of tungsten which is not the case, it destroyed 948910000 centimeters of tungsten ore. Ore is usually not pure this is supported in terraria by the fact that they have to be smelted in the furnace. In fact, it takes 4 pieces of tungsten ore to create 1 tungsten bar which can be placed as blocks consisting of four bars (I am not sure how that math works but it happens). This implies tungsten ore blocks consist of around 6.25% tungsten.

The durability of the tungsten seems different from our values. Tungsten falls between silver and gold strengthwise in game despite it having a fragmentation value of 400 J/cc compared to silver's 65 J/cc and gold's 50 J/cc.

The justification for 8-A is flat out wrong Ebonstone has been breakable by explosives since version 1.1 about 5 and a half years before the profile eater of worlds profile was originally made and long before it received it's current tier and the other 8-A characters got to scale to it.

For early game player I suggest downscaling from the bomb which greatly damages most early game enemies and is technically not guaranteed to one shot the player without any armor or upgrades. For replacement feats I guess there is king slimes falling in the background during slime rain which we could calc ke with terminal velocity.
Agree:
Disagree:
Guide's profile is missing some things. Primarily related to his connection to the Wall of Flesh and the implications. Starting with resurrection possibly immortality type 4 (Low godly), the reasoning for this is pretty simple we consider the guide a single character and we accept the fact he comes back from dying when we summon the Wall of Flesh in hardmode. The game itself refers to the Guide as a single individual in his bestiary entry, "The Guide always offers useful advice and crafting recipes. His origins and unusual connections to this world remain a mystery." and the voodoo demon's bestiary entry says "Higher ranking demons can possess a voodoo doll of the chosen one, whose soul is linked with the world's guardian himself." Both support the idea of him being the same guy when coming back. That is the most concrete evidence for resurrection but there is some other more speculative evidence. At least one of the possible title messages directly jokes about his death seeming return with "Rumors of the Guides' death were greatly exaggerated" and arguably "Terraria Part 3: The Return of the Guide". He is referred to as having a special connection to the world which may mean he reincarnates similar to the Dryad. The guide says "I'm quite fond of <name of Clothier>, we have a lot in common.", "I'm quite fond of <name of Zoologist>, we have a lot in common.", and "Having <name of Princess> around makes me feel at ease, as though a curse was finally lifted from me.". This all implies his connection to the Wall of Flesh is a curse which may explain why he says "Perhaps the old man by the dungeon would like to join us now that his curse has been lifted." The Clothier being the Old Man who transforms into Skeletron, "This hapless Old Man carries the burden of a heavy curse. It's said at night he transforms into a horrific demon which guards the Dungeon." and I am pretty sure we killed Skeletron so the old man should probably be dead as result. The Clothier is also one of two NPCs to acknowledge their own death as if you wear his hat while talking to him which you can only get by killing him, he will only say "That Red Hat of yours looks familiar..." the other NPC to acknowledge their own death is the Guide who says, "I wonder why my predecessor spontaneously burst into flames. Hopefully it doesn't happen to me..." note before fight the Wall of Flesh the Guide will tell you how to summon it and acknowledge the voodoo dolls, "When you are ready to challenge the keeper of the underworld, you will have to make a living sacrifice. Everything you need for it can be found in the underworld." So that might seem contradictory but think this might be a joking comment based on some other comments he makes "They say there is a person who will tell you how to survive in this land... oh wait. That's me." and "If you were to look up, you'd see that the moon is red right now."

He should probably have something for what happens when he dies in lava in the underworld, I don't know if it is summoning, transformation, sealing, or whatever but it is definitely something.

Possibly a resistance to lava. I know that sounds weird given he does die in lava as part of the narrative but the Nurse says the following:
"I need to have a serious talk with <name of Guide>. How many times a week can you come in with severe lava burns?" Which implies he regularly goes to the nurse to get treatment for lava burns something I think you wouldn't survive without a resistance to but also due to how lava works in game he can survive contact more easily than the base terrarian.

Finally, the justification for his stats in his second key wouldn't justify 8-A on account of the wall of flesh not being 8-A.
Agree:
Disagree:

King Slime's intelligence justification isn't great the knows how to summon slimes part is probably wrong given that king shrinks as they are damaged and the "summoned" slimes appear by popping off king slime when the king is damaged suggesting the "summoned" slimes are just something that happens when the king is damaged. That said there's still stuff to add to their intelligence rating for one it is implied that nerdy slime was part of them or evolved from them. Nerdy slime is described in the bestiary as "Just a smidge cleverer than other slimes, this slime discovered how to coexist with humans. The secret: accessorizing!"

There's also the king's bestiary which says "Slimes normally aren't intelligent, but occasionally they merge together to become a powerful force to swallow all things." The fact the explanation of how king slime formed is prefaced by "slimes normally aren't intelligent" implying forming into king slime is an unusually intelligent act for slimes. King slime is likely comparable to their components in intelligence. They also teleports directly on top of the player if they can't reach the player otherwise.

King slime doesn't resist venom anymore on account of the status effect being revised into acid venom which does effect them. Their resistance to mind manipulation further is supported by their immunity to the royal gel. Which doesn't contradict lore as king slime's bestiary implies multiple king slimes have existed so it's probably not impossible plus we scale dungeon guardian to gear that can't be obtained while it exists. We don't list what king slime's summons are like, their normal blue slimes have small size type 0, limited adhesive manipulation on account of being made out of gel which is an adhesive same goes for king slime, resistance to poison as they are immune to the poison status, adaption and possibly absorption for the same reason as king slime, spiked slimes are the same as blue slimes plus bodily weaponry for the spikes on them that they shoot, non-physical interaction alongside king slime can hit a shimmered player, and resistance to mind manipulation for not being effected by royal gel.

King slime's range and lifting strength are bad, king slime has large size, this calc gives us 7.278 meters and while the calc as a whole is not used any more due to a change in terraria's speed, the size found was used as a reference in a currently used speed calc so it's probably accurate that means they should have several meter range. Spiked slimes have tens of meters range with their spikes and below average melee range in melee just like blue slimes. Should also have class 5 LS like Eye of Cthulhu for the same reason.

Finally for the king, creation as they get a new crown when teleporting.
Agree:
Disagree:
Pretty good profile right now just missing a few things. Bodily weaponry in second phase, I mean its charges do more damage and just look at its teeth, non physical interaction for being able to hit a shimmered player, large size type 0 as explained here, possibly longevity was implied to have been ripped out of cthulhu's eye socket a long time ago (the lore pages has a preface including, "a few legends of old have made their way to our present time. Passed down by countless generations of the Order of the Guide") and presumably been alive that whole time.

The servants of cthulhu it summons have small size type 0, flight, intangibility for being able to go through walls, non physical interaction for being able to hit a shimmered player, and resistance to mind manipulation for being immune to confusion.
Agree:
Disagree:
So Eater of Worlds is kind weird for one it is basically 72 enemies in a trench coat which probably creates some edgecases which lead me to suggest the addition of the following to the notable attack section.
Segments: The Eater of Worlds consists of 72 segments including one head segment, seventy body segments, and a tail segment. The head segments have the least armor but do the most damage with their bites. The body segments do less damage than the head but are more armor. The tail segments have the most armor but do the least damage. When a segment is destroyed the body segments next to it will convert into either a tail segment or head segment which often leads to the creation of 2 smaller EoW, when a body segment is destroyed. Fragments of the EoW surviving being reduced to just a head and tail segment.

Underground Mobility, the self evident underground mobility thread has been dead for 3 years with my one attempt at using the thread being the last comment. So, I am really tempted to tell you all just guess the justification. In fact, I am doing that. (with a hint since I am required to provide evidence)

Base on the corrupter's bestiary: "Like a cancer, the putrid creatures born from the Corruption mutate and grow into bigger, more deadly forms which discharge acids." Vile Spit is an acid giving the EoW acid manipulation.

Speaking of Vile Spit I propose a rewrite to it's part in the Notable Attacks section.
Vile Spit: The Eater of Worlds is able to shoot Vile Spit from its head and body segments. The Eater doesn't shoot from its body segments when underground or indoors. Head segments will fire more rapidly as they are damaged. Vile Spit has a 5% chance to inflict weak if it hits but it is easily destroyed.

Weak lasts either 12 and a half hours based on in game time or 12 minutes and 30 seconds real time which one do we use?

Besides the bestiary above there is the Eater of Plankton which is either a part of the Eater of Worlds that became a fish or a fish that mutated after being exposed to part of the Eater of Worlds. I can't actually tell which it is meant to be based on the language used but it should maybe warrant adaptation.

Status effects are applied to segments individually rather than affecting all segments at once. Do we consist that an ability?

The Eater is resistant to most pre hardmode explosives and bees released from explosives. So maybe resistance to explosives. The Eater of Worlds also only takes 65% of the usual damage from the fire projectiles of the Molotov Cocktail, and the projectiles will pierce 1 less target. That might be too specific to actually be anything however. Resistance to lava as well given it isn't just phasing like most bosses but isn't effected by lava.

Non-physical interaction can hit a shimmered player, bodily weaponry for the jaws that helped give it the name Eater of Worlds and the acid, class 5 LS for knocking around the Terrarian, change range to hundreds of meters on account of it being over a hundred meters long and the Vile Spit, maybe with a note saying it's melee range decreases as it is split into pieces.

Finally, Eater of Worlds shouldn't have flight user as a category.

So, Brain of Cthulhu can't be harmed in the first phase likely due to a second layer of intangibility, rather than some extreme durability, given it becomes vulnerable after revealing its eye heart but is not harmed by piercing weapons prior.

The Brain's range is wrong due to its size and it should probably have Longevity for being at least 500 going by it's age section.

The brain and its creeper minions should have hive mind for being part of the Crimson. Further supported by the bestiaries for both. The Brain of Cthulhu's says, "A piece of Cthulhu torn asunder, this vile mastermind pulses with agony and aids the Crimson in an attempt to avenge its master." Meanwhile the creepers' says, "Manipulated through the hive mind of the Crimson, Creepers serve as the brain's eyes and orbit around it for defense in numbers." The Crimson as a whole seems to be a type 1 hive mind, while the brain is still able to feel agony and seemingly choose to help the Crimson just to avenge its master suggests it specifically has type 2.

The summoning is probably wrong, it just brought the creepers with it to the fight. Having things follow you around isn't a special power.

The Brain should have Extrasensory Perception for using the creepers eyes instead of it own eye. That also likely being the reason for it revealing its eye heart, so it could see.

The brain only ever spawns with 20 eyes not 30.

BoC also has a few status effects it can inflict beyond those on the profile. Poisoned giving poison manipulation, bleeding maybe giving blood manipulation or regeneration negation (low mid only effects natural regeneration), confused gives mind manipulation, slow, & broken armor give statistics reduction. Three of the status effects already referenced on the profile darkness, silenced, cursed are not explained well. Weak is accurate but should probably also give statistics reduction. Darkness is mentioned as a blinding effect the creepers can give, but based on what we see in game and the tool tip it specifically reduces light vision rather than fully blind someone perception manipulation I guess. The power null justification is certainly something "(Can prevent magical spell and the usage of weapons)". Ah yes can prevent 1 magical spell. There's also the other justification "disable magic based attacks and summoning abilities." These both inaccurately explain silenced. It prevents the use of mana. I was able to find a number of items that explicitly summon things and aren't affected. It does however affect abilities that cost zero mana due to equipment. Cursed does a bit more than it says on the profile about stopping the use of weapons. It disables the usage of all items in the main inventory and grappling hooks. Annoyingly at least one edge case seem to exist as a result.

The brain has a one in three chance to inflict a status effect once it enters the second phase while the eyes are guaranteed to inflict one on hit.

Creepers scale to the brain, have all the abilities related to the status effects, flight, and non physical interaction for hitting a shimmered player.
Agree:
Disagree:
Queen Bee (Terraria) has one of the better profiles for terraria's average, it's even one of the ones with an intelligence rating that isn't unknown.

Bee Queen is one of the bosses that enrages, so rage power. She is faster both movement and attack wise while enraged. She also becomes faster and gains more defense as she loses health this could also be rage power but it could also be Accelerated Development (battle; stats, gains defense and speed as they are injured)

Bodily weaponry and body control. She has the ability to fire stingers. She is also poisonous to the touch.

Limited non physical interaction, her stingers are able to hit a shimmered player. There is also a weird mechanic, if a normal bee exists she is able to hit and be hit by other enemies. I guess that might be a power.

She is immune to the poison status as of 1.4.1.2 so she should have resistance to poison.

The queen should have extended melee range opposed to standard melee range.

Bees have non physical interaction (can hit most enemies and a shimmered player), small size (type 1), bodily weaponry, poison manipulation, and both of their queen's resistances (mind and poison manipulation)
Agree:
Disagree:
Skeletron's profile is mostly missing context and the clothier, aka the old man. I should probably explain the second part first. The old man was given a curse which is actually Skeletron and as a result he transforms into Skeletron at night. The old man seems to refer to the curse as his master using the terms interchangeably. It is somewhat implied Skeletron took control of the old man to kidnap the mechanic. Clothier's quotes include "I keep having vague memories of tying up a woman and throwing her in a dungeon." referring to the mechanic and "I hate <name of Mechanic> and I don't know why." Besides the memory issues regarding the mechanic there's also the fact it is out of character with him usually opposing Skeletron and being called benevolent in the lore. This suggests Skeletron could possess his host he also takes control when they transform into Skeletron. It also seems he has some sort of limited immortality as a result of the clothier's own as explained in the Guide section. With Skeletron only being let out again if the clothier is killed at night by someone holding his voodoo doll and seemingly unable to affect the clothier otherwise. So for his connection to the old man/clothier he should get transformation (causes his host, the old man/clothier, to transform in him), possession (is implied to have possessed the old man to kidnap the mechanic and takes control of the old man when they transform into Skeletron), Immortality (type 4, low godly, when old man is kill they will come back to life a day later. If Skeletron himself is killed the old man still comes back but Skeletron's influence on them is greatly reduced only being able to transform when the clothier is killed at night by someone using the Clothier Voodoo Doll)

Now for the missing context part. For berserker mode we should probably explain it only effects the head and it won't spit skulls. Magic takes a while to explain and should probably have come with curse manipulation. It also seems the best candidate for causing everyone to become undead and go insane. Finally it implied the dungeon guardians are Skeletron's doing given they stop appearing once he is defeated. There's also the bone key dropped by a dungeon guardian which summons a Baby Skeletron, the achievement for beating Skeletron calls him "the cursed guardian of the dungeon", and it helps explain some of the old man's quotes, "I cannot let you enter until you free me of my curse." and "Defeat my master, and I will grant you passage into the Dungeon." The old man isn't actually preventing you from entering the dungeon but telling you that you shouldn't enter the dungeon due to the curse. So from magic he has curse manipulation (Cursed the old man and the dungeon), necromancy and madness manipulation (with a curse forced all its inhabitants to go mad – living beyond the point where their bodies rotted away and they became mindless undead servants of evil), and summoning (responsible for the appearance of dungeon guardians in the dungeon). The range and notable attack section refer to the homing skulls as cursed skulls which is actually the name of an enemy, the difference between the two is the skulls Skeletron shoots have eyes. Also it may be worth noting that Skeletron will also start shooting them when the head's health is reduced to below 75% and shoots them at twice the usual rate when both his arms are destroyed. Statistics reduction should probably note he does that by hitting you with his hand and only happens half the time. Regen negation should have a link, level listed (low mid) and a note saying it happens when he hits with his head. Resistance to bleeding seems based of his former resistance to the bleed effect but is still accurate for the head since he is immune to the Blood Butchered effect which can effect plants and inorganic beings so he might even be resistance to blood manipulation, that said he literally bleeds from he's arms so I don't think he resists bleeding, I also am not sure if the arms are also immune to the Blood Butchered effect.

Moving on to stuff besides the old man and what is already on the profile. Non-physical interaction for hitting a shimmering player, a resistance for it's head while berserk to durability negation for resisting the Lightning Aura sentry summons durability negation, I am pretty sure it moves faster while spinning and according the terraria wiki it also gets faster
by 5% when one hand is down, and 10% when both go down and if the player is 9.375 tiles away or more, its speed gets multiplied by 1.1 for every 3.125 tiles above this threshold, up to 2.6× speed when at 37.5 tiles away. I think that is statistic amplification for speed. His arms should included as part of his tens of meters range justification as shown here.

Lastly let's discuss the ap justification for his enraged state it scales to the dungeon guardians that don't exist when you get endgame gear unless you world hop as killing Skeletron is required for the cultist to show up which is in turn required to get endgame gear. The fix is simple we reverse the scaling chain since you can summon Skeletron again after getting the gear.
Agree:
Disagree:
Duplication is probably not it's doing, other than that it has a bunch of resistances due to being immune to all status effects that can be inflicted on enemies including Acid Venom, Betsy's Curse, Blood Butchered, Celled, Confused, Cursed Inferno, Daybroken, Dryad's Bane, Frostbite, Frostburn, Hellfire, Ichor, Lovestruck, Midas, Oiled, On Fire!, Penetrated, Poisoned, Shadowflame, Shimmering, Slime, Sparkle Slime, Stinky, Wet, and Whip debuffs. I honestly don't know what all of these are so I guess we can try figuring that out. They also resist the Lightning Aura sentry summons durability negation. Infinite stamina seems inaccurate given the only enemy it chases doesn't have infinite stamina and immortality type 2 doesn't make sense given it doesn't break at all prior to dying.
Agree:
Disagree:
Okay starting with the simplest change. We know the Wall of Flesh's gender, he is a guy. Now for new powers, bodily weaponry for the mouth, the hungries aka small mouths, and eye lasers, healing (Low-mid, the leech's bestiary entry says the Wall's blood has healing properties seemingly referring to the leech's chance of dropping hearts), limited regeneration (High-low, can regrow the hungry which are extra mouths according to the bestiary, limited because those are the only part that are shown to regenerate), Elasticity (I don't really know what else to consider the tongue, it also prevents the player from using items, and drags them through walls which are probably also abilities, I just don't know what they would be), Accelerated development (battle; abilities and stats as his health decreases, his speed and the hungry's defense and attack while attached to him, and the rate he vomits leeches increase along with the frequency, speed, and power of his eye lasers increasing), non physical interaction I now realize I probably could have just list everyone who got it earlier but he can touch a shimmering player and so can the leeches, range should probably be extended melee for size alone rather than standard melee. The leeches get super human physical characteristic, underground mobility, resistance to mind manipulation (immune to confuse) and lava (isn't harmed by swimming in it). The hungry can fly after detaching from the wall and survive being detached until killed but are weaker.

Now for a few removals, summoning is kinda weird the leeches are his own parasites, he is effectively throwing ticks at you. I guess it still is the power that best explains what happened but they are already part of the Wall's standard equipment. The notable attack lick and trap claims, "When damaged, the Wall of Flesh is constantly moving towards the edge of the Underworld. Should it succeed, all those within the Underworld will die and be trapped with it for eternity." Note the wall does not need to be harmed to go across the underworld and there is nothing to suggest the be trapped with it for eternity thing anywhere to my knowledge. The death thing is also kind of weird there are two death messages "<Player name> was licked." and "<Player name> got to 1st base with the Wall of Flesh!" both imply it is suppose to be it eating the player and I am willing to bet it isn't meant to represent killing everything in the underworld given npc's aren't effected this might warrant a higher rating for it eating given it is an instant kill. The hungry should not be equipment given they are part of the wall. Resistance to hellfire goes because it is no longer an ability and it doesn't resist either status effect, it also is no longer resistant to poison and only the main body is resistant to fire as the hungry aren't immune to on fire for some reason. Finally remove light, dark manipulation, sealing, and 5-C. This will be explained in the next part.
Agree:
Disagree:
Wall of Flesh's rating is odd, it is from this crt. With this being the argument, "Now, way back when, we had the Destroyer, Skeletron Prime and Twins be High 6-A for stopping the solar eclipse from being able to occur, but there was no lore reason for them to do so. It was just gameplay mechanics.

... What isn't gameplay mechanics, however, is the fact that the Solar Eclipse is one of the things that the Wall of Flesh is supposed to seal away in the first place. In fact, even if you kill every single Mechanical boss and then try to summon a Solar Eclipse via a Solar Tablet in a Pre-Hardmode world, it won't actually work."
That was done as bug fix because they didn't get rid all the ways you can get into the temple Pre-Hardmode likely in part to protect Hoik and not completely screwing you over if you get a world without an entrance to the temple. (If I every do a p&a revision for the Terrarian it will just be trying to add Hoik) They previously made it so defeating Plantra is required to summon Golem, so it's probably just a game mechanic to prevent someone going into a temple, that had a world gen error, Pre-Hardmode grabbing and using a tablet since it is the only Hardmode summoning item that can be got from a Pre-Hardmode world. I am also pretty sure world hopping to get the mechanical bosses early isn't backed up by any of the confirmed canon. It would probably not be good for Pre-Hardmode multiplayer if someone could just drop in once, summon and beat a mechanical boss, to cause a randomly occurring Hardmode event.

Now beyond the fact it is unlikely the spirits are causing the eclipses let's discuss the Wall of Flesh's sealing. It is based on his bestiary entry: "Serving as the world's core and guardian, the towering demon lord exists to keep powerful ancient spirits sealed away."

There is further context however from the lore event quote, "The Hallow, on the other hand, is of an entirely different nature. Within each world is a Guardian who serves as the worlds master and core. Once this creature is destroyed the world will release the Ancient Spirits of Light and Dark to expedite the process of finding a new Guardian. It is here when the Hallow is created and functions as an overcompensation of purity, taken to the absolute extreme. The Hallow cures threats that would attempt to violate the critical balance of life, killing anything in its path as though it were treating an infection – whether friend, foe, or neutral party. Ultimately, the Hallow serves to push back against the never-ceasing encroachment of control." The world releases them seeming as a last resort supported by the Dryad wanting all of them gone. The sealing thing probably refers to the world being required to release them when it's guardian is defeated and the world releasing them being generally not good despite being defense mechanisms, I mean one is literally described as equivalent to cancer.

This would mean no one scales to the spirits since the world itself releases them meaning wall of flesh doesn't have sealing, darkness, or light manipulation.

That said there are a few other candidates for actually causing the eclipse. Yes I mean causing you see it's unlikely the eclipses that happen in game are natural. The trivia section on the terraria wiki explains this well.
  • The type of Solar Eclipse displayed in Terraria is an annular solar eclipse. An annular eclipse occurs when the sun and moon are exactly in line with the earth, but the apparent size of the moon is smaller than that of the sun. Hence the sun appears as a very bright ring, or annulus, surrounding the dark disk of the moon. In real life, such eclipses are extremely rare, happening less than once a year and rarely where people can see them.
  • Real-life solar eclipses only occur on new moons. In Terraria, the event can occur on any phase of the moon.
  • Real-life solar eclipses usually only last for about seven minutes (and about only 2 minutes of total eclipse), while the one in the game can last for an entire 15 in-game hours.
  • In-game eclipses occur at a daily rate of 5%, whereas eclipses on earth occur roughly every six months, which comes out to 0.005% of the time somewhere on the planet. The in-game eclipse therefore occurs about 1000 times as often as real-life eclipses. Since eclipses are only visible from one side of the planet with each occurrence, visible eclipses in-game would be closer to at least 2000 times more frequent.
Worlds can even come with moons that shouldn't be able to cause solar eclipses.

You see the original problem with blaming the mech bosses is that they didn't have the means to mess with the moon. The Moon Lord however might being an immensely powerful being that is on the moon. The Moon Lord might you see on a meta level there's an interesting connection between the Moon Lord and the monsters that appear during the eclipse. All but Eyezor and Reaper are references to 20th century horror. With the Moon Lord straight up being a reimagining of Cthulhu from the 1928 novel "The Call of Cthulhu" and CrownO has said as much for every other monster. Eyezor meanwhile is the only eye themed monsters (besides Deerclops who is from a crossover) to not be directly associated with Cthulhu in provided lore. Reaper is probably just there for all the death. There's also the fact you get The Eye of Cthulhu from the event.

There's a few problems with this idea admittedly;
First, the eclipses keep happening after he dies. Second, it doesn't explain why the solar tablets cause eclipses.

Technically the official name is Lihzahrd but I am calling them this because I find it funny. So every event that affects eclipses also correlates with a change in the jungle. The life fruits only start to appear once you break one of Cthuhlu's prosthesis which also allows the solar eclipse. Ruining more of Cthulhu's nights causes the jungle to grow restless as Plantra wakes up and the reaper starts showing up during the eclipse. Finally when Plantra is defeated the eclipse gains 6 more monsters. I guess there is also the fact the Lizard people have the Solar Tablets which are able to cause Solar eclipses.

So I propose the following the Lizard People noticed appearance of life fruit and started using Solar Tablets every once in a while in an attempt to stop further changes to the jungle. (possibly in an attempt to keep Plantra dormant and the key to the temple hidden) The new monsters appearing after Plantra's defeat is for similar reasons to the dungeon changes or the second enemy buff in expert mode. (The reaper showing up could just be due to it happens to be a time a lot of people are supposed to die. Their bestiary entry supports this.)
Note supposedly at one point in time (1.2.0.3.1) solar eclipses once didn't happen until you beat Plantra so it could just be her.

So before the Moon Lord became the final boss, Re-Logic had something else in mind. The final boss would be the moon itself. The qna predates the release of 1.2 by 3 days, the update Solar Eclipses were added so the idea the moon itself was responsible may have been in mind at the time.

There's a few problems with this however I admit. Why does the moon do it? Spite? The moon is never confirmed sentient by either post, the closest things to suggesting that it is are the Pumpkin and Frost Moons from 1.2.1 made less than a month after the qna and 1.2.2 in December that the same year respectively. With the events both giving the moon a face.

Terraria is a 2011 action-adventure sandbox game developed by Re-Logic. As a result of this not everything with in the game makes sense in universe.
Why does slime rain not happen unless you have 8 defense and 140 max health?

Why won't goblins invade until you destroy a shadow orb or a crimson heart and have 200 health?

Why won't meteors appear until you kill Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu?

Why are certain blocks explosive proof until Hardmode?

Why won't pirates show up until you destroy an alter and have 200 max health?

Why does defeating Eye of Cthulhu and Wall of Flesh the same day cause the second one you kill to drop Badger's Hat?

Why does ever Hardmode boss except queen slime drop developer items in expert mode?

Why do blood moons aka Lunar Eclipses not happen until you have 120 max health, did the Terrarian cause the existence of periods?

In game none of these questions have answers, just like the solar eclipse. Terraria's story has always taken a back seat to gameplay and the developers have encouraged people to come up with their own. (The first three references)

The solar eclipse had the conditions for it occurring change 4 times. They didn't apply the same type of thought to it as we have.
So where do these ideas leave us? The first would mean only Moon Lord scales. The Second wouldn't necessarily scale to anyone as neither Plantra nor Golem have anything explicitly suggesting that they would be comparable to Solar Tablets. Implicitly given they have roles as protectors of the Lizard People civilization it isn't unreasonable to compare them to one of the Lizard People's creations. So maybe a possibility rating for scaling for either Post-Mechs or Post-Plantra. The last two would mean no one scales.
Agree:
Disagree:

Back