• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powerpuff Girls DC Comics Canonicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Today I'm going to be arguing for the canonicity of the DC Comics. Not to be confused with the 2013 IDW run, which I've sadly found no arguments for.

The DC Comic run of Powerpuff Girls is written by familiar staff writers on The Powerpuff Girls as it was airing at the time. Chris Savino was a writer on it as well as a good number of PPG episodes. Don't look at any of the other things Chris Savino did, I beg of you. But more prominently, Amy Keating Rogers, who was head writer on the show at the time personally wrote some comics. Issue 1: Go Squirrel Go was even adapted into the episode Stray Bullet, which features the girls accidentally giving a squirrel superpowers.

Seeing as how the series doesn't contradict anything either, I think this should be substantial enough to earn these comics validity.

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Definitely following. Most of the people know that Deja View, which takes place in an alternate/mirror universe, was supposed to be a episode at first though they had their resources on that origin story/prequel movie. Probably makes a connection even closer.

Last edited:
Cosmology stuff probably won't matter much since there are no multiversal threats in PPG.

Not too sure how I feel about this, as the girls didn't seem to remember a squirrel having superpowers before they've stumbled across Bullet. But then at the same time, I'm not too sure if that is really saying much against this.

How long did this comic series go on for? Has the show referenced or mentioned any content from any of these? Does it really add anything to show that I might've missed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back