• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powerhungry: Isaac Westcott vs Vergil

Can't use an ability if you're dead unless shown.

Answer my second question though

My point was that the particles of death were treated in the quote as if they were quite slow. There was enough time in the narration to talk about how it spread and enveloped the area before a single mention of anyone dying to it, so there was a clear span of time between the attack being activated and people dying from it.

What I was saying was that, contextually, it looked like the attack would be activated before Vergil got a hit in, but probably wouldn't actually kill him until after he got a hit in.

If this help, those particle of death was about to kill Origami and Mana but Maria(s) protected them with their own bodies

"Origami! Mana!" "KuÔöÇÔöÇ……!" Mio tried to summon in an attempt to counteract However, it was already too late. The grains of darkness from were already closing in on Origami and Mana like a thin blanket of snow. HoweverÔöÇÔöÇat that moment. "Huh……?" The moment after Shidou blinked, countless white shadows covered his field of vision. He thought it was a hallucination for a moment, but this was different. Suddenly, countless girls with the same face appeared to protect Origami and Mana from the particles of darkness. "WhaÔöÇÔöÇ!?" Of course, those dark particles were a cluster of death. All of the girls who had come in contact with it lost their lives in an instant.
~ DAL Volume 19​
It should be noted that Westcott also used the angel of Law alongside the Angel of death but was countered by Mio's own Lawhax (it was used to rewrite the planet so probably not in character), just saying that he can eventually use both of them at the same time to protect from blows or for offensive purpose.

then he needs time to hit the enemy enough to cover himself, well vergil Judgment Court GG or SS gg if Death particles fail.

Considering the amount of danmaku and that even blocking would seem to be fatal, I am actually tempted to think Wescott may take this.

... Or Vergil could just start instantly with space cut, but Wescott going first feels more likely to me.

Gonna take Vergil's side on this one. I don't see any evidence that those particles would remain after Vergil kills Issac. Vergil is going to massacre anyone whom he deems beneath him, and since he has no idea who Issac is, he's going to just spatial hax him from the get-go like the Beowolf in DMC3. Besides, Vergil isn't gonna sit there and let the Particles hit him if they try going for him. He can just teleport out of the battle field before they strike him.

Back