• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Stars CRT

So I once again prove to myself that Mario pages need all the Jesus, so in Super Mario 64 Bowser uses power stars to seal doors in Peach's Castle and it's inhabitants,
Proof of Power Stars breaking Seals
So what I propose to be added is that to the power star page and its users are
Limited Power Nullification(Can Break the Seals Placed On the Doors inside Peach's Castle and the Individuals Inside, should also theoretically be able to negate other abilities of power stars since it also removed the spatial expansion on the infinite staircase)
Law Manipulation Reality Warping(Prankster comets are described as transforming galaxies, "Making Galaxies go crazy" and also change certain aspects of the Galaxy which can cause effects such as being forced to race against a shadow clone(s) of yourself that trace your movements, a timer being made that causes you to need to collect the star within a certain period of time otherwise you are forced to leave the galaxy, and making it so that you can only take one hit within the galaxy/world before you die)
Stat Amplification (Fast Foe comets increase the speed of obstacles and enemies)
Ressurection (The Daredevil comet resurrected Kamella for her rematch)
Possibly BFR(Speedrun prankster comets eject you from the galaxy if you do not grab the power star in time)
Power Mimicry(Shadow Clones trace your every movement in galaxies in which they are present)
Statistics Reduction (Weakened Mario to the point where any attacks could kill him, was also described as sapping his strength)
Resistance to Sealing(Should be able to break seals placed on them by others via use of power stars)
and
Limited Resistance to Power Nullification(Toads who have their own power stars and should knowledge on how to use them, cannot break their own seals as bowser has more power stars than them)

Last edited:
just Power Nullification seems too wide-reaching, I think Sealing Nullification is a better way to word it on the profiles.

Following. I agree that looking at the OP, it seems like Sealing Nullification.

so uh yeah i just remember mario has another feat that could qualify for it being full on power null, the endless staircase, in mario 64 after passing the 50 star door finds an endless staircase in front of him which leads to bowser in the sky, if you attempt to run up it you will not reach to bowser in the sky, if you have less than 70 stars that is, once you have 70(80 in mario 64 ds) stars the staircase is no longer endless and mario can run up it and reach bowser in the sky, so it should be that power stars are power null(heh)

Is it possible that it's simply Power Stars being able to counter other Power Stars' abilities? They don't have any showings of doing to unrelated stuff, I assume.

Is it possible that it's simply Power Stars being able to counter other Power Stars' abilities? They don't have any showings of doing to unrelated stuff, I assume.
i would need to dig through all of party, for that so gimme a bit

So I once again prove to myself that Mario pages need all the Jesus, so in Super Mario 64 Bowser uses power stars to seal doors in Peach's Castle and it's inhabitants,
Proof of Power Stars breaking Seals
So what I propose to be added is that to the power star page and its users are
Power Nullification(Can Break the Seals Placed On the Doors inside Peach's Castle and the Individuals Inside)
Resistance to Sealing(Should be able to break seals placed on them by others via use of power stars)
and
Resistance to Power Nullification(Toads who have their own power stars and should knowledge on how to use them, cannot break their own seals as bowser has more power stars than them)

I feel like resistance to power nullification has better grounds to be argued for from Galaxy where Power Stars can undo the power null of the Comets disabling recovery options and lowering Mario's health to literally have a single hit kill him.

I feel as though that is the effects of the comets being removed since the thing that was causing them (the power stars) was removed

Oh do we actually consider the Comets the Star's abilities?

Nevermind if that's the case, though we'd have to add all the Comet abilities if that is the case

Should be given the game shows them as being power stars, and so it would probably just be limited power null resistance and limited power null

You can make a case for Reality Warping as well with the Comet stuff for changing the galaxies in ways like adding dark matter that didn't used to be there or changing text on a sign or completely swapping obstacles or enemies with a completely different one.

Also the wording of "changing a galaxy's appearance" or "making it become a different world" according to the Japanese text Rosalina says I believe.

Law Manipulation (Prankster comets impose rules on certain worlds/galaxies with their appearance, such as being forced to race against a shadow clone(s) of yourself that trace your movements, a timer being made that causes you to need to collect the star within a certain period of time otherwise you are forced to leave the galaxy, and making it so that you can only take one hit within the galaxy/world before you die)
BFR(Speedrun prankster comets eject you from the galaxy if you do not grab the power star in time)
Power Mimicry( Shadow Clones trace your every movement in galaxies in which they are present)
I disagree with Law Manipulation. None of your scans remotely show law manip, the closest one is probably Lubba saying that prankster comets transform galaxies into wildly different places, which is more reality-warping than anything else.

Duplication (of Mario/Luigi) seems more likely than Power Mimicry

Power Stars would get Statistics Reduction due to Daredevil Comets, and Fast Foe Comets are probably worth mentioning when it comes to Statistics Amplification.

BFR seems a bit game-mechanicsy. Maybe a "likely" or "possibly BFR" would be better?

There is a quote from the guide that Comets tip the scales in favor of the bosses you rematch when under daredevil comets.

K then, also i did list it as Power mimicry for the dupes
Edit: Oh wait misread, though it should still be power mimicry since he was copying mario's moves which is a aspect of power mimicry

Oh wait, should I give Daredevil's a form of limited regen/healing neg since Mario's Maximum HP to 1 meaning that he cant heal to higher levels of HP

I think Statistics Reduction covers it fine. HP is game mechanics.

Oh also, I found this tidbit in the SMG guide. Apparently the Daredevil Comet revives Kamella for her rematch in Deep Dark Galaxy. Consistent with how she was visibly destroyed in the first fight, and how you can't select the daredevil mission until the Kamella Ghost Ship mission is completed. This would give Resurrection to Power Stars.

I mean, that'd imply that every star should induce the effects of every prankster comet. It also wouldn't really make sense that some comets only target enemies and some only target Mario/Luigi if it was passive. The abilities only seem passive because the galaxy that the prankster comet is in has already warped the galaxy, so the comet effects will continually be in place until the galaxy is no longer warped. Hope that makes sense.

Back