• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Rangers Revisions (Magic is real!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction

weeeeelcome everyone to more ranger revisions, been long time but sori alot of irl stuff plus school been holding me back but here we are, today i bring u the promised mystic force magic revision and honestly, its quite the thing

Magic​

Magic in Power Rangers is not ur average "haha i can use mystic abilities" its smth more than that, smth more fundamental. For starters magic in Power Rangers as seen in Mystic Force is divided into good and bad magic, good magic is good and bad magic is evil but no, its more complex than that, lets take a deeper look

Good Magic is connected to happy emotions, fun, happiness, light and colours. The destruction of good magic brings anything mentioned to their doom, it does sound weird but lets see what happened when octomus decided to wipe out good magic. So after Imperious wished so the Rangers never existed, Octomus won, evil magic dominated and good magic ceased to exist, with good magic gone, the very colours of the universe got erased to the point everything was black and white as pointed out by the rangers, nobody was happy and trying to gain even a little bit of hapiness was impossible as the bad ruled, when Octomus time traveled the Rangers to the future where he erased good magic, the light across existence faded, as light is connected to happy emotions and to good magic, when good magic ceased to exist so did the light

furthmore magic isnt just "magic powers go brrrrrrrr", you are never without magic, the question is where to find it, the Rangers had their magic power null but that wasnt the end of their powers as magic exists in the pure hearts of everyone, calling out the goodness and hope of the world the Rangers were able to regain their powers

so overall magic is a type 2 concept as it shapes good/bad across existence and the doom of it means the doom of every good/bad across existence
CONCLUSION 1
so, so far we have
-magic is a type 2 concept
-mystic force ranger need resistance to power null and absorption
-octomus type 2 concept manip for erasing good magic

GOD-TIERS​

So, how does this effect the god-tiers? with those being most notably the Grid and Dark Specter
So good magic represents the concept of light, hope etc. and bad magic the exact opposite, as we know good and evil will always exist with one countering the other, they work as a duality
the Grid and Dark specter shape creation and its laws but are also completely outside and not effected by it, they are outside their systems too, as agreed here

So with that gone now we will discuss the shattered grid a little bit, so we know Drakkon destroyed the multiverse but nothing remained other than the void (more about that in another thread), nothing remained, everything got destroyed which reasonably should include magic. Drakkon's grid energy is also capable of banishing and effecting the very nature of concepts like dark specter who is a type 1 concept. Thing is that the Rangers were able to take hits from him meaning that they can resist conceptual attacks
CONCLUSION 2
-The Grid and Dark Specter get the following
Transduality (type 1: Outside and immune to the system and effects of the duality of good and bad magic which represent the concept of good and evil)
-the Mighty Morphin Rangers get
Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1: Resisted Drakkon's grid amplified attacks which can easily completely destroy type 2 concepts and even effect type 1 concepts like Dark Specter)

I disagree with Transduality type 1. The scans you showed is most likely flowery and not dual system. Nothing implies they present bad or good magic in any context. (Unless I am missing something)

However, I am neutral on CM type 2 part, since it sounds it is fundamental as they will become dust once the red monster (ya I called him like that) eat their magic.
Also, it sounds like magic is a system where people can share their magic to others.

I disagree with Transduality type 1. The scans you showed is most likely flowery and not dual system. Nothing implies they present bad or good magic in any context. (Unless I am missing something)
In Power Rangers good and evil are 2 things that u cannot get rid of, they exist to counter each other, Dark Specter exists as death, entropy, destruction etc.. and Grid is the direct opposite as it is life, Dark Specter will constantly be spawning evil and so life will counter that evil (using rangers lul) it isnt flowery language as evil will indeed always exist. Same works for good and bad magic, u cant get rid of those ,as similar to DS and the grid, exist to counter each other
However, I am neutral on CM type 2 part, since it sounds it is fundamental as they will become dust once the red monster (ya I called him like that) eat their magic.
Also, it sounds like magic is a system where people can share their magic to others.
alr, thanks for replying

In Power Rangers good and evil are 2 things that u cannot get rid of, they exist to counter each other, Dark Specter exists as death, entropy, destruction etc.. and Grid is the direct opposite as it is life, Dark Specter will constantly be spawning evil and so life will counter that evil (using rangers lul) it isnt flowery language as evil will indeed always exist. Same works for good and bad magic, u cant get rid of those ,as similar to DS and the grid, exist to counter each other
The scans you presented are nowhere implying as dual system. Please show scans for this claim.
alr, thanks for replying
No problems.

The first scan implies nothing, honestly. I don't see anything related to dual system.
Same goes to the second scan, nothing implies as dual system.
And I said, the third scan is flowery.

The first scan implies nothing, honestly. I don't see anything related to dual system.
Same goes to the second scan, nothing implies as dual system.
would u like to define a dual system?
And I said, the third scan is flowery.
it rlly isnt when dark specter will always exists as evil spawning evil and the grid being there to fight it

would u like to define a dual system?
A duality is a situation where two things are opposites of each other, for instance fire and not fire is a duality. The duality of existence is existence and not existence.
it rlly isnt when dark specter will always exists as evil spawning evil and the grid being there to fight it
It is just saying, as long as good exists, evil exists. He is nowhere referring it to dual system. Your premise was that good presents good magic and bad presents bad magic, nowhere in the scans say this.

A duality is a situation where two things are opposites of each other, for instance fire and not fire is a duality. The duality of existence is existence and not existence.
exactly what dark specter and the grid are, its very simple, grid exists as life and dark specter as its opposite, death, idk what makes it not a duality
It is just saying, as long as good exists, evil exists. He is nowhere referring it to dual system. Your premise was that good presents good magic and bad presents bad magic, nowhere in the scans say this.
its the very morphin grid saying that, which knows dark specter from a first hand, its explaining that good and evil will always exist as the opposite forces

good magic and bad magic are basically grid and dark specter but on a weaker level, good magic represents good which is seen as when good magic died literally anything that comes as "good" died too

exactly what dark specter and the grid are, its very simple, grid exists as life and dark specter as its opposite, death, idk what makes it not a duality
Eh.............................. I mean kind of weird one honestly, but I guess it is verse setting. Alright
its the very morphin grid saying that, which knows dark specter from a first hand, its explaining that good and evil will always exist as the opposite forces

good magic and bad magic are basically grid and dark specter but on a weaker level, good magic represents good which is seen as when good magic died literally anything that comes as "good" died too
Alright, this explains.

But honestly, this is the worst/weakest transdaul I have ever seen.

there will be more revisions in the future so who knows, i might find way better stuff
thanks for replying tho, appreciate it

Magic being a concept is pretty blatant as every living being has it and doing the slighest change in magic can affect the entire existence. Transduality also works since bad magic and good magic are directly tied to pure good and pure evil, there is nothing flowery as both ideas are extremely supported by both series and comics, and neither is bad example of transduality. I agree with the revisions.

Transduality seems shaky honestly. It's more of flowery language where "as long as good exists there will always be evil".
The concept manipulation is blatant though i can't figure out for the life of me what it would do.
Don't see why they should resist powernull and absorption from this. Could you explain further?

Transduality seems shaky honestly. It's more of flowery language where "as long as good exists there will always be evil".
idk why would it be flowery language, the second clip its the very grid saying it and it matches perfectly with how grid and dark specter work
Don't see why they should resist powernull and absorption from this. Could you explain further?
basically, removing their powers isnt enough to power null them for good, if they believe in magic they can regain their powers even if absorbed or nulled. Unless u effect good magic as a whole u arent doing anything to their powers

idk why would it be flowery language, the second clip its the very grid saying it and it matches perfectly with how grid and dark specter work

basically, removing their powers isnt enough to power null them for good, if they believe in magic they can regain their powers even if absorbed or nulled. Unless u effect good magic as a whole u arent doing anything to their powers
Alright then, if that's how it is.

That's easier to understand, I agree

To clarify, Octomus literally erased the very concept good magic, not just the manifestation of good magic in the world?

Concept Destruction: The ability to destroy or remove a concept. By using the ability concepts are removed from reality. This can be wide-spread or very targeted, either erasing the concept of an overarching fundamental principle, such as space, or an individual. When destroyed at this level, nothing can be restored without using similarly powerful conceptual creation. Conventional regeneration or resurrection, no matter how powerful, would prove impossible as the very abstract concept of the character would not exist.

To clarify, Octomus literally erased the very concept good magic, not just the manifestation of good magic in the world?
yeah good magic died, it not longer existed
Aren't the Grid and Dark Spectre the two halves of the duality? Why would they transcend duality if they are half of it?
their duality is much above the duality of good-bad magic, their existences are also above the tribunal of magic who exist outside the system of good-bad magic
For Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation, we need justification that Drakkon tried to manipulate their concept and failed instead of just firing generic blasts.
Drakkon's generic blasts also negged everything in existence including the tribunals and magic, the grid's generic blast also wiped out dark specter's true form from earth

the tribunals of magic returned the world back to normal
Okay, I think I understand the context.

The Genie's wish was that there were never any Mystic Force Power Rangers. This wish basically rewrote history so there was never any Ranger resistance to the dark magic forces. This in turn caused the current day to no longer have any good magic due to good magic losing. The Darkness took over four months ago since the Mystic Force Rangers never formed.

I also argue that the concept of good magic wasn't destroyed as the White Counselor, overseer of Good Magic is unaffected.

We know Drakkon destroyed universes and dimensions, but I don't see anything suggesting that he changed concepts.

Filling a space with light energy to push out dark energy wouldn't qualify as concept manipulation. This would only be a form of non-physical interaction.

Okay, I think I understand the context.

The Genie's wish was that there were never any Mystic Force Power Rangers. This wish basically rewrote history so there was never any Ranger resistance to the dark magic forces. This in turn caused the current day to no longer have any good magic due to good magic losing. The Darkness took over four months ago since the Mystic Force Rangers never formed.
good magic was completelty deestroyed, the rangers losing their powers prove it, as long the good magic exists the rangers have their powers and can regain them, the rangers and good magicians lost their all their powers, good magic got destroyed
I also argue that the concept of good magic wasn't destroyed as the White Counselor, overseer of Good Magic is unaffected.
the counselors are beyond good and bad magic, they arent effected by it
We know Drakkon destroyed universes and dimensions, but I don't see anything suggesting that he changed concepts.
destroying everything to the point only the void exists, should include magic too
Filling a space with light energy to push out dark energy wouldn't qualify as concept manipulation. This would only be a form of non-physical interaction.
it banished dark specter who is a concept, its not normal dark energy

it banished dark specter who is a concept, its not normal dark energy
"It should be noted that the ability to interact with abstract entities (Type 1) directly as if they were physical objects is usually considered as non-physical interaction, and does not grant the user the ability to manipulate concepts in other contexts."

"It should be noted that the ability to interact with souls and other non-corporeal entities directly as if they were physical objects is usually considered Non-Physical Interaction and does not grant the user the ability to manipulate them in other contexts."

good magic was completelty deestroyed, the rangers losing their powers prove it, as long the good magic exists the rangers have their powers and can regain them, the rangers and good magicians lost their all their powers, good magic got destroyed

the counselors are beyond good and bad magic, they arent effected by it

destroying everything to the point only the void exists, should include magic too
Concepts are different from the material.

If you destroy a concept on a reality scale, it should be unfathomable to the mind. The regular witches say that they lost good magic four months ago. If the concept of good magic really was destroyed, no one would be able to comprehend what good magic even was.

Reducing things to a void does not mean concepts were affected. The material expression of magic may be destroyed, but not the abstract concept.

If the witches are still able to remember erased concepts (while others never made an idea since goodness was killed in reality), they just have a really good acausality or resistance to concept to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back